Galaxy S8 Anyone?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. I've always been annoyed that Samsung hasn't upgraded the sim tray to a metal one of some sort
Is there something wrong with having hard plastic? :)

I can't say for others but, the only time I ever touch my SIM card tray is when I get a new phone and I'm putting in the new SIM card. I might touch it again if for some reason I'm switching operators. So whether it's plastic or metal, doesn't matter that much to me.

What would having a metal one improve on? 😃 I think it's just a cost cutting area for Samsung that customers would really notice.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Is there something wrong with having hard plastic? :)

I can't say for others but, the only time I ever touch my SIM card tray is when I get a new phone and I'm putting in the new SIM card. I might touch it again if for some reason I'm switching operators. So whether it's plastic or metal, doesn't matter that much to me.

What would having a metal one improve on? I think it's just a cost cutting area for Samsung that customers would really notice.

For the awkward people with bad finger dexterity that can't handle an SD card and a SIM card in the same tray without one popping out and getting hung up on the way in. For me, I'd appreciate a metal one more. It just feels a lot less fragile to me. I've never broken one, but there's been times I've been worried about it

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For the awkward people with bad finger dexterity that can't handle an SD card and a SIM card in the same tray without one popping out and getting hung up on the way in. For me, I'd appreciate a metal one more. It just feels a lot less fragile to me. I've never broken one, but there's been times I've been worried about it

Once you snap the SD card onto the tray, it's not going anywhere. If you didn't hear the click then it's not properly inserted. Then you put sim and insert. It's very simple.

Last edited:

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is nice on droid till that one rogue app. Apple has banned entry from such battery hogs mostly. (Xcept Facebook lol)

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is nice on droid till that one rogue app. Apple has banned entry from such battery hogs mostly. (Xcept Facebook lol)

Then you haven't read my threads months ago about the horrible battery drain I had and hundreds of people posting on the same threads on different forums with the same issue.

To give you a summary, Apple should have paid me (maybe give me some upcoming iPhones for free for a couple of years), do you know how many phones were replaced because of this? the amount of time they spent giving support to those customers. Somehow I managed to found the culprit and once I notified them they acknowledge it and told me that they were going to fix it. The issue was the iCloud for Windows application installed as an optional component during the iTunes installation. After more than a month with the issue, 3 different phones and hundreds and hundreds of minutes on the phone with Apple Care, by uninstalling iCloud for Windows the problem was fixed.

But, just saying, some iPhone users still thinks that iPhones are perfect and don't suffer from issues seeing on Android, but man, yes they so have similar issues and things like this one you don't hear about them because somehow they manage to get them hidden from Press or Online Blogs and Publications.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, initially it's what I expected as far as build....normal Samsung feels very plasticy , I'll be putting it in a case to protect it for sure. I've never been a fan of light devices as I always feel light means cheap components. But I will say the camera is crazy good. Spit screen is really nice for multitasking

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Well, initially it's what I expected as far as build....normal Samsung feels very plasticy , I'll be putting it in a case to protect it for sure. I've never been a fan of light devices as I always feel light means cheap components. But I will say the camera is crazy good. Spit screen is really nice for multitasking

I'm not going to tell you what you can feel or not, that's your opinion and I respect it, but come on, "Plasticy"...? I mean the phone is Metal and Crystal and it feels like it, my Orchid Grey looks just unbelievably great, I just get compliment after compliment from people that as soon as they see it they want to try it, and the first thing they told me is how great it looks and feel in the hand. I have the Samsung OEM Clear protective Case (Orchid Grey) and it's just barely there, it even enhances the feel in hand plus the back color also enhances the already great looking color.

I must say that the one color that didn't give me the best impression was the Black one, kind of like the way the iPhone Jet Black looks and feels, we can say feel like some kind of plastic, I think that it's just the extra painting coat on the borders.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not going to tell you what you can feel or not, that's your opinion and I respect it, but come on, "Plasticy"...? I mean the phone is Metal and Crystal and it feels like it, my Orchid Grey looks just unbelievably great, I just get compliment after compliment from people that as soon as they see it they want to try it, and the first thing they told me is how great it looks and feel in the hand. I have the Samsung OEM Clear protective Case (Orchid Grey) and it's just barely there, it even enhances the feel in hand plus the back color also enhances the already great looking color.

I must say that the one color that didn't give me the best impression was the Black one, kind of like the way the iPhone Jet Black looks and feels, we can say feel like some kind of plastic, I think that it's just the extra painting coat on the borders.
The appearance is stunning , no doubt it's metal...its the light weight thats throwing me off. The screen is beautiful. I assume the same screen that will be going into the new iPhone. The colour is phenomenal

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I should have a fair amount of detail this week... ill post some picks of what I have going on later in the week....the suspense builds......

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

The S8+ is made of aluminum and glass, but it does feel plasticy. I know because I had one for a week or so.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Tinfoil is used to cover vegetables while cooking on the grill.

The difference between you and me is that I had the problem, I posted about the problem here, on the Apple forums and in other forums and blogs and then I posted the solution, I, myself found and if you don't want to believe that it was a huge problem, and it may still be if they haven't found the iCloud for Windows issue that was causing it, that's your problem. They are far, too far, from perfect, dozens and dozens of people posting, me too, and just telling their stories on getting new replacements just to get the same problem confirms it.

Now, the big question, have you read something about it? If you don't come to this forums, did you know about people having these huge battery drain issues? It's simple, no. Good for them, PR is great for business.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods