Samsung need to release in Q1 because they know Apple are bringing heat this year. Also I'm still not sold on the curved screen. I have a feeling it'll go the same way as curved TV screens.
    Yeah they need that extra quarter of sales to try and get out ahead of Apple as much as they can. As soon as the iPhone 8 is announced preorders will be insane and lines long AF. Nothing in the Android world comes close to the excitement and build up iPhone gets. Even if Samsung had more of a physical retail presence I still don't think those stores would see the crazy lines that Apple Stores do for iPhone releases.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-04-2017 01:43 AM
    Both are great phones with features that people will find compelling..

Cheers,
    BR
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:06 AM

Cheers,
    BR
    Very true. That is the simplest and most straightforward answer yet. Both are great phones. Pick the one that works best for you.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 06:51 AM

Cheers,
    BR
    Very true. That is the simplest and most straightforward answer yet. Both are great phones. Pick the one that works best for you.
    Here's what I tell customers when they ask me Samsung or Apple: "There's no right or wrong answer, it's all about personal preference. It's like Ford versus Chevy, BMW versus Mercedes, or if you're a watch person Omega versus Rolex. While I personally prefer Samsung, I use both devices because I really can't say that one is better than, or even worse than, the other." I've said that probably thousands of times since I've been in the industry.
    05-04-2017 07:49 AM
    I was also worried at first but it actually has improved since I last used it which was also a very long time ago. Try it.
    I'll have to give it a try, thanks for the recommendation!
    05-04-2017 08:11 AM
    My 1st response is always a question.. What do you want to do? Then I work from there. (there is no one perfect device that's good for everyone)

Cheers,
    BR
    05-04-2017 08:43 AM
    I think the difference in "quality" between Android and iOS is so similar that what we choose is simply based on personal taste and needs. iOS is my current choice for a number of reasons -- but Android is attractive too.

I agree with @brian_84 about the curved screen fad. For the past four or five years, smartphone screens on nearly any device are so good that there's no true real-world difference except for flashy fadstuff that lacks practicality but draws new customers. After using a Sammy curved screen for a few months, do we still even notice that it's curved?
    jtcannonball likes this.
    05-04-2017 10:33 AM
    I think the difference in "quality" between Android and iOS is so similar that what we choose is simply based on personal taste and needs. iOS is my current choice for a number of reasons -- but Android is attractive too.

I agree with @brian_84 about the curved screen fad. For the past four or five years, smartphone screens on nearly any device are so good that there's no true real-world difference except for flashy fadstuff that lacks practicality but draws new customers. After using a Sammy curved screen for a few months, do we still even notice that it's curved?
    Actually on the Note Edge the edge screen acted as a separate screen element and had content designed for it. they did not keep this tho on their newer devices.

Cheers,
    BR
    05-04-2017 10:52 AM
    I talk about switching from time to time. More often as of late with the release of the S8. But I'm too invested in the Apple ecosystem. I'm probably not switching.
    05-04-2017 11:08 AM
    I have the s8+ and actually love it. My iPhone has been at home for almost a week now. I like to switch it up so this is a nice fun change for me.
    05-04-2017 07:37 PM
    "iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?"

Both, but I'd probably bend more towards the S8+ for certain reasons.
    05-04-2017 08:36 PM
    After reading your review, I will go to visit the Samsung store to try to know S8 and S8 plus, while waiitng for iPhone 8. Kinds Regards
    05-05-2017 02:52 AM
    I have the s8+ and actually love it. My iPhone has been at home for almost a week now. I like to switch it up so this is a nice fun change for me.
    Glad to hear you're liking it, Brooke!
    05-05-2017 03:14 AM
    I have both! I love both for different reasons, but i always tend to lean more towards iPhone. I must say i am please with the S8+ battery... it is almost as good as my iPhone 7+'s battery.
    cwbcpa, anon(9490796) and jamezr like this.
    05-05-2017 07:23 AM
    I have both! I love both for different reasons, but i always tend to lean more towards iPhone. I must say i am please with the S8+ battery... it is almost as good as my iPhone 7+'s battery.
    I have both too but I use the galaxy more these days. I love being able to customize!

I found this battery life to be better imo. Then again my 7plus hasn't been the absolute best. My iPhone 6s Plus was way better.
    jamezr and felloffthetruck like this.
    05-05-2017 02:01 PM
    I have both phones and love them both. But I haven't been able to put my S8+ down since I got it
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-05-2017 02:32 PM
    It would have to be free to get me to use one.
    Free didn't even work for me. Sent mine back
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-05-2017 03:01 PM
    Have an Android and an iPhone and switch my SIMs between them depending on my mood that day. I will say if I had to choose one, hands down the iPhone would be it.

Just look at the apps between the two. Android apps are half baked in comparison. Take a look at the Ameritrade iPhone app and the Android app. Night and day difference. That goes for a ton of apps I use. The ability to use touch ID for many apps including banking apps just is not there with Android.

I prefer the notification delivery on iPhone. I get any notification and I simply look over at my iPhone on the desk. With Samsung is works with some notifications but not all. The drop down shade does not offer quite the clarity needed to quickly distinguish the message at a glance on Android as opposed to iPhone.

Another feature the iPhone has that to me is gold is the ability to go back with a swipe left to right. This allows one handed use even with larger screens. With Android you are distributing most of the weight forward to get to the back button which to me is not as stable than a simple mid screen swipe.

It's funny, when you watch phone reviews on you tube I notice most of the time the reviewers SIM is loaded in the iPhone. That also goes for the watch. The most common complaint I hear about iPhone is "i got bored and bought a Android". Here is the thing, it's boring because it works. I can tell you I am not bored with Android because I am always trying to figure out how to make things work correctly. For example, I was just on Facebook messenger talking to a friend. Every time he responded to me while in app the notification pops up top asking me to reply as if I was in another app. WTF? I just don't run into that shhh with iPhone.

I could go on and on. So why do I have a Note 5 along with my iPhone? Because iPhone is too boring. ;-)
    I switch daily between an iPhone 7 and a S7 Edge. My preference is iPhone for battery life and Android for pretty much everything else. I am passing on the S8 because my S7 edge will be my last Samsung phone. Moving forward, Pixel will be my Android of choice. I am tired of waiting for Samsung and their updates. So now I am waiting on the iPhone 8 and Pixel 2.
    05-05-2017 03:31 PM
    I upgraded to the galaxy S8 + day before yesterday. I admit it's a beautiful phone but, I just can't get used to android. I guess I'm stuck in the Apple ecosystem. I'm also weary of Samsung products after I had to return my Note 7. I'll be sticking with my iPhone 7 plus until I can pre-order my iPhone 8.
    swarlos likes this.
    05-05-2017 06:57 PM
    I upgraded to the galaxy S8 + day before yesterday. I admit it's a beautiful phone but, I just can't get used to android. I guess I'm stuck in the Apple ecosystem. I'm also weary of Samsung products after I had to return my Note 7. I'll be sticking with my iPhone 7 plus until I can pre-order my iPhone 8.
    This is what it comes down to for me as well. I am tempted by the S8 because, like you said, it's a beautiful phone. I much prefer the hardware of the S8 over my iPhone, but I much prefer the software of the iPhone. IMO, the software is more important. My perfect phone would be the S8 running iOS.
    MKNicole1988 likes this.
    05-05-2017 10:34 PM
    My 1st response is always a question.. What do you want to do? Then I work from there. (there is no one perfect device that's good for everyone)

Cheers,
    BR
    Anyone who has gone through the most basic sales training should know this. Your first step should always be to ask questions. Then you make recommendations based on their wants/needs. If you're trying to sell a specific product, of course you use their responses to personalize what you're selling and make them feel like they "need" it.
    05-05-2017 10:39 PM
    I found the battery to be better on the s8+
    05-05-2017 11:09 PM
    I have both phones and love them both. But I haven't been able to put my S8+ down since I got it
    Me too!
    ladyc0524 and jamezr like this.
    05-05-2017 11:09 PM
    I have both too but I use the galaxy more these days. I love being able to customize!

I found this battery life to be better imo. Then again my 7plus hasn't been the absolute best. My iPhone 6s Plus was way better.
    What about all those Apple Silicone cases you purchased?! They must feel neglected now.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-06-2017 03:19 AM
    Anyone who has gone through the most basic sales training should know this. Your first step should always be to ask questions. Then you make recommendations based on their wants/needs. If you're trying to sell a specific product, of course you use their responses to personalize what you're selling and make them feel like they "need" it.
    All very true. I guess that's why I try to avoid sales people I'm just an IT guy trying to help people find the best solution for what they want to do...

Cheers,
    BR
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-06-2017 04:07 AM
426 ... 45678 ...