Hey, All.

Just an update. I am still in absolute love with this powerhouse of a phone and the Apple Ecosystem. It's smooth, fast, reliable, updated, and dependable beyond belief. Battery life if still outstanding.

I have a Galaxy s7 as well, and I've had ZERO desire to even charge it up. Haha

I have to say, the ONLY ONLY THING that I have missed from android, and it only happened a few times in 8 months, was the ability to download a video clip from YouTube (or any other source) and quickly edit it and add some MP3 music to it that I would also download on-the-fly. That's not too easy on the iPhone - unless I'm missing something. But that's the only thing I've missed

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Oh, and just so you know, during all those years on Android, I would swap to a new/different handset every several months once I got bored - that came out to at least 5 or so phones per year. I have no desire to switch anymore - it's so nice not worrying about chasing the rabbit.

Just wanted to update and share

Thanks,

Matt!
    Last edited by KillerQ; 04-23-2017 at 11:25 AM.
    04-21-2017 09:07 PM
    Thanks for the update!

I'm happy, yet not surprised, that you still like your 7 Plus that much

What color is it, out of curiosity?
    04-21-2017 09:23 PM
    I can definitely identify with you. I was a diehard Blackberry user and the messed around with Android and Blackberry at the same time for a little while, but then I saw that Apple iPhone Gold 5s commercial and decided to go for it....the rest is history and I haven't looked back since. ENJOY your Apple iPhone...I am.
    04-22-2017 04:53 AM
    Of course!!  rules the
    Jude526 likes this.
    04-22-2017 10:48 AM
    Loving my 7 plus rose good. Elegant color. Beautiful phone
    04-22-2017 09:45 PM
    @KillerQ Matt ---- Thanks for the update! I switched to my first iPhone only one month ago, and it looks like I'm headed towards the same level of satisfaction that you're experiencing. I have no desire to look back at Undroid.
    KillerQ, Jude526 and jdlnmia like this.
    04-23-2017 12:16 AM
    Thanks for the update!

I'm happy, yet not surprised, that you still like your 7 Plus that much

What color is it, out of curiosity?
    I have a silver and a rose gold one.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-23-2017 11:24 AM
    @KillerQ Matt ---- Thanks for the update! I switched to my first iPhone only one month ago, and it looks like I'm headed towards the same level of satisfaction that you're experiencing. I have no desire to look back at Undroid.
    Awesome. Keep us posted!
    anon(10210323) likes this.
    04-23-2017 11:24 AM
    I did the opposite route. I had the 7 Plus and switched it for the S8+. There are features I miss on the 7 Plus, but Android serves me better. Both are great ecosystems, though, and I'll be purchasing the next iPhone when it comes out in September.
    04-23-2017 07:49 PM
    I did the opposite route. I had the 7 Plus and switched it for the S8+. There are features I miss on the 7 Plus, but Android serves me better. Both are great ecosystems, though, and I'll be purchasing the next iPhone when it comes out in September.
    Thanks for the feedback. If you get a few minutes, please share what you miss about the 7+ as well as what you prefer about the S8+

Thanks!!
    aximtreo and ecr80 like this.
    04-23-2017 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. If you get a few minutes, please share what you miss about the 7+ as well as what you prefer about the S8+

Thanks!!
    Heh. Interesting. I returned my S8+ today at the local Verizon store and picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. The S8+ was a beautiful phone and had great features, but the iPhone 7 Plus was the only phone that made me happy. I love that the apps look better on iOS. I love that iOS gets updated all the time. On Samsung, who knows when the next update will come out. Plus, everyone in my family has iPhones and I love that I can keep in touch with them on FaceTime and iMessage. I'm happy on iOS and I'll stay here for a long time.
    libra89, chezm, KillerQ and 4 others like this.
    04-24-2017 02:53 PM
    Heh. Interesting. I returned my S8+ today at the local Verizon store and picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB. The S8+ was a beautiful phone and had great features, but the iPhone 7 Plus was the only phone that made me happy. I love that the apps look better on iOS. I love that iOS gets updated all the time. On Samsung, who knows when the next update will come out. Plus, everyone in my family has iPhones and I love that I can keep in touch with them on FaceTime and iMessage. I'm happy on iOS and I'll stay here for a long time.
    Glad you figured out what works!!
    Retinella and ecr80 like this.
    04-24-2017 04:08 PM
    Question did you preorder you're phone at a Verizon store or do it online or through the app? I did mine through the app and I'm hoping I can just take it back to a corporate store without having to ship it.
    04-24-2017 06:35 PM
    Question did you preorder you're phone at a Verizon store or do it online or through the app? I did mine through the app and I'm hoping I can just take it back to a corporate store without having to ship it.
    I did not preorder the S8+. I picked it up in store on Friday.
    04-24-2017 06:51 PM
    I only miss the simplicity of music and ease of it on Android. I find Apple to be more difficult and I am technical. Other than that Apple is great.
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 04-28-2017 at 01:20 AM.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    04-27-2017 11:20 PM
    Interesting seeing so many people switching. I've exclusively used Android (not going to lie I was one of those people that used to make fun of Apple a lot -- the exaggerated advertising speak Apple uses to describe their products still turn me off) and I'm thinking about making the move to iOS. Sick of my V20 not getting software updates (close to five months behind in security patches).

If I make the switch I can't decide between the 6s Plus or 7 Plus. Personally I'd prefer the physical button and headphone jack of the 6s Plus (plus $100 cheaper for the 128 GB variant), but it would be nice to have the better camera, processor, official water resistance, speakers, and more ram. Most important things to me are battery life and timely security updates.

Also, I'm not sure I could ever get used to not having a systemwide back button. It's up to app developers to put a back button in their apps, correct?

How are the speakers of the 7 Plus compared to say the V20?
    04-28-2017 01:59 PM
    Almost an identical story here. Android user since day one and I switched to iOS in April 2016 and haven't looked back. And almost all of my Android devices were Google / Nexus phones.
    04-28-2017 02:12 PM
    Interesting seeing so many people switching. I've exclusively used Android (not going to lie I was one of those people that used to make fun of Apple a lot -- the exaggerated advertising speak Apple uses to describe their products still turn me off) and I'm thinking about making the move to iOS. Sick of my V20 not getting software updates (close to five months behind in security patches).

If I make the switch I can't decide between the 6s Plus or 7 Plus. Personally I'd prefer the physical button and headphone jack of the 6s Plus (plus $100 cheaper for the 128 GB variant), but it would be nice to have the better camera, processor, official water resistance, speakers, and more ram. Most important things to me are battery life and timely security updates.

Also, I'm not sure I could ever get used to not having a systemwide back button. It's up to app developers to put a back button in their apps, correct?

How are the speakers of the 7 Plus compared to say the V20?
    I think for the extra $100 it's worth getting the 7+

The camera upgrade alone is worth it and I've never heard such good quality sound comes from the stereo speakers. I had an s7 edge and a pixel and both stereos sucked on those devices. I now appreciate what everyone is talking about when they rant and rave about apple's stereo speakers
    04-28-2017 03:20 PM

I was worried about this coming from 3 years of android but using swipe to go back is more than fine, For me anyway.
    04-28-2017 03:20 PM
    I think what gets people is the beauty of the Android phones coming out. The S8 is the nicest looking phone I have ever seen. People WANT to like it, but end up realizing the software just isn't on par with iOS.
    KillerQ, Dukins and Aubbre4 like this.
    04-28-2017 06:02 PM
    I had an iPhone 3GS years ago, and used Android based phones for about 6 years. Having said that, I have recently (2 months as of this writing) returned to an iPhone. I went with the 7+ for a number of reasons. My daughter had the 6+ and while she really liked it, she switched to the 7+ for the same reasons you listed: better camera, better cpu, and water resistance. She also added better battery for her reasons for switching.

I can say that the battery life of the 7+ is amazing. I took mine off the charger yesterday morning at 6 AM. right now, 34 and 1/2 hours later my battery is at 68%. I have gone as long as 60 hours between charges.

The camera is awesome. I learn more about it with every use. Same with ios itself. It seems like I learn a new feature daily.

The biggest drawback for me coming from android is the lack of customization that ios allows. I would love to be able to change icon size as well as number of icons in a row or column. The other thing that drives me crazy is not having a way to set volume for media, alarms, music notifications etc very easily.

Overall, I really like the 7+. I like the battery life, the camera, the water resistance and the very timely updates. I really like iMessage. The phone is fast...very fast. I don't think you will regret getting one.
    04-28-2017 06:33 PM
    I was worried about this coming from 3 years of android but using swipe to go back is more than fine, For me anyway.
    Does that work systemwide or only in certain apps like the browser?

I can say that the battery life of the 7+ is amazing. I took mine off the charger yesterday morning at 6 AM. right now, 34 and 1/2 hours later my battery is at 68%. I have gone as long as 60 hours between charges.
    That is awesome. Exactly the kind of thing I wanted to hear to convince me to switch. My wife's five year old iPad still gets insane battery life, but I didn't know how well iPhones did (always heard iPhones had terrible battery life until recently). The only phone I've had that got similar battery stats is the LG G2.
    04-29-2017 03:12 PM
    Does that work systemwide or only in certain apps like the browser?
    I don't think it's completely system wide like back in on android, but in my experience it works on 98% of the system (two apps I use don't support it). Also swiping takes 'More work' than back button, so theres that too...but, I'm still happy with the way it works and already used to it in a week.
    04-29-2017 03:16 PM
    I think what gets people is the beauty of the Android phones coming out. The S8 is the nicest looking phone I have ever seen. People WANT to like it, but end up realizing the software just isn't on par with iOS.
    Beauty is subjective, I guess. To me the new Sammy phones are not that attractive, particularly the S8. For my taste the most attractive new device is the Blackberry Keyone, followed by the classic look of the iPhone SE. However, I use an SE so I'm a bit partial lol. But the S8? Just a slab. And with Undroid to boot. Ugh.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-30-2017 08:11 AM
    Beauty is subjective, I guess. To me the new Sammy phones are not that attractive, particularly the S8. For my taste the most attractive new device is the Blackberry Keyone, followed by the classic look of the iPhone SE. However, I use an SE so I'm a bit partial lol. But the S8? Just a slab. And with Undroid to boot. Ugh.
    Agree to an extent not a fan of the off center fingerprint sensor on the back. Just really never been a big fan of the camera placement on all Sammy's
    Last edited by Slammers08; 04-30-2017 at 07:23 PM.
    04-30-2017 08:14 AM
61 123