What do or don’t you use?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The 7 Plus has been out for a while now. What features do you use now that you didn’t think you would? And what features did you think you would use that you don’t?

While not limited to the 7 Plus, I find myself on silent more than I thought would. I also don’t use Depth Effect (Portrait Mode) as often as I thought I would. What about you guys?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My phone stays on silent most of the time. I definitely don’t use Portrait Mode as often as I thought I would. I’m satisfied with just taking regular pics.

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I actually use Depth Effect for all of the pictures that I can. It's kind of cool to get the "arctistic" blur going. My phone is always on silent much to my wife's chagrin. I thought I would use the new and notifications but I really never do.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Had the 6s+ and upgraded to the 7+ because it was the new and best out there. I find I don't use the 7+ upgrades over the 6s+ nearly as much as I thought I would. I would entertain trading my 128 GB 7+ for a comparable 6s+ plus a few bucks. The difference in $ is not worth it to me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t think I’d use the 3D Touch feature a lot, but heck, I use it every chance I get...������

Last edited:

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I spend the majority of my time at work, so I'm also on silent mode most of the time. I've found that I really enjoy the depth effect and use t quite often. I've turned off 3D Touch as I was only using it for the flashlight brightness and it would irritate me when trying to delete apps.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m also in the boat of using 3D Touch a lot. So much so that I’ve found it almost like a slap in the face when an app doesn’t have any 3D Touch controls ha ha. I use it all the time in Safari. I never thought I’d use it as much as I do either. So there’s another one from me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I spend the majority of my time at work, so I'm also on silent mode most of the time. I've found that I really enjoy the depth effect and use t quite often. I've turned off 3D Touch as I was only using it for the flashlight brightness and it would irritate me when trying to delete apps.

I’ve found the secret to deleting or moving apps with 3D Touch enabled to rest your finger over the icon like TouchID, only with a slightly firmer hold, only just though.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I use 3D a lot more than when it was first released.

I utilize depth effect on the camera often than I thought I would when I use the camera. I've never been a chronic picture-taker but I still use depth effect when I can in daylight just because it's there.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I use 3D a lot more than when it was first released.

I utilize depth effect on the camera often than I thought I would when I use the camera. I've never been a chronic picture-taker but I still use depth effect when I can in daylight just because it's there.

I also use 3D Touch a lot more than when I order got the 6s Plus. It took me forever how to delete apps without triggering the 3D Touch🤣

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Things im using that i didnt expect i'd use (coming from Android):
  • 3D touch
  • multitasking (double click home button), on Android i found majority of the time apps needed to reload anyway so i would just reopen them from icons. But with iOS, reloading apps in the background is incredibly well done.
  • News app from Widgets, use it daily to catch up on local news.
  • Widgets, in general. I used few on Android since they didnt add a lot of value for what i needed, but i find the way widgets are handled in iOS is actually well done.
  • Swipe back/fwd in Safari, i was regreting not having the Back button from Android but got over that very quickly.
  • Apple Pay...Amazing.

I dont use that i thought i would:
  • double tap to bring screen down, reachability feature
  • iCloud

What i miss from Android:
  • Ability to place icons where i want on home screen
  • Swipe down on browser for refresh...i can probably download the Chrome app but i find Safari runs much better, plus u have my google account linked so it does save my history.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Im using pretty much all the features. I love the portrait mode, just love taking photos and vids in general. i also love the “force” its pretty awesome!! especially the app switcher...i guess the feature i use less is the live photo..but since ios 11 added some cool new features for it(gif maker, long exposure), i might start using it more!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh