iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
You have any Sapphire installation tips for poor ole me? I'm so scared of flubbing up the second one.
Thanks.
You'd have to come visit California and have my SSR do it. I didn't do mine either. I did watch. While holding my breath lol but she always does a fantastic job. I can do other people's screen protectors but when it comes to my own forget it lol and idk why that is.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Have more faith in myself than any Best Buy employee. :rolleyes:

I get that 100%. The only benefit to having them do it is when they screw up they can grab another one off the shelf. If you screw up, you either have to buy another one or try to exchange it. That experience varies depending on the maker.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Samsung seemed to give out a ton of free s8 and s8+ phones. Including me getting a free s8+ A lot of BOGO deals going on just 5 weeks after release. So to me sales can't be on fire. I would have to think the Note 7 fiasco has had some kind of impact on sales. Not saying a huge impact but enough that there are many deals out there.

In Canada on my carrier the S8/S8+ already dropped $200 on contract price, usually we expect this 4-6 months after release but after a month or so thats really soon. I have only 2 in the wild, one being my sisters and the other a guy sitting in front of me at the theater last week. For the sake of good competition, i hope it does well...its got to at such a good price.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I get that 100%. The only benefit to having them do it is when they screw up they can grab another one off the shelf. If you screw up, you either have to buy another one or try to exchange it. That experience varies depending on the maker.
Exactly!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Best Buy does not sell the Sapphire Defense. :rolleyes:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy does not sell the Sapphire Defense. :rolleyes:

Oh. Ok. Well I guess it doesn't matter then. Lol.

I install screen protectors for my family all time without too much trouble. I hate doing my own though. I'm sure it's mental. I have pretty much stopped using them at this point anyway.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh. Ok. Well I guess it doesn't matter then. Lol.

I install screen protectors for my family all time without too much trouble. I hate doing my own though. I'm sure it's mental. I have pretty much stopped using them at this point anyway.

I'm pretty good at installing screen protectors and have been doing them for years. This Sapphire Defense has to be on almost 100% perfect or you will see flaws. Here are a couple pictures of the one I did. It was on a tiny bit high and a tiny bit over to the right. There were bubbles and the one side would not stick.
Love the protector though. Have a new one ready to install when I build up the nerve. It's a tough little sucker to get on perfect.

sd01.jpgsd02.jpgsd03.jpgsd05.jpgsd06.jpg

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty good at installing screen protectors and have been doing them for years. This Sapphire Defense has to be on almost 100% perfect or you will see flaws. Here are a couple pictures of the one I did. It was on a tiny bit high and a tiny bit over to the right. There were bubbles and the one side would not stick.
Love the protector though. Have a new one ready to install when I build up the nerve. It's a tough little sucker to get on perfect.

View attachment 118444View attachment 118445View attachment 118446View attachment 118447View attachment 118448

Looks like you did pretty good. Sounds like it's just a tough one to install. What case are you using? Sorry if you mentioned that already.

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you did pretty good. Sounds like it's just a tough one to install. What case are you using? Sorry if you mentioned that already.

The Sapphire defense is very case friendly and will work with pretty much any case. Since I removed the Sapphire Defense I've been using the Bodyguardz Pure Arc and it's been great for an edge sticker. My favorite case right now is the UAG Monarch.

These pictures are showing the Bodyguardz Pure ARC on the Galaxy S8+

arc03.jpgarc07.jpgarc09.jpgarcedge02.jpgarcedge03.jpg

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I played with one again today...the temptation is there but the new iPhone is just a couple months away. Trying to hold out!! And I like my Apple Watch. I'd have a hard time parting with it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I got to play around with the S8 yesterday and once standout thing i do like over the 7+ is the weight. I love weighty phones, but the 7+ is pretty hefty and the S8 in comparison is really nice. With that said i still love my 7+ and wouldnt part with it...but i dont mind admitting praise where its due ;P

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox