iphone 7 plus att nightmares

elkido122

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
i have the 7 plus on att. when i am in call with someone else who has a normal 7 and is on att, they say i sound muffled. so i turned off phone noise cancellation and it "kinda" helped but not really. went to the apple store they said same thing turn off phone noise cancellation and it will sound better. so i went with that advice and still seem to be getting complaints.. went to att they claimed there towers are fine and that the sim in my phone was fine as well. what do i do about this i know the intel modems were not doing to well on att. help please anyone. thanks

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don't want to assume, but the OP doesn't mention this: Is there a case on the phone and if so, does the issue repeat if the case is removed? I know the Lifeproof cases are horrible with that particular issue.

ou2mame1

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I have an att 7p as well and have experienced the same problems with muffled voice but only sometimes. My friend says I sound muffled and has a Samsung on Verizon. Talking to someone on att with a 7p they say I sound fine. I will try turning noise cancellation off.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have seen people getting swap outs and it not fixing the issue so I'm hesitant to even go in and swap it out

As Lee_Bo posted, do you by any chance have a case on the phone? If so, try taking the case off and seeing if there is a difference. I had this problem back when I was using a Lifeproof case on my 5s.

elkido122

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Tried the case off same thing... how many people think it's software related? considering people have changed out there phones to a new one and it still happens. Maybe a conflict with hardware and the software?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
i have the 7 plus on att. when i am in call with someone else who has a normal 7 and is on att, they say i sound muffled. so i turned off phone noise cancellation and it "kinda" helped but not really. went to the apple store they said same thing turn off phone noise cancellation and it will sound better. so i went with that advice and still seem to be getting complaints.. went to att they claimed there towers are fine and that the sim in my phone was fine as well. what do i do about this i know the intel modems were not doing to well on att. help please anyone. thanks

I'd recommend going back to AT&T. They should be able to troubleshoot both the network and the device and take care of the issue regardless of what it is. I'd start there and let them know you've done everything they've recommended.

ou2mame1

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I had full bars on lte when people told me I sounded muffled. Switching to speakerphone or bluetooth immediately solved the problem. Switching back to the handset operation brought back the muffled condition.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro