Is the iPhone 7 Plus antenna worse?

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Ok now wait how do you install the update I never get the carrier ones that I know of

Click on settings, click general, click about. If there is an update you'll get an onscreen prompt. You can also scroll down to see which carrier update you have. I'm just figuring this all out myself. I've only had an iPhone for two weeks.

Of course updates can sometimes make things worse. Seems like you have nothing to lose though.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure, I have the Qualcomm modem. Also please note that I made a typo, dial Dial *3001#12345#*

I just get a menu where everything is blank and says something like come back later. I think I read somewhere that it doesn't work for the Intel modem. I was hoping to compare the signal results to my last Android phone while still in my return window.

Can someone confirm that dialer code works with the Intel modem?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When I am at my friends I can't use my phone. Reception is horrible but when on Samsung it wasn't an issue. Her daughter has same issue. When on 3G it is ok. But not LTE. Go figure.
I am going to try reporting her address to Verizon

Rodzp

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I can say for sure the signal is not as good as the 6 Plus on Verizon. It is not horrible, but i have experienced drop calls in random areas that I had not had issues in the past. It happens the same way every time; the person cannot hear me or I cannot hear them right before the call drops. I did have more issues will my old SIM, but is does still happen even now. There are couple areas that I always dropped calls with the 6 plus and I still drop them with the 7 plus. I just got rid of a Pixel that never dropped calls in those same areas. I can live with what I have now though

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is a very legitimate question. Coming from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus, I noticed some slight differences in signal strength in some of my frequently visited places. Not enough to put a damper on anything, but the difference is there. I don't use dots or bars. I keep my phone is field test mode for accurate signal strength.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
How do you put it in field test mode?

Field Test Mode
*3001#12345#*
(Always show Decibels instead of Dots)

If you want your iPhone to always display numerical signal strength instead of signal bars, you can perform the following process. Once in Field-test mode (accessed by entering and dialing the code above), hold down the power button until you see “Slide to Power Off”, then release it. Then hold the Home button until you’re returned to your main app screen. You’ll now see your numerical signal strength while you use your phone, and you’ll be able to tap the signal numbers to switch to signal bars, and vice versa. To exit this permanent field-test mode, simply reboot the phone or re-load Field Test Mode and exit it via the Home button.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
In short, yes it is. I love making payments on a phone that when on a call, people on the other end constantly complain of the reception.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro