Did anyone see everythingapplepro’s latest iPhone 8 leaks video?

He’s saying how touchID will be on the back now, that the design isn’t going to be anything like we thought and a whole bunch of other fluff. He’s really starting to annoy me.
    06-22-2017 05:27 PM
    I recommend Cricket if AT&T works for you except for price. It is hard to beat from that standpoint, and if you are used to buying your devices upfront anyway it really won't be any different.
    I agree. I pay $35 per month and get excellent service. AT&T and Verizon are pricing themselves out of my market and I suspect many others as well.
    TgeekB and libra89 like this.
    06-22-2017 06:05 PM

He’s saying how touchID will be on the back now, that the design isn’t going to be anything like we thought and a whole bunch of other fluff. He’s really starting to annoy me.
    I saw the video. Nothing is set in stone, and even he commented on how Apple was locking things down, and the decrease in leaked/stolen hardware that is making it out of the factories. So we are basing everything on rumors and drawings that may or may not be several revisions old.

I know everyone who is a loyal longtime Apple user thinks the rear Touch ID is the end of the world, but I find it no harder to use than the front sensor. Of course my only experience with a rear sensor was the Pixel, but I had no issue with using that.

I agree. I pay $35 per month and get excellent service. AT&T and Verizon are pricing themselves out of my market and I suspect many others as well.
    I agree. The only reason I see people sticking with them is for device financing, but if you step back and look at the total costs, you could buy a new phone every 18-24 months with the savings from a MVNO vs the big 4 networks. That said, I am currently taking advantage of the year free with Sprint, after which I will for sure be switching my number back to Cricket. My wife may stay with Sprint (but switch to prepaid) because they are the only carrier that has any signal at her work.

I think if Apple offered financing directly it might steer more people away from the big 4. I know Apple offers special financing if you open an Apple card, but I don't know if they do special promotional rates (no interest for X months) after you have the card, or if it is only when you first open it. The fine print says you have to make an eligible purchase within 30 days of opening the card to get the interest free period.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-23-2017 10:17 AM

It should not annoy you until apple confirms it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-24-2017 05:16 AM
    Given how most carrier plans are setup now, it makes sense for most people to just trade in and get the latest every year. I upgraded on every device except these last 2 bc they just didn’t seem significant from the 6/6+ to make the jump (for me). I think the current devices are obviously getting better and can handle newer os’s so it really comes down to preference. How it’s shaping up, the iP8 is gonna be a pretty big deal so I could see it being a big upgrade cycle. But from a 7/7+ will you really *need* to upgrade? Probably not, but the (near?) edge-to-edge display is definitely worth it
    For me, there's never a "need" to upgrade. I just do it because I like new devices🤷🏾*♀️

I agree. The only reason I see people sticking with them is for device financing, but if you step back and look at the total costs, you could buy a new phone every 18-24 months with the savings from a MVNO vs the big 4 networks. That said, I am currently taking advantage of the year free with Sprint, after which I will for sure be switching my number back to Cricket. My wife may stay with Sprint (but switch to prepaid) because they are the only carrier that has any signal at her work.

I think if Apple offered financing directly it might steer more people away from the big 4. I know Apple offers special financing if you open an Apple card, but I don't know if they do special promotional rates (no interest for X months) after you have the card, or if it is only when you first open it. The fine print says you have to make an eligible purchase within 30 days of opening the card to get the interest free period.
    I stick with Verizon because I travel and have never had any issues, even when traveling to scarcely populated areas. No financing of devices, just exceptional coverage that I don't have to worry about.

As far as the Apple Card goes, that's through Barclaycard & they offer promotional rates based on your credit score just like other card companies. So it has nothing to do with Apple, it's all about your credit.
    06-24-2017 09:14 AM
    As far as the Apple Card goes, that's through Barclaycard & they offer promotional rates based on your credit score just like other card companies. So it has nothing to do with Apple, it's all about your credit.
    Yes I know how the card works, I was just saying if Apple offered 12 or 24 month interest free financing, more people may take them up on that, and then not feel the need for financing the phone through a carrier.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-26-2017 09:06 AM
    Riding my 7 plus till it dies more than likely I'm a habitual upgrader, recently had some positive life changes an my spare money is going elsewhere.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    06-26-2017 10:15 AM
    I'm getting it. I'm sure it'll have Pro Motion (would be extremely stupid if it didn't) and after seeing Pro Motion on my iPad Pro 10.5, everything else seems laggy.
    06-26-2017 10:40 AM
    It's expensive and my 7+ is doing great. I know iOS11 will give it a great refresh. I love my 7+ and will hold off . I have other things my money is needed for. If i was having serious issues with my phone I would but for once in my tech life my phone has been great. No need at the moment.
    popkurn611 likes this.
    07-09-2017 03:38 PM
    I'm not a fan of the vertical camera position.
    I just upgraded to the 7 Plus today, but I won't mind upgrading to the next iPhone.
    But first, I need to save up hahaha!
    07-28-2017 12:42 AM
    I'm not a fan of the vertical camera position.
    I just upgraded to the 7 Plus today, but I won't mind upgrading to the next iPhone.
    But first, I need to save up hahaha!
    A little late to the party huh? LOL.
    07-28-2017 12:54 AM
    A little late to the party huh? LOL.
    Very late my friend!

Less than 2 months away from the next announcement. More of an impulse buy to be honest but I'm sure I won't regret it!!

Which one are you rocking as your daily?
    07-28-2017 01:09 AM
    Very late my friend!

Less than 2 months away from the next announcement. More of an impulse buy to be honest but I'm sure I won't regret it!!

Which one are you rocking as your daily?
    7 Plus.
    07-28-2017 01:55 AM
    I was just saying if Apple offered 12 or 24 month interest free financing, more people may take them up on that, and then not feel the need for financing the phone through a carrier.
    They do. It’s called iPhone Upgrade Program: https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/ip...pgrade-program

I’ve used it to purchase my last two iPhones. No interest whatsoever, it’s a 24-month plan but you have the option to upgrade after 12 months, and it includes AppleCare+. They technically finance through Citizens but you don’t actually have to go to Citizens for anything (unless maybe if there’s a problem with the loan; I haven’t experienced one though). Any retailer is going to use an underlying bank in their financing but Apple makes the experience completely seamless.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-28-2017 07:28 AM
    They do. It’s called iPhone Upgrade Program: https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/ip...pgrade-program

I’ve used it to purchase my last two iPhones. No interest whatsoever, it’s a 24-month plan but you have the option to upgrade after 12 months, and it includes AppleCare+. They technically finance through Citizens but you don’t actually have to go to Citizens for anything (unless maybe if there’s a problem with the loan; I haven’t experienced one though). Any retailer is going to use an underlying bank in their financing but Apple makes the experience completely seamless.
    I guess that is financing if you keep paying for 24 months (though you are paying way more than the cost of the phone normally, so the no interest claim isn't really valid, $777 vs $649 for a 32GB 7 for example). If you upgrade after 12 months it is basically a very expensive lease, where you pay over half the value of the phone and have nothing to show at the end. Also you have to use one of those carriers, so you are basically locked into a contract with and expensive phone plan. I am using Sprint now because it is basically free for the next year, but I won't use them beyond that, I will switch back to an MVNO.

What I was referring to is zero interest financing for 12 or 24 months, even if it is through the Apple Card that is fine. But at the end of that period you would only pay the listed price and would own the phone and could sell it if you wanted. Since my first post I did receive an offer from Barclays for another interest free purchase period from the Apple store. Unfortunately it ends before the new phones will be out, but maybe they will do the same again after the phones are out.
    07-28-2017 08:15 AM
    I guess that is financing if you keep paying for 24 months (though you are paying way more than the cost of the phone normally, so the no interest claim isn't really valid, $777 vs $649 for a 32GB 7 for example). If you upgrade after 12 months it is basically a very expensive lease, where you pay over half the value of the phone and have nothing to show at the end. Also you have to use one of those carriers, so you are basically locked into a contract with and expensive phone plan. I am using Sprint now because it is basically free for the next year, but I won't use them beyond that, I will switch back to an MVNO.

What I was referring to is zero interest financing for 12 or 24 months, even if it is through the Apple Card that is fine. But at the end of that period you would only pay the listed price and would own the phone and could sell it if you wanted. Since my first post I did receive an offer from Barclays for another interest free purchase period from the Apple store. Unfortunately it ends before the new phones will be out, but maybe they will do the same again after the phones are out.
    It is a zero interest loan for 24 months just as I stated. The price is higher because it has AppleCare+ built into it. If you work the numbers out it balances to the penny. No interest. In fact, if you upgrade after 12 months you’re only paying half the price of the AppleCare+.

The difference is that you’re being forced into AppleCare+. I always purchase it for my iPhones anyway so that doesn’t bother me.

Here’s an example for an iPhone 7 128 GB.

Price of iPhone: $749 USD
    Price of AppleCare+: $129
    Total: $878

$878 / 24 = $36.58, which equals the monthly payment using iUP.
    07-28-2017 08:20 AM
    If a 7S+ launches later this year and is in the same price range as the 7+ then I may upgrade. However, if the $1k price tag holds true for the 8, then I won't be upgrading to the 8.
    07-28-2017 08:28 AM
    It is a zero interest loan for 24 months just as I stated. The price is higher because it has AppleCare+ built into it. If you work the numbers out it balances to the penny. No interest. In fact, if you upgrade after 12 months you’re only paying half the price of the AppleCare+.

The difference is that you’re being forced into AppleCare+. I always purchase it for my iPhones anyway so that doesn’t bother me.

Here’s an example for an iPhone 7 128 GB.

Price of iPhone: $749 USD
    Price of AppleCare+: $129
    Total: $878

$878 / 24 = $36.58, which equals the monthly payment using iUP.
    Your right I didn't account for that. Still doesn't change the the need to be on one of the 4 major carriers. And the 12 month upgrade really is still a lease, which you are paying half of the price, but have nothing to show for it. I guess you are paying for the convenience vs having to sell your used phone.
    07-28-2017 09:05 AM
    If a 7S+ launches later this year and is in the same price range as the 7+ then I may upgrade. However, if the $1k price tag holds true for the 8, then I won't be upgrading to the 8.
    I think I'll pass if it's the 7S.
    If it really is the 8 that's coming out, I will have to start saving up.
    07-28-2017 09:08 AM
    Your right I didn't account for that. Still doesn't change the the need to be on one of the 4 major carriers. And the 12 month upgrade really is still a lease, which you are paying half of the price, but have nothing to show for it. I guess you are paying for the convenience vs having to sell your used phone.
    Same exact comparison to leasing a car. You get nothing to show for what u pay over the 2-3 years of a car lease, but you get a new car every 2-3 years! It is personal preference. I have been toying between which is better for me...Buy through the lease program and get a new iPhone every year or pay the retail in full and sell it whenever I want. You get more bang for your buck buying it outright and selling it because the value of iPhones remain very high even years after. I keep my phones for a year if that. I bought my iPhone 7 plus 128GB in pristine condition used for $660 for AT&T in April. I can still get that if I sell it now, maybe $10-20 less for a quick sale.
    07-28-2017 09:42 AM
    Interesting responses in this thread. I bet 99.9% of you upgrade to the latest and greatest iPhone. Including myself...LMBO!!!!
    ravenseb likes this.
    07-28-2017 09:51 AM
    Same exact comparison to leasing a car. You get nothing to show for what u pay over the 2-3 years of a car lease, but you get a new car every 2-3 years! It is personal preference. I have been toying between which is better for me...Buy through the lease program and get a new iPhone every year or pay the retail in full and sell it whenever I want. You get more bang for your buck buying it outright and selling it because the value of iPhones remain very high even years after. I keep my phones for a year if that. I bought my iPhone 7 plus 128GB in pristine condition used for $660 for AT&T in April. I can still get that if I sell it now, maybe $10-20 less for a quick sale.
    Exactly, and that is what I normally do as well. Leasing is silly to me on a car, and even more so on a phone. Of course I rarely buy new phones myself because I find more value in buying used and selling them when I want something new, but I do buy new for my wife because she keeps hers for much longer.

Financing won't change the way I buy phones, if I want to buy a new one, I don't have an issue paying full price upfront, I was just saying if Apple offered true financing some people might not feel the need to stay with one of the big 4 carriers in order to get their "affordable" iPhone. Of course most people will only see the $32/month fee and never consider the true cost of the phone or the service. If they did, they would know it was a much better value to buy your own phone and use an MVNO.
    07-28-2017 09:54 AM
    And the 12 month upgrade really is still a lease, which you are paying half of the price, but have nothing to show for it. I guess you are paying for the convenience vs having to sell your used phone.
    Very true. There’s always the argument that buying the phone outright and then selling it after a year will work out better for you then upgrading after a year using iUP.

Keep in mind you can also pay off your iUP plan after a year and sell the device as well. Not a terrible option if you don’t want to foot the full price of the phone up front and you’ll be able to sell it with AppleCare+ included.
    07-28-2017 09:56 AM
    Exactly, and that is what I normally do as well. Leasing is silly to me on a car, and even more so on a phone. Of course I rarely buy new phones myself because I find more value in buying used and selling them when I want something new, but I do buy new for my wife because she keeps hers for much longer.

Financing won't change the way I buy phones, if I want to buy a new one, I don't have an issue paying full price upfront, I was just saying if Apple offered true financing some people might not feel the need to stay with one of the big 4 carriers in order to get their "affordable" iPhone. Of course most people will only see the $32/month fee and never consider the true cost of the phone or the service. If they did, they would know it was a much better value to buy your own phone and use an MVNO.
    Yeah, what MVNO do you use? I'm currently stuck with AT&T for another year and a half but I'd like to try out an MVNO once I leave AT&T
    07-28-2017 09:57 AM
    Yeah, what MVNO do you use? I'm currently stuck with AT&T for another year and a half but I'd like to try out an MVNO once I leave AT&T
    I have used Cricket, and my wife used StraighTalk (both on Sprint for a year to take advantage of their free service, $8.64/month for two lines is all we pay). I highly recommend Cricket if you are using AT&T now.
    07-28-2017 12:06 PM
69 123