Really want the 7 Plus. Am I crazy?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a 6s and really want the larger size of the 7 Plus. Am I crazy? Next phone is expected in September.

I'd consider a 6s Plus but really want the depth effect as well, which it doesn't have.

Not crazy at all. The 7 Plus is a great device. Honestly, I'm growing more and more skeptical on what Apple is going to do with the next round of devices to really surpass what they did with the 7 devices.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Not crazy at all. The 7 Plus is a great device. Honestly, I'm growing more and more skeptical on what Apple is going to do with the next round of devices to really surpass what they did with the 7 devices.

this is why i picked up the 7+ now so i could wait for next year when this new overhaul design is refined.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one just today. I'll have it soon. Like others said. There is always something new around the corner. Just get what you like.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
this is why i picked up the 7+ now so i could wait for next year when this new overhaul design is refined.

Makes sense. I love my 7 Plus. So I wouldn't be upset if I were to wait another year for an upgrade if I'm not pleased with what I see this year.

I toy with the idea of going Android for a bit but I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Makes sense. I love my 7 Plus. So I wouldn't be upset if I were to wait another year for an upgrade if I'm not pleased with what I see this year.

I toy with the idea of going Android for a bit but I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem.

If Android is something you're considering, just make sure you have enough time to thoroughly test and allow an option to stick with iPhone. My wife is completely engulfed in the Apple Ecosystem, if she wanted to use Android and drop her iPhone i'd be very hesitant to encourage her for the simple fact that iOS works for her (ecosystem and all). Android offers a lot that iOS doesnt (still settling in to this 7+) BUT for me, iOS was the right move as it worked better for what i need.

So if you wanna try Android (if you've never used it before), try to find a cheaper model (Moto or One+) or make sure if you buy a high end that theres a return period available.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If Android is something you're considering, just make sure you have enough time to thoroughly test and allow an option to stick with iPhone. My wife is completely engulfed in the Apple Ecosystem, if she wanted to use Android and drop her iPhone i'd be very hesitant to encourage her for the simple fact that iOS works for her (ecosystem and all). Android offers a lot that iOS doesnt (still settling in to this 7+) BUT for me, iOS was the right move as it worked better for what i need.

So if you wanna try Android (if you've never used it before), try to find a cheaper model (Moto or One+) or make sure if you buy a high end that theres a return period available.

Definitely. I'd be keeping my iPhone. And up until around 3 years ago I was an avid Android user. Haven't used it since the iPhone 6 released. I'm fairly familiar with it. But in these last three years I've purchased almost every product Apple offers lol. So the transition wouldn't be easy. I'm more than likely sticking with my iPhone. But I am planning on playing with the S8 this week at the Verizon store. We will see what happens from there.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Definitely. I'd be keeping my iPhone. And up until around 3 years ago I was an avid Android user. Haven't used it since the iPhone 6 released. I'm fairly familiar with it. But in these last three years I've purchased almost every product Apple offers lol. So the transition wouldn't be easy. I'm more than likely sticking with my iPhone. But I am planning on playing with the S8 this week at the Verizon store. We will see what happens from there.

Best of luck! Just keep in mind even the S7 of last year repeated the same behaviors as previous Sx devices where after a few months they would slow down (i had the S3 and S6). Sometimes cache clearing helps but eventually the device could get bogged down. Im not saying this will happen with the S8 but good to keep in the back of your mind. Android has come a very long way in the last 2 years, more refined solid experience overall. Keep us posted on your experience!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Best of luck! Just keep in mind even the S7 of last year repeated the same behaviors as previous Sx devices where after a few months they would slow down (i had the S3 and S6). Sometimes cache clearing helps but eventually the device could get bogged down. Im not saying this will happen with the S8 but good to keep in the back of your mind. Android has come a very long way in the last 2 years, more refined solid experience overall. Keep us posted on your experience!

I honestly never experienced those issues. I had all the S devices up until the S4. My brother who is on my Verizon account has the S7 Edge and has not mentioned anything about slowness or anything. I could be the exception but I experienced no more or less lag than I experience on my iPhone. The main thing that converted me was iMessage and at the time I had an iPad and so integrating those experiences was key.

I'll definitely share my experience if I try it out.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I honestly never experienced those issues. I had all the S devices up until the S4. My brother who is on my Verizon account has the S7 Edge and has not mentioned anything about slowness or anything. I could be the exception but I experienced no more or less lag than I experience on my iPhone. The main thing that converted me was iMessage and at the time I had an iPad and so integrating those experiences was key.

I'll definitely share my experience if I try it out.

Then you either got lucky or myself and many of my friends/work peers/family have had bad experiences. I am sure how the device is used, the apps, etc play part in the long haul experience. My S3 experienced many lag related problems, the S6 was much better but over time they did creep up and in the 14 months i had it factory reset 3 times. As far as the S7, i heard of it but much less than previous years so its very possible the potential culprits that existed for some in the past were squashed. Looking forward to your input! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2