Apple Maps

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
While I can admit Google Maps is likely better than Apple Maps, I can't agree presentation wise it's better...especially Android Auto vs CarPlay. Google maps on AA looks very blocky while Apple Maps on CarPlay looks clean, easier to read which road I'm driving on from the map (and roads I'm passing). Personal opinion.

I don't use Android Auto or Car Play. Just do it straight from the phone over my bluetooth connection.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Android Auto or Car Play. Just do it straight from the phone over my bluetooth connection.

If I used the phone like yourself (instead of the auto versions), I'd use google maps over Apple Maps as well. Google maps is much more pleasing on a smaller screen, looks as clear as Apple Maps.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The local news here in Houston did a test this morning, having three teams of reporters to determine what type of navigation is best. They used Waze, Apple Maps, and the local traffic reporter merely used his traffic knowledge, and ran races to four different locations. The traffic reporter had two wins, Apple maps had two "wins", in quote because one win was a tie with Waze. They admit this was a non-scientific test, that there were other variables that effected the test.

Still, it is interesting that Apple Maps had more wins then Waze. I wish they had a fourth team that used Google Maps.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Since the topic of this thread is apple maps I have a question about it. Every time I get in my car apple maps notification pops up with the estimated time back to my home. How do I shut that off? And how does it know I'm leaving work!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since the topic of this thread is apple maps I have a question about it. Every time I get in my car apple maps notification pops up with the estimated time back to my home. How do I shut that off? And how does it know I'm leaving work!!

Simply turn off the "frequent locations" option.

Settings → Privacy → Location Services → System Services

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2