Your opinion-Jet Black-Keep it or return it

phillipe_nova

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I first ordered the Jet Black because it looks absolutely gorgeous but I cancelled the order because I it's prone to scratches and I don't use cases. Now I'm using the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus and I'm completely happy with it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I first ordered the Jet Black because it looks absolutely gorgeous but I cancelled the order because I it's prone to scratches and I don't use cases. Now I'm using the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus and I'm completely happy with it.

You can't go wrong with Matte Black

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You can if you want to go caseless. Its far too slick to use naked. If you want to go caseless Jet Black is the only way to go.

I actually do use my iPhone naked most of the time. I don't mind the dings, it's a tool at the end of the day and it's meant to be used

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I returned it. I keep my devices pristine as I sell them off periodically. Can't risk scratches. T-Mobile did not have the Matte black in stock as it turns out that it was a close out sale. No more 256 GB models from T-Mobile. But I have
located a suutable replacement on Swappa.

My biggest problem now is that although they confirm they have had it in their possession, they have yet to credit my account. It WAS returned in pristine condition yet I still wait for a credit. NEVER buy a device from T-Mobile except in a store where you complete your return on the spot! Never again!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I returned it. I keep my devices pristine as I sell them off periodically. Can't risk scratches. T-Mobile did not have the Matte black in stock as it turns out that it was a close out sale. No more 256 GB models from T-Mobile. But I have
located a suutable replacement on Swappa.

My biggest problem now is that although they confirm they have had it in their possession, they have yet to credit my account. It WAS returned in pristine condition yet I still wait for a credit. NEVER buy a device from T-Mobile except in a store where you complete your return on the spot! Never again!

Sorry to hear that!
I hope things will work out for you in the end.

Are you going to get the 256GB in Matte Black to replace your Jet Black?

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to hear that!
I hope things will work out for you in the end.

Are you going to get the 256GB in Matte Black to replace your Jet Black?

Yes. I ordered a Matte Black on Swappa and it has arrived. A beautiful device and not one that I will worry about. With my glass screen protector and my Apple Silicone case I am good to go. With what I hear about the coming 7s (glass back) and the form factor / curved glass of the iPhone 8 and I think my 7 Plus may be around for quite a while. I don't like the direction of these phones in specific and phones in general.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
You can if you want to go caseless. Its far too slick to use naked. If you want to go caseless Jet Black is the only way to go.

Agreed, my matte black is super slippery...I want to go ceaseless but way too paranoid, so I use official apple leather cause at least it adds grip. But ohhh man do I want to use it naked.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually do use my iPhone naked most of the time. I don't mind the dings, it's a tool at the end of the day and it's meant to be used

I can deal with dings and minor dents, I agree it's a tool but I just get too freaked out about the screen (I refuse to use any screen protector).

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had a JB 7 plus in a Apple leather case and still ended up scratched and pit marks, sold it and got a MB 7 plus which was way better, now have a MB 7, do like the feel of the JB though would buy again.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a JB 7 plus in a Apple leather case and still ended up scratched and pit marks, sold it and got a MB 7 plus which was way better, now have a MB 7, do like the feel of the JB though would buy again.

I tried a friend's Jet Black and it feels grippy in the hand. I would love to have both hahaha

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods