Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Wait, why waste the money

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Looking to go with a bigger screen. Currently with a 6S. I'm thinking maybe going 7+ till the 8 comes out and selling it.

Do it? or Wait?

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Probably not the answer your going to want to hear but that's totally up to you lol. If your the type that needs the latest and greatest then if you get the 7+ your gonna regret it when the 8 comes out. However if you want a bigger screen with an awesome camera and a truly great phone then get the 7+. It's still an absolutely awesome phone.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I voted for you to wait only because the new one is 5-6 months away and if it's an amazing upgrade you may regret the 7 plus. However, if money isn't as important to you, you could upgrade now to the 7 plus and just pay the difference to upgrade early when the new phone goes on order.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 7+ a week ago very well knowing the of the major changes in new design. Looks like we will get a 7S+ as well. For me, I'm not ready for bezeless phones I'm not a fan of the S8 design although it cool to just look at for sleekness. I'm waiting out the second iteration of this new iPhones design which is likely next year so I got the 7+ now. As someone said if you need the latest tech you may want to wait. But I have zero regrets with my decision.

Last edited:

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have an SE (basically a 6s but I love the size) and almost recently got a 7 but decided against it. So I'd recommend waiting for the 7S/7S+.

I think that S Versions are better than the plain old numbers anyway because new features > a new design imo.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm also in your shoes... I have a 6s. I almost jumped when they announced the red, but have decided to wait it out and see what they have to offer this fall!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Knowing what i know now, i would wait IF your on a GSM carrier. The GSM variant of the 7 and 7 plus have Intel chips and are under performing big time on cellular side of things.
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welco...ualcomm-modem/&refURL=&referrer=#6ea540ac6c79

I ran into this exact problem Saturday while having lunch with my dad. My 7 plus was pixelating and buffering and at times stopping me from watching the draft on Watch ESPN app..
Opened up the same app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it ran flawlessly.
Both on T-Mobile network. Speed tests were - iPhone 7+ download 1-2 megs and upload 20 plus. S7 Edge had download of 8-9 megs and upload 20 plus.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
If you absolutely can't wait, go for it. I also wanted to wait to see what the iPhone 8 has in store and currently have an iPhone 6s. However, I had my eye on the iPhone 7 on eBay for months now and just ended up buying a matte black one on Saturday night. To be honest, even though I really did want to wait to see what the 8 has in store, I haven't been all that impressed with all the rumors about it (and I know rumors are just that until there's an official announcement from Apple). I think the 7 will be great for me, though; it's an unlocked 256GB model and I got it for a great price (more economical than buying a brand new 8 when it comes).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you absolutely can't wait, go for it. I also wanted to wait to see what the iPhone 8 has in store and currently have an iPhone 6s. However, I had my eye on the iPhone 7 on eBay for months now and just ended up buying a matte black one on Saturday night. To be honest, even though I really did want to wait to see what the 8 has in store, I haven't been all that impressed with all the rumors about it (and I know rumors are just that until there's an official announcement from Apple). I think the 7 will be great for me, though; it's an unlocked 256GB model and I got it for a great price (more economical than buying a brand new 8 when it comes).

You made a great choice in my opinion. You got a great phone that will still be great after the iPhone 8 releases and you saved some cash. Enjoy!

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
While I like to have the latest and greatest, Im also about practicality. The latest and greatest will only be that way for so long, then you will have to upgrade again to have it. To me it just isnt worth going through all the time and money to do so. I just updated to the iPhone 7 a week ago for various reasons and am very happy with it. Sure, I regret not waiting a bit, but I didnt really have a choice. I needed a new phone. Either way, its up to you. The iPhone 7 is a great device, so is the 6S as well. If you want to pull the trigger for a larger device, then do it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Love my 7+...big phone no doubt but the software experience and performance of the hardware coupled with iOS10 is incredible. I am so pumped for iOS11. This device rocks, android you're fun but iOS has me won over. Never thought I'd say it lol.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
See I'm in a similar boat but I have issues I have a 7 and want the bigger screen tried the S8+ and really wish I had a bigger screen so I'm debating upgrading now. But I'm a junkie so no matter what I'll upgrade in the fall as well.

My only word of advice is I have a feeling this upgrade is something people will not want to miss. Now I don't know anything more than anyone else but for those that don't realize this marks the 10th anniversary for the iPhone the original released in 2007. So will it definitely be amazing? Idk maybe maybe not but I'd be willing to bet a company y like apple is going to do something special for it's 10th anniversary. So if you can't get both which is totally understandable I would wait. Or try and trade it with someone with a 6splus. That's just my .02

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73