Galaxy S8 Anyone?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah iMessage is pretty awesome. I usually just send links through Google Photos. It is convenient using iMessage just hitting send though. Android needs something compatible. Android in regards to messaging has entirely too much fragmentation. Is one supposed to use Allo or Hangouts etc.

I had to use drop box. I know files are large or whatever but idk why you can't nowadays. We don't get charged for text messages or multi media anymore unless you have an old old plan. So idk what gives. The phones should be able to handle it. Kinda sucks.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Going on 4 months with my S8 plus also have a 7plus and by far the galaxy beats out Apple in every way. The screen is absolutely stunning with vibrant colors. The camera is the best out on the market hands down and for those that say it's slow or lags never not once super fast never an issue. I am not bashing the 7plus it a very nice device it's just not up to the galaxy standards I guess that the 7s of 8 will match the galaxy s8

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Going on 4 months with my S8 plus also have a 7plus and by far the galaxy beats out Apple in every way. The screen is absolutely stunning with vibrant colors. The camera is the best out on the market hands down and for those that say it's slow or lags never not once super fast never an issue. I am not bashing the 7plus it a very nice device it's just not up to the galaxy standards I guess that the 7s of 8 will match the galaxy s8

My thoughts exactly. I also have a 7 plus and a s8+ since launch.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
They both are excellent devices with the iPhone being better built galaxy has too much glass IMO. Also the eco system that Apple has is awesome when you are totally invested in it. The Galaxy UI is snappier than the Apple with no lag like the s7 had prior. IMessage is the killer feature on Apple and is the reason most stay with Apple. I have both and really can't make up my mind.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It's very easy, the galaxy S8 is definitely the nicer looking, feature packed, technologically advanced device of the two. But, as I got older and realized what is more important to me, the iPhone ecosystem won't let me part ways. If android had iMessage and FaceTime then I'd most likely be using an Android device.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Well Facebook was always a problem. Normally I could see if a message I sent was seen and I couldn't. I don't have shady people or shady links but I'd always get a virus pop up prompting me to install something even if I wanted to read a local news article. Biggest thing was sending videos. Files were too large and I couldn't even email them to myself. Lame.

I don't hate the galaxy. Don't get me wrong. It's just kinda been a breath of fresh air going back to my iPhone. This is about how long I lasted last time I tried an android. 4-6 months

I am totally with you. I really liked the S8+, but there are just too many things that are either better or more convenient on the iPhone. I don't care how much better a screen is if I can't quickly and easily do what I need to do. The apps I use are still better on iOS, iMessage and FaceTime and the ability to share photos and videos with other iOS users is just too important.

To top it off, I just replaced my windows laptop with a MacBook Pro. I'm all in now and really enjoying it. It would really take something huge to pull me away again.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I am totally with you. I really liked the S8+, but there are just too many things that are either better or more convenient on the iPhone. I don't care how much better a screen is if I can't quickly and easily do what I need to do. The apps I use are still better on iOS, iMessage and FaceTime and the ability to share photos and videos with other iOS users is just too important.

To top it off, I just replaced my windows laptop with a MacBook Pro. I'm all in now and really enjoying it. It would really take something huge to pull me away again.

I have a MacBook Pro as well. I've had that for a year now. It was fun with the s8+ but I do find I like iOS better. I was super frustrated with the mms and video not being able to be shared (or even emailed to myself!) and when I first noticed that I almost ditched the phone. I did download Dropbox and used that on occasion but what a hassle! Forget that. Android should support multi media sharing without having to use a third party app.

I also got warnings for using my Kohl's app that it was consuming too much battery. Idk I was getting sick of the warnings and weird pop ups when I'm not even doing anything shady that would warrant a pop up regarding viruses and downloading an app to prevent it(yeah they try to trick you a lot to get the apps that do ultimately cause problems ). I'm over it. It was a free phone for me so I'll keep it as a spare but even so I'll be getting the iPhone 8 and keeping my iPhone 7 plus as well.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's very easy, the galaxy S8 is definitely the nicer looking, feature packed, technologically advanced device of the two. But, as I got older and realized what is more important to me, the iPhone ecosystem won't let me part ways. If android had iMessage and FaceTime then I'd most likely be using an Android device.

Well said my friend
Samsung always have the upper hand when it comes to features. But nothing beats the experience of both sofware and hardware that Apple made.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My biggest complaint about the S8+ besides the FPS itself is the inconsistent iris scanner and lack of FPS support for many apps. On my iPhone, all of my banking apps and most of my other apps all support Touch ID. Barely any of my apps utilized it on the S8+. I missed that convenience.

I'll admit, the S8+ has been the best experience I've had with an Android device. But I could never imagine giving up my iPhone.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My biggest complaint about the S8+ besides the FPS itself is the inconsistent iris scanner and lack of FPS support for many apps. On my iPhone, all of my banking apps and most of my other apps all support Touch ID. Barely any of my apps utilized it on the S8+. I missed that convenience.

I'll admit, the S8+ has been the best experience I've had with an Android device. But I could never imagine giving up my iPhone.

My banking apps and even my T-Mobile app supports Touch ID on the s8 plus.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll never buy a Samsung phone again. Horrible experiences with them. I don't care about bezels. I care about performance and consistency.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It only took three flagship Samsung’s for me to decide I wouldn’t buy another Samsung product - ANYTHING - every again. Every one of them ended up at Samsung repair for hardware failure not caused by me (one of them for 4 months). Samsung customer care is a joke.

It’s not like I didn’t give them multiple chances. The last was the S7. But Samsung can suck it as far as I’m concerned.

Now I just have to be patient until 3AM on 10/27.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It only took three flagship Samsung’s for me to decide I wouldn’t buy another Samsung product - ANYTHING - every again. Every one of them ended up at Samsung repair for hardware failure not caused by me (one of them for 4 months). Samsung customer care is a joke.

It’s not like I didn’t give them multiple chances. The last was the S7. But Samsung can suck it as far as I’m concerned.

Now I just have to be patient until 3AM on 10/27.

LOL.
That happened to me too, I tried the Note 3 and Note 5, both turned out to be disappointing after a few months.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL.
That happened to me too, I tried the Note 3 and Note 5, both turned out to be disappointing after a few months.

The worst was my Galaxy S Vibrant (the first Galaxy flagship). I went into the store for an iPhone and somehow got talked into...that. I owned it for 62 days when the main board fried on it. There was a quiet recall happening on it, it was so bad Bell had extended DOA periods to 60 days (they made an exception for me). The DOA deal they worked out meant it had to be sent to Samsung for repair. I sent it in September and got it back NEW YEARS EVE.

People got the CRTC ombudsman involved, Samsung claimed they didn’t have enough spare parts to repair all the recall phones and finally just sent out new ones ...4 months later.

Why I bought two more Samsung after that, I’ll never know. I shoulda just gotten my iPhone 4 to begin with

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The worst was my Galaxy S Vibrant (the first Galaxy flagship). I went into the store for an iPhone and somehow got talked into...that. I owned it for 62 days when the main board fried on it. There was a quiet recall happening on it, it was so bad Bell had extended DOA periods to 60 days (they made an exception for me). The DOA deal they worked out meant it had to be sent to Samsung for repair. I sent it in September and got it back NEW YEARS EVE.

People got the CRTC ombudsman involved, Samsung claimed they didn’t have enough spare parts to repair all the recall phones and finally just sent out new ones ...4 months later.

Why I bought two more Samsung after that, I’ll never know. I shoulda just gotten my iPhone 4 to begin with

At least we learnt from our mistakes
The X is going to be

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods