My iPhone 7 Plus (jet black) is stained! Help?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Iphone 7 plus jet black stain help?

It's amazing how lighting makes such a difference! It does look like it's pitted... hopefully it's not. Have you tried any of the suggestions offered in this thread?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Op, if you think it's abnormal and others agree, just take it to Apple. They'll replace it without question.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Iphone 7 plus jet black stain help?

Op, if you think it's abnormal and others agree, just take it to Apple. They'll replace it without question.

Actually they won't, if he had a case on = normal wear and tear. He just needs to clean it with alcohol and keep it in his case...hate to say that. Op did you clean it with alcohol?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Actually they won't, if he had a case on = normal wear and tear. He just needs to clean it with alcohol and keep it in his case...hate to say that. Op did you clean it with alcohol?

No they won't. Not for that.

Four weeks ago I went with a friend who was having "issues" with his iPhone 7. The phone has a broken camera lens (literally a hole on the camera) scuffs anywhere but the screen and still got the phone replaced under warranty. It was only his second attempt. They will absolutely replace it. Just matters who the person at the Genius Bar is.

OP, all I'm saying is take it to them with another "issue". Good luck.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Four weeks ago I went with a friend who was having "issues" with his iPhone 7. The phone has a broken camera lens (literally a hole on the camera) scuffs anywhere but the screen and still got the phone replaced under warranty. It was only his second attempt. They will absolutely replace it. Just matters who the person at the Genius Bar is.

OP, all I'm saying is take it to them with another "issue". Good luck.

Yes that is taking it to them with another issue as your recommending which unless there actually is another issue, it's unethical. But typically for damage you cause yourself, they will not replace unless you have AC+.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yes that is taking it to them with another issue as your recommending which unless there actually is another issue, it's unethical. But typically for damage you cause yourself, they will not replace unless you have AC+.
It's not unethical if they actually replace it.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Apple is not going to replace that. It looks like normal wear for the Jet Black. Those micro abrasions are what the phone looks like after extended periods of time.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks guys. Unfortunately no care

Should still have Apple Warranty though, but on the other hand Apple has been warning before release that they scuff easily. Bummer on the jet black abrasions. Kind of why I went with the matte black.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You said take it to them with another issue. Not for the real reason. Kind of like saying hey make up something. That's rhe way I took your reply.

If someone takes it to them with another issue and the guy at the bar clearly sees the camera hole because of the broken lens and other scuffs, he can easily say they won't replace it under warranty for the reason you're bringing it. Which happened once but not the second time. I'm pretty much saying that they're very good about replacing devices no matter what.

Just don't take it to them and say, "Yeah, I have some wear and tear on the back of my device and would like it replaced." So if the wear and tear on the phone shows under a light and bothers the OP that much, I say what's the harm in trying to get it replaced?