iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the Note 8, as I've had every Note already. I'm glad your S8+ is still going strong. @blaine07 keeps telling me that I should get an S8+!
I guess if you have use for Spen a note would be cool. I have a feeling a Note 8 isn't going to be drastic upgrade over S8. I bet in screen FPS and dual camera will be saved for "9" on both devices. 👌😊

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes currently this seems to be totally different ... Now onto the next addiction @Brooke5795 ...... Cases!
Honestly with the galaxy being curved I want something that protects it. I like the otterbox cases and currently have the defender on it. I usually customize themes more instead of cases. With iPhone you couldn't customize the interface so I customized with cases. Now I have a phone that you can customize the interface so I stay with a black case so it matches all my themes 😂

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd like some protection , but unsure if I want the bulk... Will have to look for something good minimal but offers a raised edge for the screen

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I really do love the galaxy far better than my iPhone. My other line is upgrade eligible so I'm doing the note 8 with that one!
I've heard nothing bad about the S8+, and if I didn't have my eyes on the Note 8 I'd get one as they're leaps and bounds ahead of the iPhone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess if you have use for Spen a note would be cool. I have a feeling a Note 8 isn't going to be drastic upgrade over S8. I bet in screen FPS and dual camera will be saved for "9" on both devices.
You're probably right sir, I've just already preferred the Note models. I don't use the S-Pen often, but it is handy to have.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I'd like some protection , but unsure if I want the bulk... Will have to look for something good minimal but offers a raised edge for the screen
Honestly the commuter is a good option. I sold a defender the other day and loved the way it felt. Commuter is a little thinner. And still really protective!

Honestly I've had a few galaxy megas come through my store recently. Now those are huge phones. And I like the way they feel. I prefer large phones and the defender does make the galaxy s8plus feel like the note but if you're not into all that I recommend the commuter.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I've heard nothing bad about the S8+, and if I didn't have my eyes on the Note 8 I'd get one as they're leaps and bounds ahead of the iPhone.
Personally I'm looking forward to the note 8 myself. I am so smitten with the galaxy s8plus i honestly think I'm gonna love the note as well. It'll be my first one!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
If you can check out a best buy I would. I tried a lot of cases on before deciding which I liked the best. I think speck offers some as well that are more slim and offer good protection. I just like the grip and added protection of the otterbox. Plus it just looks super high quality. I did have a best buy rep drop his galaxy in a tech 21 and everything was fine with that one. I just prefer added depth around the camera personally. It all boils down to personal preference.

I have otterbox symmetry and commuter at my house as well. If I don't use them in the next few weeks I might sell them off

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that heads up.... If you're selling then some photos might be good. Unfortunately I'm not in the US, I just make my purchases online and ship them to my skybox in Miami, then onto the Caribbean

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Me
Either. Had a free s8 from Samsung insight program. Needless to say I sent it back to Samsung. To me the software doesn't come close to iOS. I don't care for themes widgets and so on. Hardware wise it was nice but still prefer the 7+. Choices are nice but as for me iOS wins.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Personally I'm looking forward to the note 8 myself. I am so smitten with the galaxy s8plus i honestly think I'm gonna love the note as well. It'll be my first one!
I've never had an issue with any Now, including the Note 7 that's still sitting in my desk.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Me
Either. Had a free s8 from Samsung insight program. Needless to say I sent it back to Samsung. To me the software doesn't come close to iOS. I don't care for themes widgets and so on. Hardware wise it was nice but still prefer the 7+. Choices are nice but as for me iOS wins.
What's the Samsung Insight program?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro