I have a horrible addiction to iPhone cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

sboj_evets

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
We should have a case therapy group. I just purchased a Michael Kors folio case and that makes 10 cases for my iphone 7+. I have to stop this madness. LOL. I change cases like I change shoes and boots. I am also lucky my script hasn't changed because I have a great collection of glasses too. I am putting a halt on this.
Do you have a case addiction too?

There's nothing wrong with that! its always good to have a nice selection so that you can change it up when necessary. I have different cases that I'll use for different purposes.. My Lifeproof case is always with me on vacations especially when I am going anywhere near water, I have a host of Otterbox and Spigen cases as well. I really loke the Louis Vuitton cases which just came out not too long ago, but they are insanely overpriced (I know this may seem obvious since its Louis Vuitton, but its outrageous!). Their one "trunk case" is $5,500. When it comes to my everyday carry, I use my carbon fiber iPhone case. For the every day carry, I absolutely hate bulk. So I usually pair it up with a nice nano screen protector just for an added layer of protection.

I do agree with some of the comments here about these cases losing their usability once a new iPhone comes out. It definitely sucks, especially once you find a case, or several cases, that you really like the fit and finish of..

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My latest is M Kors folio. Like it a lot. Stopping at 10. This is the most I have ever had for a phone. But this is also a phone I am quite happy with. 7 months owning and not wanting to throw away

queenren

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have at least 25 cases myself for my 7Plus. I have at least 10-15 for my S8 Plus (which I'm thinking about getting rid of and going with LG).

When I had by 6 Plus and 6S Plus, I had well over 30 cases.

I order a lot of cases from ebay, amazon, and aliexpress. So normally, they are no more than about $12 each. However, because I order them online, I only really use about half of them because by the time they actually get to me, and I get to see them in person, sometimes, they don't look like the picture or I just don't like them. And because of the price, it's usually not cost-effective to send them back. So I keep them or give them way.

The good thing is when I upgrade to the iPhone 8 (or whatever it's called), I can give my cases to my mom and sister because they use phones forever - basically until they break.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have always used Samsung and jumped ship in Jan. I have never seen so many cases offered as I do with Apple. I actually like it because I easily get bored with cases. I have found a lot of them on ebay too. But I have bought from Verizon as well. Get a corporate discount. But I have to STOP the madness. Until something catches my eye. I am glad I haven't paid full retail for them though. It does help to have a discount and also ebay has great pricing from sellers.
I only have one for my ipad and that is a logitech with back lit keyboard. And I have a case for my Mac Pro as well.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought a cheap £4 case for my red iPhone! This addiction really takes hold lol

Oh and it's clear so I'll get some pics when I can.

It claims to have a lip but it would just and only just protect the screen laying face down.

I've a screen protector so not too fussed. I'm careful with my phones anyway!

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a mild addict. I have a black  leather case (my fave), an  battery case, a Spigen Tough Armour, and a Speck clear case for my 6.

rday76

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I would say my case use is more of necessity than addiction. I am an at-all-times OtterBox/LifeProof user (usually get the slim OtterBox, commuter or symmetry, and then the LifeProof Fre for each iPhone I get). This is due to my hobbies, job, and the fact that I refuse to pay for any sort of warranty. I need 100% protection for pretty much anything that can happen to a phone. Fall out of my jacket into the river? No problem (being water resistant this go 'round helps). Get muddy from trying to text after a rainy hike? Sure thing. I think even though they are the most overpriced cases, if you wait it out on Amazon, they are constantly deals for 25%+ off of them, even within weeks of a new device launch (except the new non-Pro iPad - LOOKING AT YOU OTTERBOX!). OK I am done now

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I used to be much worse, some phones I would have 10 plus cases for.

When I switched to Apple I toned it down a bit. Possibly because I began paying full retail for them, I'm not really sure. I typically get 3 or so cases now with my iPhones. A wallet case for trips (super convenient), a thicker sports/drop case for the beach and working out, and a super thin Peel style case that gives you the no-case feel but with added grip and scratch protection...which I use the most and carry to the office daily.

that said, I'm always checking out what's new :)

smart_burro

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, my name is John and I am an iPhone Case addict. I have been an iPhone case addict since I got my iPhone 3G. With each new iPhone model it just continues to get worse and I am 100% ok with that. I had 33 different cases that I got for my 6+ and 6s+ but most wouldn’t work with my 7+ so I included them when I sold my 6s+. Except for a couple cases all of mine were bought on Amazon and were mostly in the $10-$20 range. Even though they were much cheaper than the $30+ cases found at places like Best it and the Apple store most were the same or bettee quality. The only time I will buy a case from either store is when I 1st get my new iPhone and want a case to put on it immediately. For my 7+ I bought 5 cases for it that were my favorites for my 6s+. I recently added a 6th that was a “splurge” for me. It is an Evutec that I bought from Target for $35. I justified spending a little more than I usually would because it comes with a built in metal plate so I can use it on my magnet car mount. It also comes with car vent mount that I use when I am in a rental car or as a stand when I am away from my home office. It is pretty slim, but so far has protected my phone from several really bad drops including face down and corner drops on concrete. With most other slim cases these drops would have me running to be Apple store to get a replacement phone. Not with this case though. After 4-5 serious drops I don’t even have a scratch and my phone works like it did the day I got it.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I normally just have one or two cases for my phones. I buy them to protect the phone, not necessarily to customize it. Right now I just have the Spigen Tough Armor in Jet Black for my iPhone 7 in Jet Black. Its a tough, very substantial case that I know will protect it. Thats all I need.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't really have an addiction. But I tend to always get an Apple Leather Case, Mophie Juice Pack, and BookBook by TwelveSouth.

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: I have a horrible addiction

Haha, nothing wrong with having some accessories for your iPhone. Just as long as you can afford it. 😃 People can have 15 T-shirts at home and no one bats and eye, but have 10 cases for your iPhone and everyone loses their minds.

I've always had 1 case. Never more.

Only 15 T-Shirts???? I've got 50+. Maybe I do have a problem LMAO. And I too have a case addiction. I just got my 7 Plus today and it's in an Otterbox Defender. But there will be more cases. I had 25 for my 6+. My wife HATES my case addiction LOL

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
As of today I’m up to 22 cases and I believe I have another one on the way at some point and a return hopefully which would bring me up to 24.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have a horrible addiction

Only 15 T-Shirts???? I've got 50+. Maybe I do have a problem LMAO. And I too have a case addiction. I just got my 7 Plus today and it's in an Otterbox Defender. But there will be more cases. I had 25 for my 6+. My wife HATES my case addiction LOL

Firstly, congratulations on your iPhone 7 Plus! That's awesome :D Hope you enjoy it!
Secondly, 25 cases for the 6+. Are you trying to keep every case business going? haha

I definitely agree that it does get a little boring having the same case for 2 years and its nice to mix things up. With regards to T-shirts, i have a little more than 20 but thats over 15 years of purchasing so its only 1 per year or around there which isn't a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77