View Poll Results: Buy now or wait?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buy now and sell later to buy iPhone 8

6 23.08%
  • Wait, why waste the money

20 76.92%
    Looking to go with a bigger screen. Currently with a 6S. I'm thinking maybe going 7+ till the 8 comes out and selling it.

Do it? or Wait?
    04-30-2017 01:58 PM
    Probably not the answer your going to want to hear but that's totally up to you lol. If your the type that needs the latest and greatest then if you get the 7+ your gonna regret it when the 8 comes out. However if you want a bigger screen with an awesome camera and a truly great phone then get the 7+. It's still an absolutely awesome phone.
    LillyISabelle likes this.
    04-30-2017 02:02 PM
    I asked the same question recently:

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-7-plu...m-i-crazy.html

I'm just going to hold out for the next one at this point.
    04-30-2017 02:08 PM
    Come on guys, hit the poll.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    04-30-2017 02:19 PM
    Come on guys, hit the poll.
    Or just read the 3 pages of responses already
    ladyc0524, cwbcpa and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    04-30-2017 02:54 PM
    I saw that before but did not realize he was coming from a 4.7" screen. Thanks, that thread does the trick.
    newrising86 likes this.
    04-30-2017 03:05 PM
    I voted for you to wait only because the new one is 5-6 months away and if it's an amazing upgrade you may regret the 7 plus. However, if money isn't as important to you, you could upgrade now to the 7 plus and just pay the difference to upgrade early when the new phone goes on order.
    LillyISabelle likes this.
    04-30-2017 06:18 PM
    I love my 7Plus. It's my first iPhone coming over from Android. Made the switch in Jan
    emscapt47 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    04-30-2017 06:39 PM
    I just bought a 7+ a week ago very well knowing the of the major changes in new design. Looks like we will get a 7S+ as well. For me, I'm not ready for bezeless phones I'm not a fan of the S8 design although it cool to just look at for sleekness. I'm waiting out the second iteration of this new iPhones design which is likely next year so I got the 7+ now. As someone said if you need the latest tech you may want to wait. But I have zero regrets with my decision.
    Last edited by chezm; 05-01-2017 at 04:57 AM.
    04-30-2017 06:46 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I have an SE (basically a 6s but I love the size) and almost recently got a 7 but decided against it. So I'd recommend waiting for the 7S/7S+.

I think that S Versions are better than the plain old numbers anyway because new features > a new design imo.
    04-30-2017 10:52 PM
    I'm also in your shoes... I have a 6s. I almost jumped when they announced the red, but have decided to wait it out and see what they have to offer this fall!
    05-01-2017 08:24 AM
    Knowing what i know now, i would wait IF your on a GSM carrier. The GSM variant of the 7 and 7 plus have Intel chips and are under performing big time on cellular side of things.
    https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...=#6ea540ac6c79

I ran into this exact problem Saturday while having lunch with my dad. My 7 plus was pixelating and buffering and at times stopping me from watching the draft on Watch ESPN app..
    Opened up the same app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it ran flawlessly.
    Both on T-Mobile network. Speed tests were - iPhone 7+ download 1-2 megs and upload 20 plus. S7 Edge had download of 8-9 megs and upload 20 plus.
    05-01-2017 10:35 AM
    If you absolutely can't wait, go for it. I also wanted to wait to see what the iPhone 8 has in store and currently have an iPhone 6s. However, I had my eye on the iPhone 7 on eBay for months now and just ended up buying a matte black one on Saturday night. To be honest, even though I really did want to wait to see what the 8 has in store, I haven't been all that impressed with all the rumors about it (and I know rumors are just that until there's an official announcement from Apple). I think the 7 will be great for me, though; it's an unlocked 256GB model and I got it for a great price (more economical than buying a brand new 8 when it comes).
    SugarMouth, cwbcpa and chezm like this.
    05-02-2017 08:36 AM
    If you absolutely can't wait, go for it. I also wanted to wait to see what the iPhone 8 has in store and currently have an iPhone 6s. However, I had my eye on the iPhone 7 on eBay for months now and just ended up buying a matte black one on Saturday night. To be honest, even though I really did want to wait to see what the 8 has in store, I haven't been all that impressed with all the rumors about it (and I know rumors are just that until there's an official announcement from Apple). I think the 7 will be great for me, though; it's an unlocked 256GB model and I got it for a great price (more economical than buying a brand new 8 when it comes).
    You made a great choice in my opinion. You got a great phone that will still be great after the iPhone 8 releases and you saved some cash. Enjoy!
    pmconaway and metalchick719 like this.
    05-02-2017 10:02 AM
    While I like to have the latest and greatest, Im also about practicality. The latest and greatest will only be that way for so long, then you will have to upgrade again to have it. To me it just isnt worth going through all the time and money to do so. I just updated to the iPhone 7 a week ago for various reasons and am very happy with it. Sure, I regret not waiting a bit, but I didnt really have a choice. I needed a new phone. Either way, its up to you. The iPhone 7 is a great device, so is the 6S as well. If you want to pull the trigger for a larger device, then do it.
    05-02-2017 11:24 AM
    Get the 7 Plus now, then get the 7s Plus (or 8) in the fall!
    SugarMouth likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:15 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm holding on by a thread but about to pull the trigger.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-02-2017 05:40 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm holding on by a thread but about to pull the trigger.
    I'm still going back and forth too...
    05-02-2017 06:52 PM
    Love my 7+...big phone no doubt but the software experience and performance of the hardware coupled with iOS10 is incredible. I am so pumped for iOS11. This device rocks, android you're fun but iOS has me won over. Never thought I'd say it lol.
    robertk328 likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:53 PM
    See I'm in a similar boat but I have issues I have a 7 and want the bigger screen tried the S8+ and really wish I had a bigger screen so I'm debating upgrading now. But I'm a junkie so no matter what I'll upgrade in the fall as well.

My only word of advice is I have a feeling this upgrade is something people will not want to miss. Now I don't know anything more than anyone else but for those that don't realize this marks the 10th anniversary for the iPhone the original released in 2007. So will it definitely be amazing? Idk maybe maybe not but I'd be willing to bet a company y like apple is going to do something special for it's 10th anniversary. So if you can't get both which is totally understandable I would wait. Or try and trade it with someone with a 6splus. That's just my .02

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    05-02-2017 10:38 PM
    Well my s8plus goes back tomorrow and I ordered a 7plus in product red

robertk328 likes this.
    05-04-2017 11:28 PM
    Looking to go with a bigger screen. Currently with a 6S. I'm thinking maybe going 7+ till the 8 comes out and selling it.

Do it? or Wait?
    I have just 7plus after 6S plus, so now I will wait until my next upgrade.
    05-05-2017 01:36 AM

Why is it going back?
    05-05-2017 04:43 AM
    Why is it going back?
    Well after my daughter was born my wife said I can only have one phone lol. And while there is nothing wrong with the s8 plus using iMessage and FaceTime with my wife and family is just too useful for sending pictures and videos. I can use allo with my wife but trying to get the rest of her family on same page will never happen. So until there is a better way to send videos to people on android or a better iMessage like app comes around I'll be in the iOS ecosystem. Not that I mind I love both platforms.
    chezm likes this.
    05-05-2017 11:05 AM

Love the Product Red color!!
    05-05-2017 02:31 PM
41 12