5 months now

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Although I've had an iPad for a couple of years now, I just got my first iPhone (SE) a couple of weeks ago. AT&T has them for $199 right now. It blows away every Android I've ever had! Fast and smooth... None of the annoying lag. I love how it, the iPad, and my Mac all work together as well!

FWIW, I've had several Windows Phones in the past. They came pretty close to iOS in smoothness and stability, but the lack of quality apps got frustrating.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
FWIW, I've had several Windows Phones in the past. They came pretty close to iOS in smoothness and stability, but the lack of quality apps got frustrating.

Agree, WP had a lot of potential. That OS was very smooth and I loved the keyboard as well. Too bad MS blew it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Agree, WP had a lot of potential. That OS was very smooth and I loved the keyboard as well. Too bad MS blew it.

+1

I loved WP, my samsung focus, lumia 920/1020 phones and 7.0/8.0 were incredible for their time.

As for signal, I get great coverage (usually LTE) strength and I live out in the country. The overall connection experience with my 7+ has been slightly better than my S6, G3/4 and on par with my 6P. All on same carrier in Canada.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm glad you're still having an enjoyable experience.

It just blows my mind that AZ wouldn't have a decent amount of LTE coverage. I live in Montana and can darn near find at least a bar of LTE in a bunker in the mountains these days. I get one to two bars standing in the bottom of a limestone quarry.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you're still having an enjoyable experience.

It just blows my mind that AZ wouldn't have a decent amount of LTE coverage. I live in Montana and can darn near find at least a bar of LTE in a bunker in the mountains these days. I get one to two bars standing in the bottom of a limestone quarry.

Agreed I live in the sticks in Michigan and I have solid LTE everywhere I go. At least 2-3 bars ATT that is.

Kilwillie

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I'm in AZ and AT&T LTE is pretty solid for me here. I've thought in the past about checking out Verizon, but now it sounds like I'm better off where I'm at!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Am trying the LTE again. Only area it's bad is at my friends house. She is going to call Verizon about it. Get daughter has same issue

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I guess a plus to the Apple annual release of phones is that if you are staying with iOS, you pretty much only have one choice for a year (well two or three if you want to try different sizes), so you probably won't be tempted by a shiny new device until the next iPhones come out.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I've had my 7 Plus for three weeks now and I'm still liking iOS better than Android (other than the notification system). No desire to switch back. I thought it was just exaggeration that iOS apps were better but I'm finding that to be true in most cases. Little differences but enough to make the experience better.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I'm wondering if some of these reception issues are do to Apple partially crippling the Qualcomm modem to perform similarly to the Intel modems. Perhaps it wasn't designed to work that way?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have zero problems with my 7+ since getting it in April, love this device zero regrets coming from Android

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner