Tonight I was helping my best friend set up her S8. Nice phone but it reminded me of why I switched. Her phone is loaded with bloat ware. A friend of hers made changes to it that I undid for her. I had asked if she was asked for these changes which she said no. Told her she should tell her other friends to leave her phone alone. If anyone remotely changed anything on my phone there would be a conversation. And because of what she did a bunch of ads randomly pop up. I am not a FAN of the infinity screen. It has its moments that's for sure. I let her check out my iPhone. She wishes she could switch.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    05-27-2017 03:16 AM
    Thanks for sharing. That's quite a gutsy move making changes on someone else's phone. Luckily your friend has you!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    05-27-2017 05:47 AM
    Perfectly understandable! Plus the curved edges apparently give images a fisheye look.

And if she's still within her 14 days trial period, she can switch.
    05-27-2017 07:44 AM
    Over 14 day period. And thank you. She was glad I could help her out
    05-27-2017 09:33 AM
    @Jude526 , that was something I definitely noticed when I looked at the S8 last weekend. There was just so many Apps installed on it. It's definitely less than it used to be but when you compare it to iPhone (unlocked) or even a Google Pixel (unlocked) it's so nice to have 'just what you need' with nothing extra ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

My sister is a massive fan on Samsung and just says "put all the Apps you don't use in a folder" haha. Your friend is lucky to have you, but just don't make her feel to bad about not owning an iPhone ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Last edited by Matty; 05-27-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    05-27-2017 10:13 AM
    I would never make my best friend feel bad not having an iPhone. I was always Samsung until the Note 7 issues. She will get used to the new screen. I gave her tips as well as telling her to not let ppl put things on her phone!
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-27-2017 10:19 AM
    @Jude526 , that was something I definitely noticed when I looked at the S8 last weekend. There was just so many Apps installed on it. It's definitely less than it used to be but when you compare it to iPhone (unlocked) or even a Google Pixel (unlocked) it's so nice to have 'just what you need' with nothing extra
    I don't know If you were referring to an non unlocked iPhone coming with bloat apps but they don't. No matter if you purchase a phone from apple unlocked or a Verizon store they will come with the exact same apps.
    Not Quite Right and Matty like this.
    05-27-2017 12:19 PM
    I don't know If you were referring to an non unlocked iPhone coming with bloat apps but they don't. No matter if you purchase a phone from apple unlocked or a Verizon store they will come with the exact same apps.
    No, no, sorry. That was just a typo. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ my mind was in the unlocked mode while thinking of other devices and I guess my fingers just started typing things. I'll try to get more sleep and start typing more accurate sentences haha. Thanks for clearing that up. I probably wouldn't have noticed. Obviously iPhone doesn't even have carrier branding let alone have carrier apps installed.
    05-27-2017 03:22 PM
    Her friend downloaded a 3rd party app launcher. Didn't ask. Just did it. Good grief. Some people have nerve.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    05-27-2017 04:57 PM
    Her friend downloaded a 3rd party app launcher. Didn't ask. Just did it. Good grief. Some people have nerve.
    I think if I left my phone unlocked, the most my friends would do is take a couple photos and maybe posts a silly status on Facebook. Haha ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Maybe just remind her to have a password for her phone. That would stop people from installing stuff. I do agree that if it's not your phone then you shouldn't be on it, let alone installing stuff.
    Annie_i6s and Jude526 like this.
    05-28-2017 01:53 AM