iPhone 7 Plus - an average users perspective

stsullivan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I also been a long user of androids have used every note by Samsung been on the new 7+ for about three months now I love it I do like the iOS but I really miss a few widgets like on the main screen I wish they would give us a Clock in the weather app or widget . I really do miss my Pen on the note phones. i used it a lot I really wish iPhone would figure a way to use the Apple Pencil on the iPhone the same way. I also like the new S8 screen I really hope the iPhone comes out really great phone at the end of the year and the note 8 doesn't steal me away! I've also really enjoyed reading all the post on here. And I really really love my Apple Nike watch.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I honestly dont do many things on my phone, very average user. LG performed the best in all my experiences, but the OS wasn't very stable over time. Their G4 camera was high quality but boot loop freaks me out. The 6P was ok, for its artery size it underperformed...but it seems pixel fixed that.

I had both the G4 and the 6P as well. I like them both. I didn't have the G4 very long as something else caught my eye. I really liked the 6P but I struggled with phone call reception for some reason. I've never had that happen before. I really liked the build pretty much everything about it though.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I also been a long user of androids have used every note by Samsung been on the new 7+ for about three months now I love it I do like the iOS but I really miss a few widgets like on the main screen I wish they would give us a Clock in the weather app or widget . I really do miss my Pen on the note phones. i used it a lot I really wish iPhone would figure a way to use the Apple Pencil on the iPhone the same way. I also like the new S8 screen I really hope the iPhone comes out really great phone at the end of the year and the note 8 doesn't steal me away! I've also really enjoyed reading all the post on here. And I really really love my Apple Nike watch.

I could have typed this post myself. Like word for word. If I had not bought the Nike+ Apple Watch I think I would get pulled away more easily by the Note 8. It will be tough to switch and leave the Watch now. It's been 2 weeks and I'm fairly hooked.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I could have typed this post myself. Like word for word. If I had not bought the Nike+ Apple Watch I think I would get pulled away more easily by the Note 8. It will be tough to switch and leave the Watch now. It's been 2 weeks and I'm fairly hooked.

After being on iOS for a year and a half straight I'm REALLY debating on ditching it for Android again. There are still some things that I miss and just can't get over. I do love iOS, so I'm torn. But I use exactly zero Apple services so I'm not tied to it and could switch if need be. But if I stay, I'll absolutely get an  watch.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After being on iOS for a year and a half straight I'm REALLY debating on ditching it for Android again. There are still some things that I miss and just can't get over. I do love iOS, so I'm torn. But I use exactly zero Apple services so I'm not tied to it and could switch if need be. But if I stay, I'll absolutely get an  watch.

I hear you. That is always my main reason for going back to android. I don't use Apple services at all. I use Apple Music but I also have google play music. I use all google services. Here is the thing. All of them work great on my iPhone. I don't do anything different really. I still use google calendar, contacts, drive, chrome, etc and have zero issues. I feel like I get the best of both worlds. I am at least waiting for everyone to show their cards this fall before I decide but if Apple doesn't let me down, I don't see a reason to leave.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I hear you. That is always my main reason for going back to android. I don't use Apple services at all. I use Apple Music but I also have google play music. I use all google services. Here is the thing. All of them work great on my iPhone. I don't do anything different really. I still use google calendar, contacts, drive, chrome, etc and have zero issues. I feel like I get the best of both worlds. I am at least waiting for everyone to show their cards this fall before I decide but if Apple doesn't let me down, I don't see a reason to leave.

I completely agree with you there. My issues aren't with that, it's with iOS itself. I still think notifications are far better on Android. They haven't gotten any better on iOS in 18 months since I got this phone. I still despise that I can't put icons at least starting on the bottom. The spring to the top left makes NO SENSE anymore. There are just a couple things that I feel are really clunky with iOS and I don't feel more productive at all. I can make any Android phone work 98% the way I want. I feel like I can make my iPhone work 98% the way Google wants. The only thing(s) I REALLY like are the fluidity, updates, and that there is more consistency in apps.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree with you there. My issues aren't with that, it's with iOS itself. I still think notifications are far better on Android. They haven't gotten any better on iOS in 18 months since I got this phone. I still despise that I can't put icons at least starting on the bottom. The spring to the top left makes NO SENSE anymore. There are just a couple things that I feel are really clunky with iOS and I don't feel more productive at all. I can make any Android phone work 98% the way I want. I feel like I can make my iPhone work 98% the way Google wants. The only thing(s) I REALLY like are the fluidity, updates, and that there is more consistency in apps.

Sounds like we are on the same page. Those are the few things that bug me too about iOS. iOS 11 may be more of a deciding factor for me than the hardware. I have said numerous times in these forums that I can make any phone work for me. The main reasons I choose iPhone right now are family and updates.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like we are on the same page. Those are the few things that bug me too about iOS. iOS 11 may be more of a deciding factor for me than the hardware. I have said numerous times in these forums that I can make any phone work for me. The main reasons I choose iPhone right now are family and updates.

Yeah, those things really drive me nuts. I'm hopeful that 11 fixes some of these issues.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I can understand that. I have had the chance to play with the S8 and S8+ a few times. The screen is amazing. No question about that. In the past, I would have let it draw me back in, only to return to the iPhone in the fall. It just isn't worth the hassle for me anymore. I just can't justify the expense either. Plus I really like my 7 Plus. As good as the S8 feels in the hand, I still think the 7 Plus feels great. I don't look back at my 7 Plus and feel like it's outdated at all like so many reviewers have said.

Enjoy that S8+. At least until the next iPhone comes out. I know I am looking forward to it. I will have stuck with the same phone for an entire year for the first time in many years.

I just came back to iOS last month from being with android for a year. Before that I was on iOS, and before that I was on android. You can see my back and forth throughout the years! I finally decided that although the amoled screens on the android devices are so far superior to the iphones ips LCD, functionality over physical appeal is more important to me at this time in my life.

I always disliked the iPhone because of its mediocre screen quality, notifications, and lack of real widgets. What appealed to me the most is iMessage, FaceTime and battery life. Also, better app integration now that I can finally use my fingerprint on majority of my iOS apps...cant say the same for those same apps on android. I've seen people saying that the s8+ has better battery life than the ip7 plus, and that just makes me chuckle. The honeymoon phase of a samsung device does not last very long. Once it goes 2 months with no security updates and then when it finally gets that long waited update, the battery goes to hell. Battery life on androids just do not even remotely compare to iPhones stellar battery management.

I did really love how notifications were displayed on android phones, but it wasn't hard to get used to them on apple. I actually like not seeing a slew of icons on the top left of my screen! It's refreshing to say the least. I think I'm done giving my opinion and yeah I may get bored of iOS like I always do but I am not going to let a beautiful display win me over again.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I do like customizing and miss that aspect BUT everything else surpasses Android. My screen is crystal clear. I like the bezel dual camera. Siri works great for me whereas Bixby on my friends S8 is wonky. I use Siri a lot for calendar setting appts to sending text messages among other things. Very happy. I made the switch in January. I also dumped HP except for my printer. Hate windows 10. Love my Mac Pro and my iPad Pro. Apple Watch too. I made the complete switch. Not looking back

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW