I love it, matching nails and all. How's that Sapphire holding up?
    Use to love the Citron green commuter shell with the black silicone.

Almost missed the matching teal AOD. Nice.
    Everything is beautiful and holding up well!! 😊
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-24-2017 09:24 PM
    Everything is beautiful and holding up well!!
    You have any Sapphire installation tips for poor ole me? I'm so scared of flubbing up the second one.
    Thanks.
    05-24-2017 09:37 PM
    Everything is beautiful and holding up well!!
    PC Double Bubble.
    05-24-2017 09:37 PM
    Nope
    Awesome, thanks!
    05-24-2017 09:39 PM
    You have any Sapphire installation tips for poor ole me? I'm so scared of flubbing up the second one.
    Thanks.
    You'd have to come visit California and have my SSR do it. I didn't do mine either. I did watch. While holding my breath lol but she always does a fantastic job. I can do other people's screen protectors but when it comes to my own forget it lol and idk why that is.
    05-25-2017 12:14 AM
    Thanks.
    Or take it to a Best Buy
    05-25-2017 12:22 AM
    Or take it to a Best Buy
    Have more faith in myself than any Best Buy employee.
    05-25-2017 08:19 AM
    I get that 100%. The only benefit to having them do it is when they screw up they can grab another one off the shelf. If you screw up, you either have to buy another one or try to exchange it. That experience varies depending on the maker.
    05-25-2017 09:20 AM
    7 Plus hands down!
    05-25-2017 09:30 AM
    They have a YouTube video on how to install it. Like I said I had my ssr do mine. But I know her and she rarely messes up
    05-25-2017 09:33 AM
    Samsung seemed to give out a ton of free s8 and s8+ phones. Including me getting a free s8+ A lot of BOGO deals going on just 5 weeks after release. So to me sales can't be on fire. I would have to think the Note 7 fiasco has had some kind of impact on sales. Not saying a huge impact but enough that there are many deals out there.
    In Canada on my carrier the S8/S8+ already dropped $200 on contract price, usually we expect this 4-6 months after release but after a month or so thats really soon. I have only 2 in the wild, one being my sisters and the other a guy sitting in front of me at the theater last week. For the sake of good competition, i hope it does well...its got to at such a good price.
    05-25-2017 09:53 AM
    I get that 100%. The only benefit to having them do it is when they screw up they can grab another one off the shelf. If you screw up, you either have to buy another one or try to exchange it. That experience varies depending on the maker.
    Exactly!
    05-25-2017 12:20 PM
    Best Buy does not sell the Sapphire Defense.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-25-2017 12:58 PM
    Best Buy does not sell the Sapphire Defense.
    Oh. Ok. Well I guess it doesn't matter then. Lol.

I install screen protectors for my family all time without too much trouble. I hate doing my own though. I'm sure it's mental. I have pretty much stopped using them at this point anyway.
    05-25-2017 02:17 PM
    Oh. Ok. Well I guess it doesn't matter then. Lol.

I install screen protectors for my family all time without too much trouble. I hate doing my own though. I'm sure it's mental. I have pretty much stopped using them at this point anyway.
    I'm pretty good at installing screen protectors and have been doing them for years. This Sapphire Defense has to be on almost 100% perfect or you will see flaws. Here are a couple pictures of the one I did. It was on a tiny bit high and a tiny bit over to the right. There were bubbles and the one side would not stick.
    Love the protector though. Have a new one ready to install when I build up the nerve. It's a tough little sucker to get on perfect.

iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-sd01.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-sd02.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-sd03.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-sd05.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-sd06.jpg
    05-25-2017 08:56 PM
    I'm pretty good at installing screen protectors and have been doing them for years. This Sapphire Defense has to be on almost 100% perfect or you will see flaws. Here are a couple pictures of the one I did. It was on a tiny bit high and a tiny bit over to the right. There were bubbles and the one side would not stick.
    Love the protector though. Have a new one ready to install when I build up the nerve. It's a tough little sucker to get on perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd01.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	118444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd02.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	491.0 KB 
ID:	118445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd03.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	118446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd05.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	483.3 KB 
ID:	118447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sd06.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	511.1 KB 
ID:	118448
    Looks like you did pretty good. Sounds like it's just a tough one to install. What case are you using? Sorry if you mentioned that already.
    05-25-2017 09:13 PM
    Looks like you did pretty good. Sounds like it's just a tough one to install. What case are you using? Sorry if you mentioned that already.
    The Sapphire defense is very case friendly and will work with pretty much any case. Since I removed the Sapphire Defense I've been using the Bodyguardz Pure Arc and it's been great for an edge sticker. My favorite case right now is the UAG Monarch.

