iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hold off on the booo's here, just want to get some discussion going :)

I've been honestly very impressed with the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Looks like a darn solid phone, and that display, well, it looks great.

My question(s) for you. Would you EVER consider switching to Android and pick up something like an S8? Or are you locked into the Apple ecosystem, LOVE everything Apple, and pick up an iPhone 7 or the next gen iPhone when it becomes available?

Certainly lots to talk about here. As phones get better and better and better.... you almost can't go wrong!!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My opinion is: I don't love Apple or are forever locked in Apple ecosystem. But my hateful for Android and Google way of doing business is bigger. Since there's no third option in technology market... I continue with Apple.

Yes, S8 are astonishingly beautiful. But wit Android... I'll pass, thanks.

dafmay

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Hold off on the booo's here, just want to get some discussion going :)

I've been honestly very impressed with the Galaxy S8 and S8+. Looks like a darn solid phone, and that display, well, it looks great.

My question(s) for you. Would you EVER consider switching to Android and pick up something like an S8? Or are you locked into the Apple ecosystem, LOVE everything Apple, and pick up an iPhone 7 or the next gen iPhone when it becomes available?

Certainly lots to talk about here. As phones get better and better and better.... you almost can't go wrong!!
I have both since yesterday. The S8 came in and I've been toying around with it for 2 days now. I already have lots of experience with several Samsung phones so no learning curve for me. Very natural going back from my iPhone 7 Plus to the S8.

Both devices have pros and cons.

858c00fb10a3447de5d6dd08dd3d8fa9.jpg

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I got to play with the s8 yesterday, some friends got theirs early. I have to say very well put together and beautiful device. However I could not find myself using it as a daily. My thoughts towards using it as a daily would be the same for when I had the s7 edge, "I'd get fed up with Samsung's UI ".

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Been a happy Android and iPHone user. Android for personal line and iPhone for work.
Picked up an iPhone 7 plus and by Monday im going to put my Galaxy S7 Edge down and have 2 iPhones. Going to give my self a week to test full time iPhone usage. BUt im finally happy with the hardware (speakers really) from Apple.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Had Android for three years before switching to a 7 plus. I would still have an android if not for the Note 7 fiasco. I'll stick with apple for a while. While i don't like the lack of customization I really like the 7 plus and how quickly iOS is updated,the apple watch, imessage and facetime.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...Would you EVER consider switching to Android and pick up something like an S8?
I have no plans to switch from using an iPhone any time soon.
Or are you locked into the Apple ecosystem, LOVE everything Apple, and pick up an iPhone 7 or the next gen iPhone when it becomes available?
I use various products and services including Apple, but my device of choice is an Apple iPhone. Will I get the next iPhone? Probably...:)

So very true, and I'm thankful for the choices...

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I use both platforms all the time. The 7 and 7 plus just is not for me. Not enough was offered for me to replace my 6s. I have purchased the s8 as it does so many things right for me. If the next iPhone is to my liking i shall purchase that as well.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm almost 2 months into my 7 Plus coming from BlackBerry and I'm happy in Apple world so I'm staying put for now. Android is not for me even with BlackBerry's take on their DTEK devices. I've tinkered with Android before and it just isn't for me but I'll never say never in the future. It's gonna take a lot more then beauty with bells and whistles to pulled me into Android world. I still wish there was a strong third party coming to the table to shake up things from with this duopoly.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Have an S8+ - it's a stunningly beautiful phone - but keeping my 7+ too. Until I'm certain an Android handset can sustain battery like the iPhone, I'll probably never switch over permanently. I've been burned by many of them. But I like SO much more about the Android operating system than I do iOS. Of course, all the stuff Android does/allows is probably the reason the battery doesn't last like an iPhone! Such a conundrum. :)

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Switch to Android? @#*& no!!! Have an Android as a secondary device or backup phone? Definite possibility... especially if it comes with a small fire extinguisher :D

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Samsung are a good second device or a back up phone, but as my business phone i would never trust them. I need good backups and good customer service, for me no phone means no $$.

But who would buy now after the Note 7 debacle and the pains people had to go through to get refunds, buying direct from Samsung was the worst here in Australia.

People are already looking at returning because of pink/red screens, they are not like Apple here with 14 days no questions asked returns, getting a swap is not easy especially from Telcos.

If you wait a few months for any issues and by then they will have dropped by a third anyway.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
As someone who came from the Android ecosystem, the S8 isn't interesting enough to lure me back. I've been so satisfied with my iOS experience that I think it would take a huge change for me to even be interested.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's new. People are attracted to new. I was tired of updates destroying my phones capabilities. I am very pleased with my switch to Apple. I wouldn't be using S8 if still on Android. My personal choice

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm staying put. I'm to caught up in the famous Apple "ecosystem" now to think about going anywhere else...LOL , but I must admit the new shinny Samsung s8/s8+ did catch my attention, but once again I'm not going anywhere.

ab06deg1

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks that s8/s8+ is too narrow and it looks awkward (at least)? Am I sounding like those elders who don't embrace technology? :)) I love the resolution, it's a stunning screen, but not on that aspect ratio...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox