iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
This is probably what won me over so much with this S8. I went full on iPhone when the 6 released. Didn't even look over the fence. I kind of had my head in the sand. Then I picked up the S8 and I was like "whoa...I've been missing out!" Lol. Quite a few great features that the iPhone should have had a few devices ago, honestly. I understand the "Apple waits to add features until they're ready"...but they are working wonderfully on the S8. I really hope the next release of iPhones and iOS 11 catches up.
Agreed 100% . This is how I felt as well. I had a galaxy s5 that I hated so I was pretty anti android for a bit lol but I just love this one!

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, the Sapphire Defense has been much improved over the iPhone 7 version. The first one I tried on the S8+ I had on a little high and over to the right. The one side would not lay down and I had a couple bubbles at the top. If you don't get the SD on perfect the first time there will be problems. ZAGG sent me a replacement and I have yet to install it. Right now I'm using the Bodyguardz Pure Arc tempered glass and it's been perfect. If the Bodyguardz gives me problems then I'll try round two with the Sapphire Defense.

Brooke, any experience with the Bodyguardz Pure Arc ?
Nah I haven't tried it yet. Only because I wanted something that fully adhered.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had the 6 Plus, 6s, and 7 Plus and I agree with you.

We all should know how Apple works by now. They keep things pretty similar for a couple of years, maybe a little more, and then come out with a big boom. Most people with iPhones user it for functionality, not hardware. I've been into hardware since I started using smartphones and I've finally convinced myself that functionality over physicality is more important at this time in my life. Androids are fun phones to use no doubt....They have gorgeous displays and top notch hardware. For me, iMessage, FaceTime, and app functionality are more important to me now. Plus I think it's harsh to say that it's slow...Dated yes but slow definitely not. I know you didn't say that just referencing another post and couldn't figure out how to quote more than one post!

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I can assure you that the iPhone is not slow :) After using a S8+ for three weeks most thing still gets done faster on the iPhone 7+ Yes the hardware looks dated with all the bezels but the iPhone 7 screen still has quality if you ignore the bezels

I thought as much as with everyone on the iPhone forums drooling over the S8 and what seems to be majority agreeing I was starting to doubt myself a little. I did get to use the S8 for a bit but maybe real world use introduced or showed me things I didn't notice.

No, I don't think the iPhone 7 Plus (or 7 or 6S/6S plus) are slow phones but I really hate how slow the animations are, one thing though, you CAN'T say that the S8/S8 + are slow either or the usual claims that because it's a Samsung or Android it will get slow later. I'm still waiting for one of mine to get that way, I used the S7 edge for over a year and it was working as the first day, obviously the battery, as in any other phone wasn't holding its charge like when it was brand new. The same happened with the Note 5 that was used for about 14 months, first by me and then by my daughter. One thing I always do, even with the Iphones is a weekly reboot, that's it.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
No, I don't think the iPhone 7 Plus (or 7 or 6S/6S plus) are slow phones but I really hate how slow the animations are, one thing though, you CAN'T say that the S8/S8 + are slow either or the usual claims that because it's a Samsung or Android it will get slow later. I'm still waiting for one of mine to get that way, I used the S7 edge for over a year and it was working as the first day, obviously the battery, as in any other phone wasn't holding its charge like when it was brand new. The same happened with the Note 5 that was used for about 14 months, first by me and then by my daughter. One thing I always do, even with the Iphones is a weekly reboot, that's it.
This is what I meant by slow. The animations are and texting on the s8+ versus the iPhone 7 plus is world's different. It's way faster on my android.

I definitely do love iOS and kept the other personal line eligible for upgrade when the new one comes out but if it's just another s version update I may hold off. Just for the time being.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
This is what I meant by slow. The animations are and texting on the s8+ versus the iPhone 7 plus is world's different. It's way faster on my android.

Ok there was a misunderstanding because I thought you were implying iPhones are slow at performing. It's easy on android to turn on developer mode and reduce animations, but I guess you're referring to default Samsung oem launcher. I can agree the S8 transitions are less than that of iOS, I'm personally a fan of the transitions but see what you mean.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
We all should know how Apple works by now. They keep things pretty similar for a couple of years, maybe a little more, and then come out with a big boom. Most people with iPhones user it for functionality, not hardware. I've been into hardware since I started using smartphones and I've finally convinced myself that functionality over physicality is more important at this time in my life. Androids are fun phones to use no doubt....They have gorgeous displays and top notch hardware. For me, iMessage, FaceTime, and app functionality are more important to me now. Plus I think it's harsh to say that it's slow...Dated yes but slow definitely not. I know you didn't say that just referencing another post and couldn't figure out how to quote more than one post!
A couple of years yes. But 3?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
If your soley just want to use iOS, I'd say wait for i8. Im sure that will be much alike the s8. If your open to other platforms like myself, I'd say go for it. Many people here thought I only used iOS. I have used android since back on the HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix. I've owed many over the years.
The HTC Inspire and Motorola Atrix take it back many years!

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't say that the iPhone is more functional than the Galaxy. However iMessage is the only thing that draws me to the iPhone. Is it enough to stay with an iPhone, probably not.

willboyce

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Android just doesn't always work. It can let you down. Sometimes on the simplest things. Makes me wanna throw it against the wall.
But I'm back to my iPhone 7 plus now. And my life just got back to normal.
And got my iMessage back whhhooohhoooo.
And it simply just works every time.
Waiting for Nokia to deliver now. Hopefully they can make android work with better optimisations. If not I think I'm on apple forever.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't say that the iPhone is more functional than the Galaxy. However iMessage is the only thing that draws me to the iPhone. Is it enough to stay with an iPhone, probably not.

Ease of use is more of what I'm talking about. It's easy. Some things seem more complicated on android platform. And iOS is much more stable

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I believe the Sapphire Defense is the best screen protector available for the S8/S8+.

I just think it would take me 2-4 tries to get one on perfect and I've done a million screen protectors in my life. :rolleyes:

0b9b5dd1c2e921a3f0837a49cf247d5d.jpg
8227d0301dd5cef0202c3c0614a6bceb.jpg

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, Brooke. If mine looked that good I would have never pulled it off. I'm rocking the Bodyguardz Arc for now. Have you sold or installed any of the Bodyguardz Arc's yet? The express align tray is a wonderful thing. Just wondering the longevity of the Bodyguardz before it pops off and hits the ground. :concern:

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, Brooke. If mine looked that good I would have never pulled it off. I'm rocking the Bodyguardz Arc for now. Have you sold or installed any of the Bodyguardz Arc's yet? The express align tray is a wonderful thing. Just wondering the longevity of the Bodyguardz before it pops off and hits the ground. :concern:
Nah I haven't. I have yet to get anyone that wants those type of screen protectors. I know some of them look pretty good going on but I don't trust they'll last. The reviews online aren't wrong. That's why I went full adhesion

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Nah I haven't. I have yet to get anyone that wants those type of screen protectors. I know some of them look pretty good going on but I don't trust they'll last. The reviews online aren't wrong. That's why I went full adhesion

You like the Commuter case over the Symmetry?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods