Gmail notifications per account

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. All banner notifications should work the same. I don't use banner for mail. Too many and gets annoying. The only email notification I use is the red badge on the stock Mail app for VIP. Do they show in your pull down notification center?

Seems like it settled down and now the banner lingers longer. I don't have my email show in my notification center

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
So you switched back to Apple?! Every time I think I want to go back to Android I can't do it. Some things frustrate me with iOS, but it does 98% of what I want and it does it well.

That's why I went back to iOS after owning the Samsung Galaxy S8+ for a few days. It's frustrating that I can't customize my iPhone like I can on Android, but everything else is better on the iPhone, including the apps, email, and how everything looks better on iOS. I can live without the customization because everything else is more important.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just came back to iOS after using Android for some time. I downloaded the Gmail app and have three different Gmail accounts. One account is like to receive sound alerts for but not the other two. I have not been able to figure out how to achieve specific settings per account. I went in the Gmail app itself and the notification settings on iOS.

Not sure if it's the same thing you're looking for but you can turn off alerts for specific mail accounts within the Gmail application. Once those alerts have been disabled you can manage alerts for the whole app in the system settings for notifications.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. All banner notifications should work the same. I don't use banner for mail. Too many and gets annoying. The only email notification I use is the red badge on the stock Mail app for VIP. Do they show in your pull down notification center?

Question for you with the Email app. When I open the app it defaults to all inboxes and I manually have to change to the account I want to view. Is there a way for that not to happen?

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
The benefit of the stock email app is third party apps use it more often. Example is when I scan with Scanner Pro and want to email the document it uses the stock email app. I have not figured out how to use Gmail app that way. The drawback is you only have retrieve and no push.

Gmail app pushes.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
The benefit of the stock email app is third party apps use it more often. Example is when I scan with Scanner Pro and want to email the document it uses the stock email app. I have not figured out how to use Gmail app that way. The drawback is you only have retrieve and no push.

Gmail app pushes.

I don't understand why Gmail app still pushes email! Why is it that on android it doesn't push?? It's really annoying because I am so stuck in the usability of the Gmail app, I hate the stock mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods