Please, Apple, no curved display.

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Many iPhone users/fans hated the idea of Apple releasing a larger display iPhone. Apple fans voiced their dismay over rumors of the larger iPhone. Then miraculously the iPhone plus gets released and suddenly it's Apples best selling device, and the hate turned to joy. The same will happen when Apple releases a curved display iPhone.

I always wanted the iPhone to have a larger display. That's why I never got one until they did. I don't want a curved display--unless they can somehow implement it better. Occasionally, Apple surprises us.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I always wanted the iPhone to have a larger display. That's why I never got one until they did. I don't want a curved display--unless they can somehow implement it better. Occasionally, Apple surprises us.

Very true. I will say Apple has the gift of taking what others have done and bringing it to new heights.

I believe if they do the curved screen thing, it will be done with the level of quality we come to know them for.

There is pressure on Apple to present something BIG to meet expectations. Primarily, because the next device will represent a milestone for the iPhone.

Will Apple be able to WOW us with the next iPhone iteration. We shall see.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Many iPhone users/fans hated the idea of Apple releasing a larger display iPhone. Apple fans voiced their dismay over rumors of the larger iPhone. Then miraculously the iPhone plus gets released and suddenly it's Apples best selling device, and the hate turned to joy. The same will happen when Apple releases a curved display iPhone.

I can't agree with you more. Everyone will still buy the new iPhone if it has a curved screen. It will be the latest and greatest iPhone and apple fanboys will have to have it just because it's the newest technology of the iPhone.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I can't agree with you more. Everyone will still buy the new iPhone if it has a curved screen. It will be the latest and greatest iPhone and apple fanboys will have to have it just because it's the newest technology of the iPhone.

Of course I will buy it - but I would still have preferred it with a flat screen :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It will be the latest and greatest iPhone and apple fanboys will have to have it just because it's the newest technology of the iPhone.

Apple fanboys and million upon millions of others. There's a reason it's the top selling phone in the world.

I'm not crazy about a curved display BUT an edge to edge with a smaller bezel would be awesome.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Of course I will buy it - but I would still have preferred it with a flat screen :)

I think it'll be difficult for me to give up the flat screen, I just prefer it too much over the current curved displays on the market. Even when comparing the S8 to the G6, I much prefer the G6 for that exact reason. But as someone else said, apple does a very good job of taking others have done and improving on it so it's possible their iteration of curved display will implemented "better"? All the leaks of the iPhone 8 don't show a curved display, so I'm betting Apple isn't sold on it yet either but we will wait and see.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I been using both a 7 Plus and Galaxy S8 Plus. To be honest I thought the curved screen might present an issue but to date I'm really liking the S8 Plus. Love my 7 Plus as well. If Apple were to present a curved screen I would not hesitate to get one.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it'll be difficult for me to give up the flat screen, I just prefer it too much over the current curved displays on the market. Even when comparing the S8 to the G6, I much prefer the G6 for that exact reason. But as someone else said, apple does a very good job of taking others have done and improving on it so it's possible their iteration of curved display will implemented "better"? All the leaks of the iPhone 8 don't show a curved display, so I'm betting Apple isn't sold on it yet either but we will wait and see.

I agree, but think we are in the minority in regards to preferring the flat screen. I don't even like the partially curved edges on the 6 and up. For me it is mostly about using screen protectors, which I do on all devices, whether people think I need to or not. The curved screens make it harder to find a good glass protector, not impossible, but harder.

I feel like an old man complaining about the kids and their "new fangled" curved screens haha

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I agree, but think we are in the minority in regards to preferring the flat screen. I don't even like the partially curved edges on the 6 and up. For me it is mostly about using screen protectors, which I do on all devices, whether people think I need to or not. The curved screens make it harder to find a good glass protector, not impossible, but harder.

I feel like an old man complaining about the kids and their "new fangled" curved screens haha

I'm not sure if we are the minority, I would be more certain it's 50/50 these days. With that said, I honestly don't see any added value of the curved display, has nothing to do with the issues you have mentioned. I still don't want it, no matter how old I sound! Now...where's my walker so I can go to the corner and wave my cane at some dangit kids!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
One thing I have noticed that people don't like about curved displays is the reflection and glare on the sides of the devices. To me, I didn't really notice it that much but to some it matters. I think Apple will go the same route as LG and provide a flat edge to edge display, rather than a curved one.

Even if it is curved, as you said, people will still buy it because everything else about the device they love. Camera, performance, massive storage and now wireless charging. 😃 Just like Apple's Macbook with 1 port, it got a lot of heat but people still bought it.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would have no need for a curved display like S8 or Edge or the older Nexus. I actually like the completely flat edge-to-edge displays like that on my old 5s. I prefer that since tempered glass protectors covered up to where the case would start protection.

With a glass protector on my 7+ I still get the 1/4" unprotected, dirt/dust collecting area. I still wonder why Apple decided to bevel the outer area of the display.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would have no need for a curved display like S8 or Edge or the older Nexus. I actually like the completely flat edge-to-edge displays like that on my old 5s. I prefer that since tempered glass protectors covered up to where the case would start protection.

With a glass protector on my 7+ I still get the 1/4" unprotected, dirt/dust collecting area. I still wonder why Apple decided to bevel the outer area of the display.

I prefer a flat E2E display too... a lot of my friends that owns a curved display are finding it very difficult to find a screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2