Galaxy S8 Anyone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for getting the thread back on track and understanding that there will always be differences of opinions and experiences. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Seems like things have mostly settled down but let's remember to keep things civil, please.

If you're having an issue with another member, we do have an ignore option you might want to use for a bit. I know it has helped for me in the past, and you can always disable it once things settle down a bit.

Have a great day, all. :)

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I think you can set every app on iOS to not use location if you don't use the app. That way it only uses your location when you are in app.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The gray speck. I had bought the blue, gray, and black all at Best Buy at the same time since it was 25% off for 3.
757d7661f038fad89c3e77d4011fe4e5.jpg

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
@Garz you got rid of the 7 and went S8? Apologies if I haven't read this thread in its entirety...
How the difference in size and battery life ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
@Garz you got rid of the 7 and went S8? Apologies if I haven't read this thread in its entirety...
How the difference in size and battery life ?
I have the plus but haven't used it in a month. Bezeless phone are so much easier to hold. Battery is excellent.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, considering a change myself iOS works but perhaps just a change of a different OS and form factor

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's obvious I've been missing out lol. I'm quite impressed with this S8. Some pretty excellent features that I would LOVE to see iOS bring on board. And the design is incredible. I now understand the beauty in the bezel-less devices. Watching a video and the image appears to fall off the screen. It really is a great device. Audio call quality is pretty horrible though. I don't know if it's the fact that my S8 is on Sprint whereas my 7 plus is on Verizon. Or if it's the device itself. But there is a definite difference in quality there. Gonna play around with the cameras tomorrow.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
That's the one I want to hear about. I've been feeling Blackberry sentimental

Forgot to get back to you. When to the Canadian KEYone launch last week in Toronto, all I have to say is nobody is going to complain about the build quality or the battery life

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly I haven’t yet. But I should.

I want it bad. Not sure I can commit to leaving Verizon's excellent coverage in my area and through our travels. Afraid they'd let me down. I have perfect use scenario for it though. Work and personal.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I want it bad. Not sure I can commit to leaving Verizon's excellent coverage in my area and through our travels. Afraid they'd let me down. I have perfect use scenario for it though. Work and personal.
I hear you. See where I live, Verizon struggles to get more than 1 bar. So they aren't even an option. Tmo is solid and very fast here. I mean very fast.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I hear you. See where I live, Verizon struggles to get more than 1 bar. So they aren't even an option. Tmo is solid and very fast here. I mean very fast.

Verizon really slowed down in my area compared to what it was. Lucky to see 15-20mb down lately.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I want to try that Digits. Played with it any @Garz?

Great service and it's working flawlessly. Great thing with the S8/S8+ is that is one of the few phones (I think LG G6 is the other one) that is integreated to the phone, no Digits app to download so it integrates perfectly to the Phone and Messages apps. Been using it since it was released last week and I'm really impressed by it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner