iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Have an Android and an iPhone and switch my SIMs between them depending on my mood that day. I will say if I had to choose one, hands down the iPhone would be it.

Just look at the apps between the two. Android apps are half baked in comparison. Take a look at the Ameritrade iPhone app and the Android app. Night and day difference. That goes for a ton of apps I use. The ability to use touch ID for many apps including banking apps just is not there with Android.

I prefer the notification delivery on iPhone. I get any notification and I simply look over at my iPhone on the desk. With Samsung is works with some notifications but not all. The drop down shade does not offer quite the clarity needed to quickly distinguish the message at a glance on Android as opposed to iPhone.

Another feature the iPhone has that to me is gold is the ability to go back with a swipe left to right. This allows one handed use even with larger screens. With Android you are distributing most of the weight forward to get to the back button which to me is not as stable than a simple mid screen swipe.

It's funny, when you watch phone reviews on you tube I notice most of the time the reviewers SIM is loaded in the iPhone. That also goes for the watch. The most common complaint I hear about iPhone is "i got bored and bought a Android". Here is the thing, it's boring because it works. I can tell you I am not bored with Android because I am always trying to figure out how to make things work correctly. For example, I was just on Facebook messenger talking to a friend. Every time he responded to me while in app the notification pops up top asking me to reply as if I was in another app. WTF? I just don't run into that shhh with iPhone.

I could go on and on. So why do I have a Note 5 along with my iPhone? Because iPhone is too boring. ;-)

I switch daily between an iPhone 7 and a S7 Edge. My preference is iPhone for battery life and Android for pretty much everything else. I am passing on the S8 because my S7 edge will be my last Samsung phone. Moving forward, Pixel will be my Android of choice. I am tired of waiting for Samsung and their updates. So now I am waiting on the iPhone 8 and Pixel 2.

MKNicole1988

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded to the galaxy S8 + day before yesterday. I admit it's a beautiful phone but, I just can't get used to android. I guess I'm stuck in the Apple ecosystem. I'm also weary of Samsung products after I had to return my Note 7. I'll be sticking with my iPhone 7 plus until I can pre-order my iPhone 8.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to the galaxy S8 + day before yesterday. I admit it's a beautiful phone but, I just can't get used to android. I guess I'm stuck in the Apple ecosystem. I'm also weary of Samsung products after I had to return my Note 7. I'll be sticking with my iPhone 7 plus until I can pre-order my iPhone 8.

This is what it comes down to for me as well. I am tempted by the S8 because, like you said, it's a beautiful phone. I much prefer the hardware of the S8 over my iPhone, but I much prefer the software of the iPhone. IMO, the software is more important. My perfect phone would be the S8 running iOS.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
My 1st response is always a question.. What do you want to do? Then I work from there. (there is no one perfect device that's good for everyone)

Cheers,
BR

Anyone who has gone through the most basic sales training should know this. Your first step should always be to ask questions. Then you make recommendations based on their wants/needs. If you're trying to sell a specific product, of course you use their responses to personalize what you're selling and make them feel like they "need" it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have both too but I use the galaxy more these days. I love being able to customize!

I found this battery life to be better imo. Then again my 7plus hasn't been the absolute best. My iPhone 6s Plus was way better.

What about all those Apple Silicone cases you purchased?! They must feel neglected now.

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
Anyone who has gone through the most basic sales training should know this. Your first step should always be to ask questions. Then you make recommendations based on their wants/needs. If you're trying to sell a specific product, of course you use their responses to personalize what you're selling and make them feel like they "need" it.

All very true. I guess that's why I try to avoid sales people :) I'm just an IT guy trying to help people find the best solution for what they want to do...

Cheers,
BR

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever get the screen protector? If so how was it? Only one I tried was zagg glass and it was horrible. Still going without one.
I got the sapphire defense and LOVE it! It looked like it wasn't going to settle at first but it has now and there's no issues with the touch screen. It's Perfect! Highly recommended!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the sapphire defense and LOVE it! It looked like it wasn't going to settle at first but it has now and there's no issues with the touch screen. It's Perfect! Highly recommended!
Does it affect clarity at all? That was one thing that Zagg glass did. Made it look like an anti glare and grainy.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Does it affect clarity at all? That was one thing that Zagg glass did. Made it look like an anti glare and grainy.

Will make a mention that it's a hard one to install.. I'm really good at installing screen protectors but I had my coworker do it because she's really good! Plus I tend to flub mine at least once.. everyone else's protectors I get right the first try lol go figure. And seeing as I had to order it and I can't just yank another off the shelf so I didn't take chances.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Will make a mention that it's a hard one to install.. I'm really good at installing screen protectors but I had my coworker do it because she's really good! Plus I tend to flub mine at least once.. everyone else's protectors I get right the first try lol go figure. And seeing as I had to order it and I can't just yank another off the shelf so I didn't take chances.
It's always to do other people's. I do all of my friends and family. But harder to do mine. I get nervous on my own. Lol

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
It's always to do other people's. I do all of my friends and family. But harder to do mine. I get nervous on my own. Lol

lol I do too. I went through three with my privacy on my iPhone. But I was in the inventory room with a whole stash behind me. If I messed it up I just turned around and got another. Then paid for all of them later I'm too picky! Thankfully my SSR did a great job the first time. But we were certainly skeptical. It looked really bubbled at first. Looked kinda speckled. Since we knew it wasn't lint I decided to give it 24 hours and sure enough it looks phenomenal

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Each device has its pros and cons. S8+ is definitely better for media consumption. Media consumption in general is better on the S8+ series. Apple has the advantage of updates and to some degree security. Don't forget though that Samsung has KNOX which is very powerful when it comes to protecting personal information. Apps are also more polished on an iPhone. Overall, best choice is to own both :p Best if both worlds and you get to switch back and forth :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro