Gmail notifications per account

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Just came back to iOS after using Android for some time. I downloaded the Gmail app and have three different Gmail accounts. One account is like to receive sound alerts for but not the other two. I have not been able to figure out how to achieve specific settings per account. I went in the Gmail app itself and the notification settings on iOS.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I know that this is possible for accounts in the stock Mail app, but unless Gmail offers such settings, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

I hope someone with more insight in the app comes with a solution though.
Good luck.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I know that this is possible for accounts in the stock Mail app, but unless Gmail offers such settings, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

I hope someone with more insight in the app comes with a solution though.
Good luck.

Right, I know the stock mail app has those settings and I am pretty shocked it's not on Gmail app. What really are the pros and cons of using the stock mail app vs Gmail?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Pros for the gmail app is push notifications vs every 15 minutes (or more) in the stock app.

Pros for stock app is you will have all your mail in one place.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just came back to iOS after using Android for some time. I downloaded the Gmail app and have three different Gmail accounts. One account is like to receive sound alerts for but not the other two. I have not been able to figure out how to achieve specific settings per account. I went in the Gmail app itself and the notification settings on iOS.

So you switched back to Apple?! Every time I think I want to go back to Android I can't do it. Some things frustrate me with iOS, but it does 98% of what I want and it does it well.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
So you switched back to Apple?! Every time I think I want to go back to Android I can't do it. Some things frustrate me with iOS, but it does 98% of what I want and it does it well.

Hehe, yup back on iOS. To be quite honest the customization is nice in android but when I sit back and really think about it, I need a phone. I make calls, text with everyone in my family who has an iPhone, send videos of my kid to family, check mail and schedule events on a calendar.

I was getting too obsessed with how my phone looked everyday. Should this widget be here, which Nova icons can I find today, how is my screen on time today....Etc.

The iPhone is so seamless, I can now send my family videos through iMessage without having to make them all user WhatsApp. I can now use FaceTime instead of having to rely on my iPad that is somewhere in my house.

The battery management on iOS is not even comparable to android. I never have to look for a "rouge" app. It's just nice to not be so consumed in my phone.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hehe, yup back on iOS. To be quite honest the customization is nice in android but when I sit back and really think about it, I need a phone. I make calls, text with everyone in my family who has an iPhone, send videos of my kid to family, check mail and schedule events on a calendar.

I was getting too obsessed with how my phone looked everyday. Should this widget be here, which Nova icons can I find today, how is my screen on time today....Etc.

The iPhone is so seamless, I can now send my family videos through iMessage without having to make them all user WhatsApp. I can now use FaceTime instead of having to rely on my iPad that is somewhere in my house.

The battery management on iOS is not even comparable to android. I never have to look for a "rouge" app. It's just nice to not be so consumed in my phone.

I completely understand all of that. And agree 110%. Those are many of the reasons I just can't pry myself away from iOS.

What phone did you get? I'm still on a 6s Plus, but I'm really wanting to upgrade as I'm assuming I won't be able to get the 8 right when it comes out and will probably be waiting until next year for it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm so glad that you found your way back to us!!!

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I completely understand all of that. And agree 110%. Those are many of the reasons I just can't pry myself away from iOS.

What phone did you get? I'm still on a 6s Plus, but I'm really wanting to upgrade as I'm assuming I won't be able to get the 8 right when it comes out and will probably be waiting until next year for it.

I got the 7 plus. I don't love the size, it's super big but I couldn't opt for the 7 due to the amazing portrait mode and better battery life on the plus model.

If you can afford to get the 7+ then get it. It's amazing. Hey I didn't wait!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the 7 plus. I don't love the size, it's super big but I couldn't opt for the 7 due to the amazing portrait mode and better battery life on the plus model.

If you can afford to get the 7+ then get it. It's amazing. Hey I didn't wait!

That's what I'm looking at doing. Trying to hunt something down on Swappa but, I'll probably end up just ordering one from Best Buy or Apple. The camera and battery are what get me. I love the smaller size, but don't want to miss out on those.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Same here, if they made a size in between I'd be all for it. I got mine on Swappa, got a good deal and the phone is in mint condition.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Email has separate notifications for each account. I really like it. It also has iMessage integration.

I am trying Email now and like it, but one thing that annoys me is when I have a new email the banner alert comes up for a millisecond! I can't even get to it in time

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Confirmed that the Gmail app on iPhone will only let you assign one notification sound for the app and not for each Gmail account.

If separation is a necessity, then I say create three iCould.com email addresses and forward each Gmail address to it's new iCould address.

just a suggestion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am trying Email now and like it, but one thing that annoys me is when I have a new email the banner alert comes up for a millisecond! I can't even get to it in time

That's odd. All banner notifications should work the same. I don't use banner for mail. Too many and gets annoying. The only email notification I use is the red badge on the stock Mail app for VIP. Do they show in your pull down notification center?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73