Finally got the 7 Plus!

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I love my 7+ and wouldn't trade it for any device right now, but I gotta ask what made you decide to get it now with the new iPhone right around the corner?

It was upgrade time and they had a really great iPhone + iPad deal going on. I’m always a model behind usually, always. I have looked at the 7 Plus and knew I liked it a lot, so I went ahead. I don’t mind that the next iPhone will be out soon. Ill keep the 7 Plus probably 2 yrs unless something comes up. Oh, I ended up getting my iPad with my carrier (the new 2017 iPad), for just $185. And I needed the iPad.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It was upgrade time and they had a really great iPhone + iPad deal going on. I’m always a model behind usually, always. I have looked at the 7 Plus and knew I liked it a lot, so I went ahead. I don’t mind that the next iPhone will be out soon. Ill keep the 7 Plus probably 2 yrs unless something comes up. Oh, I ended up getting my iPad with my carrier (the new 2017 iPad), for just $185. And I needed the iPad.

That's really the smart way to go. I need to stop jumping on the latest and greatest and wait for the deals about 7-8 months after release. The 7 Plus will still be a very good phone two years from now. Plus you got that deal on the iPad! Congratulations and enjoy!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's really the smart way to go. I need to stop jumping on the latest and greatest and wait for the deals about 7-8 months after release. The 7 Plus will still be a very good phone two years from now. Plus you got that deal on the iPad! Congratulations and enjoy!

I hear ya there. I just got a deal on an iPhone 7. I think I'll just use that until I can scrounge up a good deal on the next iPhone and not worry about getting it as soon as it comes out.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya there. I just got a deal on an iPhone 7. I think I'll just use that until I can scrounge up a good deal on the next iPhone and not worry about getting it as soon as it comes out.

Uh huh sureeeeee! I'm gonna say the same thing! There is NO reason why I would need the new iPhone but I know I will want it. I think the hefty price tag will hold me back for a bit. Def not buying at $1,000

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm with ya, I rarely buy the latest new phone...the only phone I bought that JUST got released was the S6. I would rather generally save some cash and get last years model, unless the latest has major upgrades I need. It seems like you did the smart thing, I love my 7+ and know you won't have any regrets.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

That's my plan also.. Just got a 7+ also. I'm gonna enjoy this for awhile and not rush and score the latest in greatest come October. Not to mention I bet it will be difficult to score being the design change. 7+\7 are great devices.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Uh huh sureeeeee! I'm gonna say the same thing! There is NO reason why I would need the new iPhone but I know I will want it. I think the hefty price tag will hold me back for a bit. Def not buying at $1,000

Yeah. I think not being able to get one and that gigantic price tag may make me hold off for a bit. We have so much going on with my kids and whatnot right now that it would be stupid to jump in immediately. For what it's worth, I've been on my 6s Plus mostly since Dec of 2015. So it can be done!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
There is always going to be a newer phone coming out. I had just had it with Samsung. From the Note 7 I had gotten into the Note 5 because I loved the Note series. I do miss the spen. I used it a lot. BUT I don't miss the issues I would have within 6 months of being on Android. When I had the 64 gig on backorder for two months and received an email 2 weeks prior to the date it was to ship and being told it was CANCELLED that was the last straw. And my bother had told me he had heard the watch was going to be compatible with the iphone so I called Verizon and made the switch. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was also offered a 529 trade in on the Note 5 and that was too good to pass up. A week later I ordered the 12.9 iPad Pro and the following month I got the Mac Pro. My company uses the ipad and so I was familiar. I made the complete switch and am extremely pleased. My iphone still feels new to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2