These pictures are showing the Bodyguardz Pure ARC on the Galaxy S8+

iPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-arc03.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-arc07.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-arc09.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-arcedge02.jpgiPhone 7 Plus or Galaxy S8+?-arcedge03.jpg
    cwbcpa and blaine07 like this.
    05-27-2017 07:59 AM
    The S8 looks gorgeous!
    05-27-2017 05:33 PM
    I played with one again today...the temptation is there but the new iPhone is just a couple months away. Trying to hold out!! And I like my Apple Watch. I'd have a hard time parting with it.
    05-27-2017 06:49 PM
    I got to play around with the S8 yesterday and once standout thing i do like over the 7+ is the weight. I love weighty phones, but the 7+ is pretty hefty and the S8 in comparison is really nice. With that said i still love my 7+ and wouldnt part with it...but i dont mind admitting praise where its due ;P
    05-29-2017 10:06 AM
    Yeah they need that extra quarter of sales to try and get out ahead of Apple as much as they can. As soon as the iPhone 8 is announced preorders will be insane and lines long AF. Nothing in the Android world comes close to the excitement and build up iPhone gets. Even if Samsung had more of a physical retail presence I still don't think those stores would see the crazy lines that Apple Stores do for iPhone releases.
    The Samsung S series has been a first quarter release for years, as long as I can remember. It has nothing to do with Apple, instead it is because they release the new Note in September, so it is to stagger the release of their two flagship phones. From some of the early reports, it sounds like the Note will be an incredible phone this year.

As for the lines at Apple Stores, that is a negative not a positive. The reason for the lines is that Apple releases the phone before they build up sufficient back log of devices for demand; if you don't get in line you aren't going to get the new iPhone on release day. Apple creates an artificial shortage, which causes the lines. By contrast, Samsung doesn't have those shortages, they manufacture enough devices that they can meet the demand for their phones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Samsung fan. I was never a fan of TouchWiz, though it does look better this year. I also like timely updates, something Samsung has had issues with.
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-29-2017 09:48 PM
    I picked up the S8 plus coming from the 7 plus and by far the S8 plus is the better device all around. It super fast no lag at all and the camera is awesome. Battery last forever with super fast charging. Definitely take a look at one it's well worth it.
    05-30-2017 03:37 PM
    I picked up the S8 plus coming from the 7 plus and by far the S8 plus is the better device all around. It super fast no lag at all and the camera is awesome. Battery last forever with super fast charging. Definitely take a look at one it's well worth it.
    Might be a better device. Won't argue that but it is lacking iMessage and FaceTime! I won't go back to android BC I would miss that part of iOS too much
    05-30-2017 04:57 PM
    Might be a better device. Won't argue that but it is lacking iMessage and FaceTime! I won't go back to android BC I would miss that part of iOS too much
    You are right about that but I have my iPad pro and MacBooks when I need to use those features. I got a great deal on the S8 so I couldn't refuse to pick it up. I am blown away about how well it works.
    05-30-2017 05:04 PM
    So I caved in last Friday and picked up an S8+. It has been 7 months since I have had an android phone in my hands. All the positive feelings that I had about the Note 7 came back to me within a few minutes of using the S8+. It feels great in the hand. It's as fast or faster than my 7 Plus. Battery life after 5 solid days of use seems to be about on par with the 7 Plus. As long as I get a full day, I am good. Obviously the screen is amazing. I won't dwell on it since it's been beaten to death.

The software is where I notice the biggest improvements with Samsung. It is much lighter and better looking. I have not felt the need to install a launcher for the first time ever on a Samsung device. I still might(assuming I keep the S8) since there are things Nova offers that I really like.

I think people have blown the fingerprint location "issue" way out of proportion. It took me about half a day to get used to it. I have miss hit it since then. Of course, I only use it when I am outside because when I am inside the iris scanner works just as fast. Press the home button and by the time my eyes meet the screen the phone has unlocked. That's inside though. Outside it's not nearly as good, but that is fine. The fingerprint scanner works great.

So is it enough to make me give up my 7 plus? That is a tough question that I am still thinking about. If I did not have a family so devoted to Apple, I would not even think about it. It would be S8+ and I wouldn't look back. It's not that I dislike the 7 Plus or iOS. Android has always been where I am most comfortable. I can make any phone work for me including blackberry or windows phone. Yep, even those guys. There are things I appreciate about iOS and certainly miss. As these operating systems improve each year it becomes more difficult for me to have a favorite. It's still android for me followed closely by iOS.

I have been saying that I am more excited for iOS 11 than the iPhone 8 and I still stand by that. I want to see what Apple is going to change with iOS 11 and I think that will be my deciding factor. I don't expect much to be honest, but we will see in a few days what actually happens. Until then I am going to give the S8+ a full testing and see where I am next week.
    Wildo6882, erasat and libra89 like this.
    06-01-2017 11:28 AM
426 ... 1112131415 ...