If you hold your iPhone 7 Plus at one corner (example top left) and diagonaly (bottom right) and do a slight twist- does anyone hear a cracking sound?

Im not sure if its because of the size and use.
    Truman82 likes this.
    06-04-2017 06:01 PM
    If it sounds like a knocking sounds, it could be coming fromthe Haptic Engine. I heard that before (not on mine) and it came from its location.
    06-04-2017 06:02 PM
    If it sounds like a knocking sounds, it could be coming fromthe Haptic Engine. I heard that before (not on mine) and it came from its location.
    It's not a knocking sound and not related to the haptic engine.

I feel like maybe something with the bezel is loose? I'm not sure if it's from the large size of the screen and it's a normal thing or if it's just mine. (May need to apply some pressure when trying it)
    06-04-2017 06:16 PM
    No noise from mine.
    06-04-2017 06:34 PM
    Not even a little. Until I saw this post I would have never grabbed my phone like that either. Anyway, no sounds of any kind coming from my 7 Plus no matter how I grab it.
    06-04-2017 07:07 PM
    Why would you hold your phone like that and twist it in the first place?
    06-04-2017 07:12 PM
    I'm kind of baffled as to why OP would do that? I think the only thing close to that happening by accident or without intention would maybe be removing the phone from a snug case. I've never heard any out of the ordinary sounds when handling my phone.
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    06-04-2017 09:34 PM
    My wife's 7 plus at launch did it. It was real bad. I created a thread way back then and many people had it too. We had hers swapped at apple. We first figured it out because the screen would make a popping sound if you did 3D touch towards the top right area of the screen. When I had the red iPhone 7 plus, mine did the same. So I returned it.

The OP is not making this up. Many 7 pluses had this problem. Especially at launch.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-05-2017 12:06 AM
    Mine was doing this. I noticed when prying my phone out of my UAG case. I tightened the screws on the bottom of the phone (which were pretty easy to get almost a full turn out of) and don't notice the sound anymore. Granted, I'm not twisting the phone trying to replicate the sound... but, I no longer hear it under my normal usage.
    06-05-2017 12:26 AM
    I've had it from the launch till this day. It is annoying but not sure can I get change cuz I've dropped the phone few times. They could blame that for the sound..
    06-05-2017 01:09 AM
    Nope, I don't get a cracking sound, not that I hold or do this to my iPhone on a regular basis. If your uncomfortable with the sound I suggest taking it to your nearest Apple Store for a check up.
    06-05-2017 05:58 AM
    Nope, no popping / crackling / cracking sound here.
    06-05-2017 06:15 AM
    Nothing on mine. This is also the first I've heard of it. If you have AppleCare and it bothers you, you could always exchange your phone.
    06-05-2017 08:05 AM
    Is this just the sound the iPhone 7/7 Plus makes when you're using the 3D Touch feature? I think I've noticed that on my iPhone 7... Unless it's just my imagination.
    06-05-2017 10:32 AM
    I'm kind of baffled as to why OP would do that? I think the only thing close to that happening by accident or without intention would maybe be removing the phone from a snug case. I've never heard any out of the ordinary sounds when handling my phone.
    That's basically what I was thinking.
    06-05-2017 02:08 PM
    Someone was grabbing my phone from my hand and I got paranoid and inspected my phone and I think from him gripping my phone so tightly it happened
    06-05-2017 06:40 PM
    Is this just the sound the iPhone 7/7 Plus makes when you're using the 3D Touch feature? I think I've noticed that on my iPhone 7... Unless it's just my imagination.
    No not that haptic feedback it sounds like a legit cracking noise
    06-05-2017 06:44 PM
    I would describe it as more of a "pop" or "creaky" noise. Try lightly tightening the screws in the bottom. don't torque them or strip them, but just see if they turn easily. Mine did.
    06-06-2017 02:31 AM
    My wife's 7 plus at launch did it. It was real bad. I created a thread way back then and many people had it too. We had hers swapped at apple. We first figured it out because the screen would make a popping sound if you did 3D touch towards the top right area of the screen. When I had the red iPhone 7 plus, mine did the same. So I returned it.

The OP is not making this up. Many 7 pluses had this problem. Especially at launch.
    Yes, at launch most of the 7+ phones were doing it, there are even articles about it. Apparently it was persistent enough that some stores refused to replace the phones, as the replacements had the same issue.

I checked months ago, and mine did it, but I never thought it was worth worrying about.
    06-06-2017 07:48 AM
    Haven't really bothered but is is kinda annoying that phone of this price creaks n pops like cheap android phone.
    06-06-2017 09:04 AM
    Yes, at launch most of the 7+ phones were doing it, there are even articles about it. Apparently it was persistent enough that some stores refused to replace the phones, as the replacements had the same issue.

I checked months ago, and mine did it, but I never thought it was worth worrying about.
    Yeah it was a pretty big wide spread issue. Even talked a ton here on imore at launch. I think most have amnesia and don’t remember. lol
    mogelijk likes this.
    06-06-2017 11:33 AM