My iPhone 7 Plus (jet black) is stained! Help?

timocrates

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: Iphone 7 plus jet black stain help?

You can try taking it to apple but I'm not sure they'll replace it. If you have  care maybe try to use part of your warranty and come out like 80-100 bucks

I've heard different results from takebacks at . They tell me they will refund my cash if I return the device within 14 days. After that, if they agree it's unfixable, and if it's no longer in warranty, they will allow a discount in a trade for the exact same phone (and that a refurbish). I think I paid $328 for a replacement 6 Plus out of warranty.

So how does my son waltz into an Apple Store on the east coast with a malfunctioning 6 Plus long out of warranty and walk out again with a refurbish after paying nothing?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I've heard different results from takebacks at . They tell me they will refund my cash if I return the device within 14 days. After that, if they agree it's unfixable, and if it's no longer in warranty, they will allow a discount in a trade for the exact same phone (and that a refurbish). I think I paid $328 for a replacement 6 Plus out of warranty.

So how does my son waltz into an Apple Store on the east coast with a malfunctioning 6 Plus long out of warranty and walk out again with a refurbish after paying nothing?

Literally that is due to the 6 bend gate issue and battery issue that warrant them a free phone, most  stores just replace the 6/6+ with or without warranty I saw a guy at my  store with a broken camera on his 6 and they just replaced the whole thing LOL (I said most). Every  store is different, I told op he probably wouldn't get a replacement due to it being normal wear and tear from his end. If he had  care he could of used accidental damage warranty and get a new 7plus for 80-100 but he didn't have  care.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

With a case being on for a long time and never being taken out

I think you answered your own problem here. You stated that you never took it out of the case. During the time you have not, it's possible that dust has entered through and creating those marks. Also I heard that cases can scratch the finish of the Jet Black.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I agree that an occasional cleaning with isopropyl alcohol will not harm the finish. As pkable said, use a small amount and dont go scrubbing it, you will be fine. Ive used 99% pure isopropanol to clean my phones, screens, glasses, many times and never had any ill effects. We use it where I work for cleaning many things, ordering it by the 55 gallon drum. Ive personally never seen any harm come from using it. Most isopropyl alcohol you get from any store is 70-91% pure.

Aside from that, I would leave it. If you can only see it while shining a light directly on it, I wouldnt worry about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73