iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Black & Teal, nice combo. Maybe you can post a couple pictures when you receive it?

I miss the Citron Green commuter shells.
Will do! It'll be here tomorrow ! Looks awesome though. I tried one on at best buy because I took apart a black and the teal and combined them lol. I couldn't have bought it that way but I just wanted to see what it looked like. But I definitely think it's gorgeous

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Had the iPhone 6 plus, 6s plus, 7 plus, iPad pro and MacBook pro.

Love my MacBook pro. Hate the closed ecosystem. Makes it hard to move stuff between icloud and google drive.

Recently I decided to move to the s8 and gear s3 and away from my Apple watch and iPhone. Couldn't be happier. Love that I have more control. The cases and bands are cheaper too. Not sure I'll go back especially when they release the Note 8.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Love my MacBook pro. Hate the closed ecosystem. Makes it hard to move stuff between icloud and google drive.

Recently I decided to move to the s8 and gear s3 and away from my Apple watch and iPhone. Couldn't be happier. Love that I have more control. The cases and bands are cheaper too. Not sure I'll go back especially when they release the Note 8.
I'm waiting for the Note 8 myself

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Android just doesn't always work. It can let you down. Sometimes on the simplest things. Makes me wanna throw it against the wall.
But I'm back to my iPhone 7 plus now. And my life just got back to normal.
And got my iMessage back whhhooohhoooo.
And it simply just works every time.
Waiting for Nokia to deliver now. Hopefully they can make android work with better optimisations. If not I think I'm on apple forever.

I'm yet to find a single piece of technology that works EVERY time. It's good that your experience says otherwise.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm yet to find a single piece of technology that works EVERY time. It's good that your experience says otherwise.
Thus is true. IOS is full of bugs. Otherwise we wouldn't constantly have these point fix updates. Also, android is full of bugs.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

Same thing for me. I've been using the gear s3 frontier and galaxy s8 (and Nvidia Shield TV) for a few weeks now. I've never been even close to being a Samsung fan, but I have been very impressed with this combo. I still have my apple watch and 7 plus. The original plan was to switch back and forth when the mood strikes, but I haven't wanted to use the iPhone or Apple watch at all. I will hang on to them til the Note 8 comes out. If I'm still enjoying the s8 at that time, I will likely say goodbye to Apple for awhile.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thus is true. IOS is full of bugs. Otherwise we wouldn't constantly have these point fix updates. Also, android is full of bugs.

True. I honestly don't believe either operating system is more smooth than the other. That may have been true in the past but currently, it really isn't the reality. Everyones experiences vary. You'll find people with buggy and glitchy issues on their iPhone just like you'll find people with similar issues on their Android. I just think people should preface those statements with "in my experience" rather than make statements like "iOS is more stable than Android".

I've got a family member using a Galaxy S4 and hasn't had a single issue. Hasn't replaced it or anything and it's working just fine. Their experience would say Android is very stable and smooth.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
True. I honestly don't believe either operating system is more smooth than the other. That may have been true in the past but currently, it really isn't the reality. Everyones experiences vary. You'll find people with buggy and glitchy issues on their iPhone just like you'll find people with similar issues on their Android. I just think people should preface those statements with "in my experience" rather than make statements like "iOS is more stable than Android".

I've got a family member using a Galaxy S4 and hasn't had a single issue. Hasn't replaced it or anything and it's working just fine. Their experience would say Android is very stable and smooth.
Agreed. Android in the early days was pretty much a train wreck compared to iPhone, but that was a long time ago. My recent experience with Android has been mostly positive. A few things here and there, but not much different than iOS these days.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I agree 110%. I've had my share of bugs and glitches and issues with my 6s Plus. Some bugs that haven't been fixed since I got it. Some annoying ones, too. Android always had bugs, too. And in my experience, weren't any worse than the bugs I've had with iOS.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I caved and got the S8 Plus, gave my 14 year old daughter my iPhone 7 Plus 256. Now I'm waiting on the Note 8 and iPhone 8.
I still have my 7 plus but haven't used it in almost 5 weeks. Except for when I tried to switch back and it lasted only 3 hours.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I caved and got the S8 Plus, gave my 14 year old daughter my iPhone 7 Plus 256. Now I'm waiting on the Note 8 and iPhone 8.
I'm definitely going to get the Note 8, and may get whatever they're going to call the next iPhone depending on how much of an upgrade it is over my 7 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh