iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
What's your thoughts on the Commuter versus the Symmetry?

Defender is def my favorite. I like added grip. The symmetry feels small to me now. Still good. Minimal. Commuter has added protection imo with a little bit better grip. Defender is definitely bigger and has the best grip

Lambertoid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I loved android until last year with the note 7 issue I was done! The phones don't last as long extremely laggy over time and honestly iPhones just work for me! I thought about picking up the blackberry key1 however it's android lol so I picked up a MacBook Pro instead and love the way it compliments the iPhone.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I've heard nothing bad about the S8+, and if I didn't have my eyes on the Note 8 I'd get one as they're leaps and bounds ahead of the iPhone.

If you haven't heard any bad I suppose you don't have visited any S8 forums? :) I have been using four different S8+ and a Gear S3 Frontier but sold them last week and love using the iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 again

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't hear any bad I suppose you don't have visited any S8 forums? :) I had used four different S8+ and a Gear S3 Frontier but sold them last week and love using the iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 again
I don't go to Android Central, so admittedly I haven't.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
If you haven't hear any bad I suppose you don't have visited any S8 forums? :) I had used four different S8+ and a Gear S3 Frontier but sold them last week and love using the iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 again

I too also tried the s8 and s3 frontier and much prefer my 7+\series 2 watch

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

The iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 are a great combo. I have that some combo myself. I also have a S8+ and a Gear S3 Frontier and both work perfectly. There are things I prefer on the 7 Plus over the S8+ and vice versa. Both are smooth and run flawlessly. I prefer the Gear S3 over the the AW2 though. It's not that I don't like the AW2. I actually really like it, but I prefer the look of the Gear S3 and the way you interact with it. There has not been one thing that I use that I can't do on either watch. I know the AW has way more apps so I am not saying it's the same. I am just saying that both do everything I need them to do.

I have learned to take posts in forums with a grain of salt. For the most part, people come to forums to complain. iMore does seem to get a little less of that. Most people here are big Apple fans, myself included, so I think there are more positive posts here than even on other Apple focused sites.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 are a great combo. I have that some combo myself. I also have a S8+ and a Gear S3 Frontier and both work perfectly. There are things I prefer on the 7 Plus over the S8+ and vice versa. Both are smooth and run flawlessly. I prefer the Gear S3 over the the AW2 though. It's not that I don't like the AW2. I actually really like it, but I prefer the look of the Gear S3 and the way you interact with it. There has not been one thing that I use that I can't do on either watch. I know the AW has way more apps so I am not saying it's the same. I am just saying that both do everything I need them to do.

I have learned to take posts in forums with a grain of salt. For the most part, people come to forums to complain. iMore does seem to get a little less of that. Most people here are big Apple fans, myself included, so I think there are more positive posts here than even on other Apple focused sites.

I also prefer the look of both the S8 and Gear S3 over the iPhone and Apple Watch 2. But using them don't come close to the look of them. The software is no way near the quality and integration that iOS has.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I also prefer the look of both the S8 and Gear S3 over the iPhone and Apple Watch 2. But using them don't come close to the look of them. The software is no way near the quality and integration that iOS has.

I'm going to agree with you on this. I was always into hardware and the physical attributes of my cell phones. I cycled through about 5 phones from 2016-2017 (all Android). I finally told myself enough is enough and I got an iPhone 7 plus and now I can't leave this software experience. Not to mention the iPhone was always a gorgeous phone. It's just that other phones are focusing more on aesthetics whereas apple always focuses mostly on software. I said mostly! My iphone 7 plus looks good and works amazingly, the s8 may look amazing but it doesn't work as amazingly as the iPhone does. I have had zero urge to go back to android and finally accepted that software experience to me is more important that hardware. My entire family uses iOS it's now so seamless.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are all in on the apple ecosystem then I absolutely agree that integration is obviously better with iOS. I don't use anything apple except for the phone and more recently, the watch. I am all in on Google services and fortunately those work well on both Android and iOS.

I definitely don't agree on the quality of software though. Samsung's software on the S8 runs every bit as good as iOS 10 on my iPhone. Is it different? Absolutely. I think that is where this all comes down to preferences. Obviously, you prefer iOS. I don't know that I really have a preference. I really like both so I can play either side of this discussion. If I were more sucked into the apple universe, I would probably feel differently. Just my thoughts. I respect your opinion 100%.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

This is true! That's why I sent the free s8 back and returned my s3 frontier. I cannot deal with the software.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are all in on the apple ecosystem then I absolutely agree that integration is obviously better with iOS. I don't use anything apple except for the phone and more recently, the watch. I am all in on Google services and fortunately those work well on both Android and iOS.

I definitely don't agree on the quality of software though. Samsung's software on the S8 runs every bit as good as iOS 10 on my iPhone. Is it different? Absolutely. I think that is where this all comes down to preferences. Obviously, you prefer iOS. I don't know that I really have a preference. I really like both so I can play either side of this discussion. If I were more sucked into the apple universe, I would probably feel differently. Just my thoughts. I respect your opinion 100%.
Well said sir

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is true! That's why I sent the free s8 back and returned my s3 frontier. I cannot deal with the software.
At least you know what you like. It makes the phone choice a lot easier. The 7 and 7 Plus are both very good phones. Can't go wrong with them for sure. As much as I'm enjoying the S8, I still love my 7 Plus too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice