Nova customization is always fun, but I spent more time doing that than actually using the phone.
    Lol I did the same too. Spent hours and hours tinkering with a launcher only to be unhappy with my creation and going right back to the stock launcher. I think the longest I went using a customized launcher was probably one week. Or there would be a hardware or software feature I bought my phone for that wouldn't work very well with launchers. I actually like the Asus and Blackberry launcher more than Nova.

With my iPhone I find I'm actually using the features and apps more instead constantly customizing my phone.

Also, I have iOS hardware and iOS's best security features and use Google's ecosystem and apps from within iOS.
    That was probably the deciding factor bringing me over to iOS and Apple. Best of both worlds. I'm even finding Gmail works better on my iPhone.
    toneofark and aximtreo like this.
    06-02-2017 10:16 AM
    Well I'm back on iPhone as well. I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 for 5 months but realized I did not use half of what the phone can do plus never costumized my homescreen. Also battery always went down so fast even in standby mode. Before the S7 i had a iPhone 6S and battery was good on that one. So since yesterday I am back on iPhone 7 32 GB model (got 1Tb of Onedrive Storage haha)

I'm glad to be back on iOS which is more stable and more premium lag free apps.
    I have the 1TB Onedrive as well. I used to think 128GB on a device was the minimum I could use, but with embracing the cloud I could get by with 32GB. The biggest thing is remembering to offload the pictures after they are synced to OneDrive. Just wish browsing OneDrive pictures was better, like it is on the native Windows 10 Mobile Photos app. They all appear there whether on the device or the cloud, and you can easily jump to a certain date.

I don't like the way Apple handles pictures, deleting them from your device deletes them from the cloud as well (or am I wrong about that). It just doesn't seem like a good method of handling things, but I guess it does get you to buy more expensive devices with more storage (and pay for more icloud storage).
    libra89 likes this.
    06-02-2017 11:08 AM
    I have the 1TB Onedrive as well. I used to think 128GB on a device was the minimum I could use, but with embracing the cloud I could get by with 32GB. The biggest thing is remembering to offload the pictures after they are synced to OneDrive. Just wish browsing OneDrive pictures was better, like it is on the native Windows 10 Mobile Photos app. They all appear there whether on the device or the cloud, and you can easily jump to a certain date.

I don't like the way Apple handles pictures, deleting them from your device deletes them from the cloud as well (or am I wrong about that). It just doesn't seem like a good method of handling things, but I guess it does get you to buy more expensive devices with more storage (and pay for more icloud storage).

I also use Google photos that way when i delete off my phone and cloud i still have the pictures somewhere.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-02-2017 12:00 PM
    I also use Google photos that way when i delete off my phone and cloud i still have the pictures somewhere.
    This for me as well. I used onedrive but don't really need it anymore (just for couple of documents but that's it), google photos is great for backup.
    06-02-2017 01:33 PM
    Yeah I use OneDrive for lots of stuff, having photo backup is a bonus there, and my music, which I can access through Groove. My pictures and music alone are over 100GB, making the 1TB Onedrive package very cost effective.
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    06-02-2017 01:44 PM
    I was an original iPhone user up through the 3gs. Then I moved to Blackberry for a while. Started playing around with Android and eventually went to it full-time. Got tired of it and tried Windows mobile which I actually love but began having software issues. Decided to try iPhone again, looked at the SE and fell in love so here I am.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    06-02-2017 03:39 PM
    The ability to walk into an Apple Store and get support was one of the factors for me coming over to iPhone. I never had major customer service support problems, the only one I ever contacted for replacement was Motorola for my 360 at the time and it was ok. Sorry to hear you had a horrible experience and it's unfortunate to think if that had went well you could have likely stayed with Samsung.
    Yeah, that is a massive plus with Apple products, Genius bars are a great idea. As for your last point, I very much doubt I would ever move away from Apple products entirely. While the Android experience, even with Samsungs additions was great and there is no denying the S8 is a gorgeous device, I will always prefer the Apple ecosystem, and I have invested hugely into it.
    chezm and aximtreo like this.
    06-02-2017 05:03 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only chronic phone swapper.
    Tarah Sorber, aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    06-02-2017 08:12 PM
    Phlamethrower, you are def not alone. My wife has been chuckling at me today because I came back to my iPhone 7 plus and I'm loving it, but she knows when the Note 8, the next Pixel or the LG V30 comes out, my head will turn.
    phlamethrowre and aximtreo like this.
    06-02-2017 10:13 PM
    I have the 7+ and S8+ and Pixel XL and love all 3! I switch between then all the time. Just swap out the sim and go!
    phlamethrowre and aximtreo like this.
    06-03-2017 12:33 AM
    I don't know how you swappers do it...I know WHY you do but just reading how you constantly swap sounds exhausting to me. To each their own
    06-03-2017 11:37 AM
    I don't know how you swappers do it...I know WHY you do but just reading how you constantly swap sounds exhausting to me. To each their own
    I only swap every month or so. I don't do it often.
    aximtreo likes this.
    06-03-2017 01:21 PM
    I only swap every month or so. I don't do it often.
    Every month sounds pretty often to me LOL.
    chezm likes this.
    06-04-2017 05:04 PM
    I was a former swapper and finally stopped doing it once I got my iPhone 7 plus. I still have my galaxy s7 edge and it stays in my drawer. I haven't found a need to swap anymore. I can't say I won't ever again, will have to see what intrigues me next, maybe the pixel 2. But at this point to get me off of the apple ecosystem will be very difficult this time around. I was swapping between my pixel and the s7 edge on a daily basis, I wasn't sleeping at night because I didn't know which phone I wanted to keep.

I ended up selling my pixel just because I knew I could make more than the s7 edge. Now I sleep at night, well for the most part! I think about new cases and Apple Watch bands now!
    swarlos, cwbcpa, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    06-04-2017 06:44 PM
    I was a former swapper and finally stopped doing it once I got my iPhone 7 plus. I still have my galaxy s7 edge and it stays in my drawer. I haven't found a need to swap anymore. I can't say I won't ever again, will have to see what intrigues me next, maybe the pixel 2. But at this point to get me off of the apple ecosystem will be very difficult this time around. I was swapping between my pixel and the s7 edge on a daily basis, I wasn't sleeping at night because I didn't know which phone I wanted to keep.

I ended up selling my pixel just because I knew I could make more than the s7 edge. Now I sleep at night, well for the most part! I think about new cases and Apple Watch bands now!
    My experience has been very similar. Looking for the perfect phone I guess. Finally got over it though and much happier.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    06-04-2017 06:51 PM
    It is, and I'm hoping to stop sooner rather than later. I think iOS could make me stop. It is nice to have a device that just works, and you can use it to do what you want. I like tinkering, but I find I do more of that then just using the phone.
    Tarah Sorber and libra89 like this.
    06-05-2017 07:55 AM
    It is, and I'm hoping to stop sooner rather than later. I think iOS could make me stop. It is nice to have a device that just works, and you can use it to do what you want. I like tinkering, but I find I do more of that then just using the phone.

Im hoping to stop as well... Right now i have an S8+, LG G6 and an iPhone 7+. THe phone i always end up back with is the iPhone. My husband says "why dont you just keep the iPhone for a year and be happy". The answer is.. I DONT KNOW HA-HA... I should because i always end up back on the iPhone no matter what. PLUS i have prob almost $2000 in devices laying around between the S8+, G6 and the iPhone thats alot of $$$ wasted if you think about it.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-05-2017 08:06 AM
    Yeah my wife does the same to me, usually just rolls her eyes when I am using a new phone. I have a Pixel, SE, and Lumia 950 now. I was just switching SIM cards from one to the other every couple weeks. I generally have ended back on Windows most times, and I could make it work for me, but that is becoming harder and harder. I will probably always keep the Windows Phone, but I think I will end up on iOS. My wife, and most of my family have it, so it makes sense. The hardware is also great, so it makes it pretty painless. I'm hoping I can stay on iOS for a while (at least until the Surface Phone comes out, after that, all bets are off haha). Notice I said iOS, not this phone. I know I am weak to flashy new devices.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-05-2017 08:12 AM
    Honestly, i used to change phones every 6-12 months and got annoyed. Its not because it wasnt fun playing around with new phones (technology is fun, i mean thats why we're on these forums right?) but got over the excitement, esp nowadays since most phones to me (aside for minor features, hardware differences) are generally the same. Its not like we get yearly updates that change the way we use our phones that its night and day, some will argue that aspect ratios or less bezel changes things drastically...but id disagree, its a change but not enough. Once i realized this more and just came to terms with wanting something that worked, i stuck with a single phone.

To each their own, like i said i know WHY people do it but i'd got too many other things going in life that i lost interest to constantly jump around. My 7+ does the job i want, for some thats Android...choice is great! For those who have the ability (financially, time, wheeling/dealing), kudos...id just much rather spend that someplace else.
    aggie and iwoodland like this.
    06-05-2017 10:16 AM
    Honestly, i used to change phones every 6-12 months and got annoyed. Its not because it wasnt fun playing around with new phones (technology is fun, i mean thats why we're on these forums right?) but got over the excitement, esp nowadays since most phones to me (aside for minor features, hardware differences) are generally the same. Its not like we get yearly updates that change the way we use our phones that its night and day, some will argue that aspect ratios or less bezel changes things drastically...but id disagree, its a change but not enough. Once i realized this more and just came to terms with wanting something that worked, i stuck with a single phone.

To each their own, like i said i know WHY people do it but i'd got too many other things going in life that i lost interest to constantly jump around. My 7+ does the job i want, for some thats Android...choice is great! For those who have the ability (financially, time, wheeling/dealing), kudos...id just much rather spend that someplace else.
    This is worded exactly how I feel. I was constantly switching phones trying to find the perfect phone, which turned into a hunt for an Android phone that gets regular updates. I traded in awesome flagship phones that were abandoned by my carrier and the manufacturer only a few months after release.

Since phone technology has basically plateaued the last few years and Apple hardware is now on par with Android flagships it was easier switching to iPhone. I like how I don't have to worry about ditching my phone in a few months to get security updates or wait a year to get the latest software update. Nice not feeling abandoned.
    chezm and iwoodland like this.
    06-08-2017 07:57 AM
    Yeah same deal. I have overdone it these past few months and I'm just at the point of exhaustion. I can see myself settling with iOS. I just need to figure out the right iPhone.
    06-08-2017 09:23 AM
    Yeah same deal. I have overdone it these past few months and I'm just at the point of exhaustion. I can see myself settling with iOS. I just need to figure out the right iPhone.
    I think I am settling with iOS for now as well, but I'm afraid my device ADD won't stop. I might not switch around to Android or anything, but I know I will probably try a few different iOS device generations and sizes.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-08-2017 09:30 AM
    I think I am settling with iOS for now as well, but I'm afraid my device ADD won't stop. I might not switch around to Android or anything, but I know I will probably try a few different iOS device generations and sizes.
    I understand. I'll probably be doing the same thing in a few months, but I need a break for a bit.

Take it from someone doing that with different iPhones, try them! I have the 7, but now I'm considering trying the 6s. I'll send you a PM.
    06-08-2017 09:42 AM
    This is why I am glad there are multiple companies making phones. Everyone gets their own.
    My second smartphone was an iphone 4 that I got because the droid bionic I originally purchased has such horrid music players. The 4 was a great phone, still works great. A bit beat up but still does what it is supposed to. Stupid verizon and no sim card. I then got the note 2 and haven't looked back.
    I tried a iphone 7 and it took a week before it truly detested it. Absolutely without a doubt will never buy another iphone until they change a few things. (I use and ipad FYI).
    I hate not being able to hide apps, I like my front homescreen to be clean. I have a clock and use dashclock for my notifications. The whole screen is an invisible widget until a notification shows. I do not want to put them in the crap folder you all have and hide it. I have more than a few apps that rarely need opened because they do what I want in the background.
    No back button.
    Itunes. A bloated money steeling mess. I spent a lot of money on music and such, then my email got hacked/spammed a while back and I got rid of it. Now I cannot listen to all my music on anything other than a separate device because I purchased it all when they were DRMd. Just used a torrent to get them back. When I had my i7 I purchased some audio books, not cheap. There is zero way to get the books I paid for on any other device that I own without paying for a stripper program. Again, torrent for something I own. I do like itunes for making playlists, it is IMO the best program for playlists available for cross platform.

I do feel that the ipone does a few things better, smoother yes, great inter connectivity between i devices. Also they tell the carriers to F themselves and don't allow carrier bloat, just their own. But they lag behind in so many simple things. Fast charging, yes, I know you can buy a ipad charger but then you have to spend more money. My S7 charges faster wirelessly than an iphone with an ipad charger. File transfer between devices, playing mp3's when downloaded. I can download just about anything and play it. No File explorer. Yes I know that they just announced it. But will it be able to connect with all my online storage, gdrive, onedrive, dropbox, and download my uploaded files and play them.

I am just glad to hear their customer service is good now. When I had the 4 it was horrid. If you could get hold of them they just told me to go to the forums and ask other forum members. Verizon would not touch it because it was an Apple issue. It was a warranty repair that I finally just had to start being fairly obnoxious on the forums before apple would acknowledge it.
    06-08-2017 02:54 PM
    And the OP is back to Android again lol. Talk about swap city :P.
    libra89 and iwoodland like this.
    06-09-2017 04:10 PM
82 1234