Android users who have made the switch to the iphone 7+

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
How long has it been since you made the switch to the dark side and are you happy?

I had been contemplating for quite awhile and made the switch Jan 2017. It hasn't left the "honeymoon phase" in that I LOVE it and it took a bad exp with Samsung and Android to get me to leave. Kind of like a bad love relationship, only this time technical relationship.

I never thought I would use Apple products. The word "never" shouldn't be in my vocabulary. I am eating my words but gladly doing so.

AM completely in the ecosystem.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I left Android coming up on 5 years ago with the launch of the iPhone 5.

I had the OG iPhone and got the iPhone 3G and I really loved the 2G iPhone but after not seeing any movement on MMS, copy/paste and the ability to change my ringtones I got fed up and left for blackberry with the purchase of the Bold 9000. After getting sick of that I got the Motorola Droid and thus began my Android journey and subsequent bashing of all my iPhone wielding friends. Even throwing around the isheep moniker that still gets used and vowing never to return to iPhone.

Well much like you Jude I should have never said never LOL. On a whim I just wanted to switch back with the iPhone 5 launch and I haven’t looked back!

I love all my  products!! I shouldn’t say I’d never switch back to Android but I’ve attempted multiple times with multiple purchases of different Android phones ranging from the Nexus 5 to the S8+ and I couldn’t use them for more than a week. Android for me is just not the OS that I care to use anymore. The thing that killed it for me was using my Galaxy Nexus and flashing a new kernel/rom combo almost weekly trying to eek out the most battery I could. It got tireless and frustrating.

But I’m so happy now and can’t wait for September.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I left Android coming up on 5 years ago with the launch of the iPhone 5.

I had the OG iPhone and got the iPhone 3G and I really loved the 2G iPhone but after not seeing any movement on MMS, copy/paste and the ability to change my ringtones I got fed up and left for blackberry with the purchase of the Bold 9000. After getting sick of that I got the Motorola Droid and thus began my Android journey and subsequent bashing of all my iPhone wielding friends. Even throwing around the isheep moniker that still gets used and vowing never to return to iPhone.

Well much like you Jude I should have never said never LOL. On a whim I just wanted to switch back with the iPhone 5 launch and I haven’t looked back!

I love all my  products!! I shouldn’t say I’d never switch back to Android but I’ve attempted multiple times with multiple purchases of different Android phones ranging from the Nexus 5 to the S8+ and I couldn’t use them for more than a week. Android for me is just not the OS that I care to use anymore. The thing that killed it for me was using my Galaxy Nexus and flashing a new kernel/rom combo almost weekly trying to eek out the most battery I could. It got tireless and frustrating.

But I’m so happy now and can’t wait for September.

How was your experience with the s8+?

I have been with ios to android, back to iOS and then back to android...Now back to iOS for a while. I had an iPhone 4...Switched to the galaxy s4...Then got the s5. I skipped the s6 and went with the iPhone 6+ then upgraded to a 6S plus. I got bored with ios and decided to get the s7 edge since it was the greatest and latest of technology with the curved screen. I absolutely hated the phone, battery life sucked and it was so laggy. I hated the edge screen. I tried a OnePlus, a regular s7, a pixel and so on. I finally said enough with android and got the iPhone 7 plus. I am so content now. I do find the phone a bit too large but I am used to the form factor now.

I have heard really good things about the s8/s8+ but I feel you always hear that months in to the release.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Came from s7edge and I’m happy now as I can concentrate on other things than tinkering with OS and lag and finding rogue apps which eats my battery or force closes random OS systems.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I came from the Nexus 6p in April 2016 to the iPhone 6s Plus and have had no regrets about switching. I really liked Android but got tired of continuous tinkering to keep it working. iOS just works.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I came from the Nexus 6p in April 2016 to the iPhone 6s Plus and have had no regrets about switching. I really liked Android but got tired of continuous tinkering to keep it working. iOS just works.

I also came from a Nexus 6P in May, but to the 7+. Agreed, it's so nice to use iOS from a functionality standpoint it just always works. For everything I use my phone for, I've learned iPhone works best for me. No regrets, coming to iOS was the bet move I made.

Soreloser

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
My first iPhone was the 3GS. I made the switch to Android when the Galaxy S2 came out. Numerous Android phones later I came to the conclusion that I really was done with custom ROMS and rooting and in February made the switch back to IOS with the 7+. Is it all rainbows and unicorns in Apple land? Not a chance. Android still does some things better (notifications, volume controls, customization of my screen layout, etc) but I do appreciate the timely updates of IOS. I also love the camera. Battery life is pretty good, although nothing significantly different than the ZTE Axon 7 I switched from. I still contemplate using my ZTE at times, particularly when I have a number of apps I purchased on Android and I hate that I have to repurchase them with IOS.

Overall, since my phone is basically a camera, music player,web browser, Amazon shopping, text messaging, email and voice call device IOS suits me just fine. No app crashes yet. I am pretty sure it has rebooted a few times because it has asked me for my unlock PIN a number of times. I use fingerprint to unlock but it has said that the PIN has to be entered to enable the fingerprint unlock. I have only seen that when I have rebooted it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used both iOS and android since the iPhone 4. I can make either work for me and they each have features that I like better on one than the other. While I agree that iOS is easier to use for most people I've never understood the comments about needing to mess with Android to get it to work. I used to mess with my android phones way more, but it wasn't too get it to work. Any android phone I've had worked fine out of the box. Just like the iPhone works fine out of the box. Different? Yes, but they work. It was fun to customize. It still is but I don't spend the time going crazy with it. I like my 7 Plus and my S8 Plus and I'm really struggling with keeping one over the other.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been back and forth several times going original droid/iPhone 4/droid2/ iPhone 4/ gs3/ iPhone 5s/ gs6/ turbo 2/ and now 6 plus. I think for now I'll be staying with iOS. Pixel was very tempting but it's hard to deny that iOS just works. I got the turbo 2 because I am on call a lot and I don't need to be tied to a charger but even though it was advertised as a 2 day phone I get double or more battery life out of my 6 plus even on aged batteries. Until android can compete with battery life and fully implement rcs im here to stay.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been back and forth between android and iOS. Last September I got the iPhone 7 because all the stuff with iOS 10 looked awesome and I wanted to play with it. I had every intention of returning it within the 2 week period....then I kept it. Got the Apple Watch. Then ended up selling the iPhone 7 to get the iPhone 7+. Android phones have looked intriguing but I have a hard time giving up my watch....

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My bestie and her husband have he S8+ and I helped her fix her issues because she let a friend of her's tinker with it. Her friend put things on her phone without even asking her and it really messed it up. Also things i would never put on my phone if I was still on Android and Samsung. I had to remove apps. Now her phone is working fine and told her to not let people mess with her phone. She doesn't want to put a password on it so told her to just tell them to keep their hands off.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How was your experience with the s8+?

I have been with ios to android, back to iOS and then back to android...Now back to iOS for a while. I had an iPhone 4...Switched to the galaxy s4...Then got the s5. I skipped the s6 and went with the iPhone 6+ then upgraded to a 6S plus. I got bored with ios and decided to get the s7 edge since it was the greatest and latest of technology with the curved screen. I absolutely hated the phone, battery life sucked and it was so laggy. I hated the edge screen. I tried a OnePlus, a regular s7, a pixel and so on. I finally said enough with android and got the iPhone 7 plus. I am so content now. I do find the phone a bit too large but I am used to the form factor now.

I have heard really good things about the s8/s8+ but I feel you always hear that months in to the release.

The S8+ was a nice phone but I was just shocked at some of the things I couldn’t do out of the box with it that i could do with my iPhone. Have to download an app for visual Voicemail and video calling. Plus the stupid amount of settings kind of ridiculous. I just realized that Android isn’t for me anymore and there’s no point in trying to force myself to use it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The S8+ was a nice phone but I was just shocked at some of the things I couldn’t do out of the box with it that i could do with my iPhone. Have to download an app for visual Voicemail and video calling. Plus the stupid amount of settings kind of ridiculous. I just realized that Android isn’t for me anymore and there’s no point in trying to force myself to use it.
Agree 100%. No reason to use something that's not for you. Those setting are the reason a lot of people love Android, but obviously some don't want all those options. I definitely favor the iPhone voicemail and FaceTime over anything on Android though.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100%. No reason to use something that's not for you. Those setting are the reason a lot of people love Android, but obviously some don't want all those options. I definitely favor the iPhone voicemail and FaceTime over anything on Android though.

Yeah I just like being able to use the phone right out of the box without having to download other apps. I know Android does show visual voicemail in the phone app now but it’s dependent on the stupid carrier and whether they want to allow it which is so infuriating to me.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I just like being able to use the phone right out of the box without having to download other apps. I know Android does show visual voicemail in the phone app now but it’s dependent on the stupid carrier and whether they want to allow it which is so infuriating to me.
Yep. That's an issue I don't know how they will fix. Carriers have too much control over Android phones.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I had a original iPhone and then i went to Android and thought I would never look back. I got the 6s plus for the cases. The only thing that keeps me on ios is cases. if I could get the battery life my note 5 gets I'd be a happy camper.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a original iPhone and then i went to Android and thought I would never look back. I got the 6s plus for the cases. The only thing that keeps me on ios is cases. if I could get the battery life my note 5 gets I'd be a happy camper.

I’m the complete opposite I absolutely hate cases haha.

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Chronic switcher here go from android to iOS everytime. Last phone was s7 edge liked it but studdered couple times a day but got the chance to switch to Verizon an trade phones for a 7 plus an have been really pleased with this device. I don't use it to its full potential but best phone I've used to date an plan on staying with it for a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods