I have a horrible addiction to iPhone cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
We should have a case therapy group. I just purchased a Michael Kors folio case and that makes 10 cases for my iphone 7+. I have to stop this madness. LOL. I change cases like I change shoes and boots. I am also lucky my script hasn't changed because I have a great collection of glasses too. I am putting a halt on this.
Do you have a case addiction too?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a horrible addiction

Haha, nothing wrong with having some accessories for your iPhone. Just as long as you can afford it. 😃 People can have 15 T-shirts at home and no one bats and eye, but have 10 cases for your iPhone and everyone loses their minds.

I've always had 1 case. Never more.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

People can have 15 T-shirts at home and no one bats and eye, but have 10 cases for your iPhone and everyone loses their minds.

LOL yeah but you don’t have to wash your iPhone case after each use. 🤣

I’m in the 1 or 2 case boat myself. I usually don’t use a case but I keep a few around for the times I feel I need the extra protection. With a new iPhone coming in 2.5-3 months I’m all done investing in my 7 Plus.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The problem with investing in multiple cases is when you upgrade, the new phone may not be compatible with the old cases. I have 3 cases for my 6s Plus, but use mostly my Otterbox Commuter.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I have 4 cases for my 7 Plus so no addiction here. I get the whole accessorizing thing as I do the same but just with Apple Watch bands (9 sport bands and 1 woven nylon band). I've told myself I can't get caught up in matching my phone case too though I do have one watch band that matches my case...lol! I say do what fits your fancy if you can afford it ;)

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

The problem with investing in multiple cases is when you upgrade, the new phone may not be compatible with the old cases. I have 3 cases for my 6s Plus, but use mostly my Otterbox Commuter.
This is one of the reasons I normally stick to 1 case. That being said, I think having a case that's water proof for underwater videos at the beach is nice to have.

Then you also need a budget case when you just walking around the shops. Then maybe a fancy case for weddings and events. So before you know it, you 5 deep in cases lol. 😃

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Me too! I have about 15 cases at the moment for my 6s. I am also addicted to watch bands--I wear my Series 2 daily and like to change bands frequently. Bills are paid, money is in savings, it's all good.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm still not ready to talk about my problem with case collecting... Facepalm. Everything and any you could imagine, probably. 🤔😢
094c999c3321a8b72ee7a031333fb400.jpg
b0efd8316fe495d10bc66ec53e9547fa.jpg

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had as many as 7 ea. (iPhone 5 & Note 5) to as few as 1 (mostly because thats all that was available for that model). I have 2 official Apple leather cases for my 7 Plus (1 Black & 1 Saddle Brown)...

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got a single case for my 7+, usually get 3-4 when I buy a new phone but love my Apple official brown leather case...if I wasn't so paranoid about dropping it I'd have no cases for it

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got a single case for my 7+, usually get 3-4 when I buy a new phone but love my Apple official brown leather case...if I wasn't so paranoid about dropping it I'd have no cases for it

This is true for me. Since I started using the Apple cases I pretty much don't use anything else. I do get a couple of them for color/texture (silicone vs leather) but that's it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is true for me. Since I started using the Apple cases I pretty much don't use anything else. I do get a couple of them for color/texture (silicone vs leather) but that's it.

That’s what I’ve paired my small collection down to...1 sea blue and 1 black Apple leather case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711