iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I went with the S8+. I had the 7 plus, it just became boring after awhile. It's a wonderful fluid phone but that's really it. The S8 has it's cons, I miss the press the top of a page gesture to scroll up & iMessage but that's really it. The things I don't like about the S8 is the standby time, & rarely the notification bar will do a quick stutter when clearing notifications out. Overall I'm happy with my choice. I will definitely be checking out the 7s or 8 plus.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went with the S8+. I had the 7 plus, it just became boring after awhile. It's a wonderful fluid phone but that's really it. The S8 has it's cons, I miss the press the top of a page gesture to scroll up & iMessage but that's really it. The things I don't like about the S8 is the standby time, & rarely the notification bar will do a quick stutter when clearing notifications out. Overall I'm happy with my choice. I will definitely be checking out the 7s or 8 plus.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, the Galaxy S8 seems really good! And I watch many reviews about it, all are great review!
But I don't decide to get it, I would like to wait iPhone 8, and Iam considering whether join apple's iphone upgrade program now...

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I went with the G6. $20/month makes it worth it, and I watched a ton of YouTube videos that really make the phone worthwhile for a user like me. Can't go wrong with almost $200 off!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went with the G6. $20/month makes it worth it, and I watched a ton of YouTube videos that really make the phone worthwhile for a user like me. Can't go wrong with almost $200 off!

I saw that too. I was seriously considering picking it up. I'm not giving up my 7 Plus but my android itch has been getting stronger as it's now been 7 months of nothing but iOS. All good stuff but I would like to check out what's new on the other side.

I'd love to hear what you think of the G6. I really like how it feels and I prefer the flat screen.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Curious question for those who own multiple phones.

Do you swap them out daily? Do you collect phones or sell them off to help pay for newer ones?

I get the appreciation for both platforms as each has pros/cons, but i could never intentionally own more than one phone for personal use (i have two phones but one is a personal, the other work gave me...both iPhones).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you swap them out daily? Do you collect phones or sell them off to help pay for newer ones?

I get the appreciation for both platforms as each has pros/cons, but i could never intentionally own more than one phone for personal use (i have two phones but one is a personal, the other work gave me...both iPhones).

It's been a while since I've kept two phones at the same time. I used to keep one for use on wifi to play with basically. That didn't last long.

After that, I would buy one, use it for a few months and then sell it to buy another. I just liked the change. I still do to some degree but the hassle isn't worth it too me anymore. I've been 7 Plus only for 7 months now. I'm interested in a newer android phone just to check it out. I really don't see going back to android full time at this point. It could change but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

At one time I had three smartphones with two different numbers, plus a number for my wifi/cellular iPad. Needless to say one of them collected dust at one time or another. Finally I decided to pick one between BlackBerry, Samsung and Apple. Apple was my choice and I haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, I see some good things happening in the world of smartphones and tech in general, but I'm caught up in the Apple ecosystem at this stage of my tech life and jumping from one latest greatest device to another is no longer a desire of mine.
For those that still do....ENJOY, I've been there and done that. Today, I'm just happy where I'm at.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
At one time I had three smartphones with two different numbers, plus a number for my wifi/cellular iPad. Needless to say one of them collected dust at one time or another. Finally I decided to pick one between BlackBerry, Samsung and Apple. Apple was my choice and I haven't looked back. Don't get me wrong, I see some good things happening in the world of smartphones and tech in general, but I'm caught up in the Apple ecosystem at this stage of my tech life and jumping from one latest greatest device to another is no longer a desire of mine.
For those that still do....ENJOY, I've been there and done that. Today, I'm just happy where I'm at.

TBH, all the talk on this thread about people owning both the iPhone 7/+ and S8/+ or any other Android, TO ME, sounds exhausting. Im a techie fan, i appreciate all forms of tech we get and would love to use them all...but i dont. It all comes down to preference, i would personally rather invest my own time playing my Nintendo Switch than fussing around with swapping out phones, to each their own. At my job i get to test my phones and thinking of doing that on my personal time doesnt click. In Canada is absolutely insane how expensive phones are, so that might be a factor too...in the US you seem to get many more deals than us to take advantage of these opportunities.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm tempted to give the S8 a try, but I've gotten reliant on a few iOS features since switching 7 months ago. My whole family has iPhones, so we use iMessage a lot. I also have an iPad Pro, so I really like being able to text and call from my iPad. We also use air drop pretty frequently. I have an Apple TV as well, and I really like how seamless it is to connect all of my devices to my TV. I've only been an iOS user for 7 months and I feel like I'm kind of stuck. I know I'll miss these features if I switch.

Basically what it comes down to for me is I like the hardware of the S8 much better, but I think I do like the whole iOS experience better than Android.

willboyce

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Got the new blackberry key one. I love the phone and its hardaware. Android has improved I have to say. But still not as stable as iOS. I don't think android can ever run as smooth as iOS , it doesn't matter if we get to android Z. IOS apps are for better as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro