iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer google maps as well but Apple maps is vastly improved from where it started so I use it most of the time. I'm learning to be less picky I guess. Lol. I used to fight everything on iOS and that's the main reason why I'd end up switching back to android. Then I'd miss iOS and switch back. It was a viscous circle. I'm trying to put an end to it.

I've not used Apple Maps in years admittedly. But I hear you about the viscous circle!

TheRandomDealio

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
If there was something as close to iMessage and parental controls (2boys have iPhones) on android I would switch

I feel like iOS is more family friendly. From restrictions to Family Sharing to Find My Friends/ iPhone. My husband, 17 year old and I all have iPhones. My 14 year old has an iPod. My 4 year old has an Android tablet. Guess which device drives me insane...
Google has Family library now but it isn't as user friendly as Apple's Family Sharing. At least to me. I have to use a restricted profile on the tablet and it isn't the best way to do things when it comes to sharing apps. Especially paid apps. But I can't even attempt to use Google's Family Link as our devices are not running the required version of Android. Because...updates. ~eyeroll~

I've used Samsung devices in the past. Lovely hardware. Sucky software. Not a fan of TouchWiz. Not a fan of bloatware or lack of OS updates. I shouldn't have to root my device to make it work the way that it should. The things I thought I would miss about Android...honestly having annoyed me that much.

I'm also finding that for me...I prefer my fingerprint sensor right where it is on my iPhone 7 Plus. I don't want it on the back of my device.

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Android would have to up its game in the battery department. My 7 Plus lasts far longer despite those tests which always seem to make it closer than real world use. Last phones for me were Note 5, 6 Plus, Note 3. And all Android before that. I don't get this business about trying to beat each other in the slimness war if it means compromising juice. They're slim enough already.

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Samsung need to release in Q1 because they know Apple are bringing heat this year. Also I'm still not sold on the curved screen. I have a feeling it'll go the same way as curved TV screens.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung need to release in Q1 because they know Apple are bringing heat this year. Also I'm still not sold on the curved screen. I have a feeling it'll go the same way as curved TV screens.

Yeah they need that extra quarter of sales to try and get out ahead of Apple as much as they can. As soon as the iPhone 8 is announced preorders will be insane and lines long AF. Nothing in the Android world comes close to the excitement and build up iPhone gets. Even if Samsung had more of a physical retail presence I still don't think those stores would see the crazy lines that Apple Stores do for iPhone releases.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones with features that people will find compelling..

Cheers,
BR
Very true. That is the simplest and most straightforward answer yet. Both are great phones. Pick the one that works best for you.

Here's what I tell customers when they ask me Samsung or Apple: "There's no right or wrong answer, it's all about personal preference. It's like Ford versus Chevy, BMW versus Mercedes, or if you're a watch person Omega versus Rolex. While I personally prefer Samsung, I use both devices because I really can't say that one is better than, or even worse than, the other." I've said that probably thousands of times since I've been in the industry.

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
My 1st response is always a question.. What do you want to do? Then I work from there. (there is no one perfect device that's good for everyone)

Cheers,
BR

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I think the difference in "quality" between Android and iOS is so similar that what we choose is simply based on personal taste and needs. iOS is my current choice for a number of reasons -- but Android is attractive too.

I agree with @brian_84 about the curved screen fad. For the past four or five years, smartphone screens on nearly any device are so good that there's no true real-world difference except for flashy fadstuff that lacks practicality but draws new customers. After using a Sammy curved screen for a few months, do we still even notice that it's curved?

brau0303

Trusted Member
May 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the difference in "quality" between Android and iOS is so similar that what we choose is simply based on personal taste and needs. iOS is my current choice for a number of reasons -- but Android is attractive too.

I agree with @brian_84 about the curved screen fad. For the past four or five years, smartphone screens on nearly any device are so good that there's no true real-world difference except for flashy fadstuff that lacks practicality but draws new customers. After using a Sammy curved screen for a few months, do we still even notice that it's curved?

Actually on the Note Edge the edge screen acted as a separate screen element and had content designed for it. they did not keep this tho on their newer devices.

Cheers,
BR

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I talk about switching from time to time. More often as of late with the release of the S8. But I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem. I'm probably not switching.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the s8+ and actually love it. My iPhone has been at home for almost a week now. I like to switch it up so this is a nice fun change for me.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I have both! I love both for different reasons, but i always tend to lean more towards iPhone. I must say i am please with the S8+ battery... it is almost as good as my iPhone 7+'s battery.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have both! I love both for different reasons, but i always tend to lean more towards iPhone. I must say i am please with the S8+ battery... it is almost as good as my iPhone 7+'s battery.
I have both too but I use the galaxy more these days. I love being able to customize!

I found this battery life to be better imo. Then again my 7plus hasn't been the absolute best. My iPhone 6s Plus was way better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox