Galaxy S8 Anyone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Compared to my iPhone 7 my galaxy s8 is very snappy. I am pleasantly surprised.
I still think my 7 plus is slightly more snappy but the s8 is just right behind it. The s8 is so much more snappy than the s7 edge I had. For android, the s8 is very snappy.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I honestly feel my galaxy is way faster and battery life is certainly better on it. Might be my phone though. I've had problems (albeit minor) with my iPhone this round
I do agree the s8+ has better battery than the 7 plus. Most reviews I read or YouTube videos I watched seems most agreed as well. The s8+ kills the battery on the 7 plus though while watching tons of video. That I have noticed.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I do agree the s8+ has better battery than the 7 plus. Most reviews I read or YouTube videos I watched seems most agreed as well. The s8+ kills the battery on the 7 plus though while watching tons of video. That I have noticed.

Am I reading this right? The S8+ does better on battery while watching video? That's impressive considering the higher resolution screen.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I still think my 7 plus is slightly more snappy but the s8 is just right behind it. The s8 is so much more snappy than the s7 edge I had. For android, the s8 is very snappy.

Agreed, it's definitely very fast for an android and compared to pixel that says a lot. But it's the over time lag I'm concerned about. Since it's toned down a lot Sammy might have fixed that concern.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Regarding battery life, we are comparing one that has a 1800+ mah battery and one has a 3000 mah. Imagine the iPhone with a 3000mah battery........ now that would be sick

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Regarding battery life, we are comparing one that has a 1800+ mah battery and one has a 3000 mah. Imagine the iPhone with a 3000mah battery........ now that would be sick

Agreed on this!!

My galaxy has so much battery after my long days. It's amazing! I never got that with my iPhone. But I'm hoping Apple will do something great in September.

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
They all have their pros and cons, but being someone someone live to take something new for a spin I ordered an s8 yesterday. I going to take it for a test drive for a couple of weeks and decide if I'm going to keep it for a hit or not

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Am I reading this right? The S8+ does better on battery while watching video? That's impressive considering the higher resolution screen.

Yes. It really exceeded iPhone while watching video in my experiences. I was kind of shocked to be honest.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes. It really exceeded iPhone while watching video in my experiences. I was kind of shocked to be honest.
I agree. It feels like LCD vs Picture tube to me and battery lasts so well on my S8+. And if I burn through it the fast charge is awesome. But there are plenty I miss on my iPhone. I feel it's substantially better in low light, I feel the keyboard is far less picky and it's smooth and I feel like I have a lot fewer errors when typing. And iMessage is a wonderful tool as nobody in the states over 30 uses Whatsapp or any messaging app.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the 7plus to the S8 and have made the S8 my daily driver. There are things on the iPhone I miss but it is all in the ecosystem. The S8 for me is just more comfortable to carry and the deciding factor is it gets signal in my work where my iPhone, although picks up signal, it cannot use it, so while I can use the web and talk on the S8, the 7plus wont do anything but send a text in my work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods