Galaxy S8 Anyone?

mundo472

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
iPhone users have fervent loyalty similar to BlackBerry devotees. In switching to Android I felt like I was leaving my loyal dog tied to a tree in the woods.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
iPhone users have fervent loyalty similar to BlackBerry devotees. In switching to Android I felt like I was leaving my loyal dog tied to a tree in the woods.

Lol. That's funny. Definitely some truth to it though. I definitely don't have that loyalty like I did with blackberry years ago, but I know many that do. I'll continue to use what works best for me at the time. Right now that's the iPhone.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
As long as we see a new iPhone like the 8 they are describing, I'll buy it. But I wont buy a 7S.
It will be new design for sure but will only have 2-3 big changes. Apple likes to play it safe... It'll still be behind S8+ honestly...

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It will be new design for sure but will only have 2-3 big changes. Apple likes to play it safe... It'll still be behind S8+ honestly...

Obviously all of this is speculation until we see what Apple actually does, but how do you think the "iPhone 8" will be behind the S8+? In what ways?

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Obviously all of this is speculation until we see what Apple actually does, but how do you think the "iPhone 8" will be behind the S8+? In what ways?
I feel the S8+, personally, is currently leaps and bounds a head of apple. Apple only likes to make 2-3 big changes at a time and compared to S8 I don't feel apple only making 2-3 big changes this next iteration will "be enough" to get them even, much less exceed, what the Samsungs current offerings are. I truly hope Apple goes all out this next round and amazes us all but with their history of device updates I just don't see it. It IS time for them to go big however as last few device updates have been better processor and camera, but this round a a better processor, camera and new design just isn't going to be enough in my opinion.

I. Hope. Apple. Proves. Me. Wrong.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.

Feeling the same way over here. It feels like I am going back in time when I pick up my iPhone 7+ now. Assuming you got the 8+ though Samsung Insights? I got the email and the survey, but apparently I wasn't picked. Bummer lol.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I feel the S8+, personally, is currently leaps and bounds a head of apple. Apple only likes to make 2-3 big changes at a time and compared to S8 I don't feel apple only making 2-3 big changes this next iteration will "be enough" to get them even, much less exceed, what the Samsungs current offerings are. I truly hope Apple goes all out this next round and amazes us all but with their history of device updates I just don't see it. It IS time for them to go big however as last few device updates have been better processor and camera, but this round a a better processor, camera and new design just isn't going to be enough in my opinion.

I. Hope. Apple. Proves. Me. Wrong.

So, in your opinion, it's the number of changes that make one phone better than the other? Am I reading you correct?

I guess I look at actual use to determine what is better for me. The S8 is the prettier phone and has a higher screen to body ratio. No question. Beyond that, I don't know what the S8 is better at. I guess that was my original question. Beyond looks, what does the S8 do better than the 7 Plus? I am asking because I have not used one, not because I am trying to argue. :) For example, when I used the Note 7. I felt is was better than the 7 Plus in that it used the big screen better by providing the S-Pen functions and actual split screen. The S-Pen is a difference maker for me. I am not sure what that difference maker is with the S8.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Feeling the same way over here. It feels like I am going back in time when I pick up my iPhone 7+ now. Assuming you got the 8+ though Samsung Insights? I got the email and the survey, but apparently I wasn't picked. Bummer lol.
Yes I got it through the Insights program. Received it Monday. They sent me the coupon code to order last Friday.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
S8 is ahead of apple in terms of hardware design and some features, I don't think anyone would deny it. Personally, im not a fan of the curved screen and and that ratio but that's why this is all subjective. With that said, in most cases I still think apple is ahead of android in terms of software (performance, optimization). Samsung has showed their cards now its apples turn, lets see what they do.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes I got it through the Insights program. Received it Monday. They sent me the coupon code to order last Friday.

I am anxiously awaiting my s8. Was hoping to get it today. Still haven't gotten that shipping email though. Maybe tomorrow.

Update: just got my shipping order should be here by the 8th.

Last edited:

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah samsung sent me a free s8+ and VR. My 7 plus is working as a paper weight these days.
Same. I love the s8+.

Have a pelican voyager on that has an included screen protector for now but have a zagg sapphire defense curve on the way and probably will get the otterbox symmetry for it as well. What color did you get? Got black here. And a wireless charging pad and a memory card among other things lol

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Bummer. Yeah my email came the night before it arrived.

I just looked at the shipping email again and it looks like it is for the VR headset. Still no s8 shipping order. I can't get it fast enough. After having the guy fix my ip7 screen I hate it. This galaxy will be right on time.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Same. I love the s8+.

Have a pelican voyager on that has an included screen protector for now but have a zagg sapphire defense curve on the way and probably will get the otterbox symmetry for it as well. What color did you get? Got black here. And a wireless charging pad and a memory card among other things lol
I got orchid gray. Yeah I had the wireless charger from my s7 edge and already had 64 GB memory card. I got rhe blue speck presidio