Slow if ever updates
Low resale
Poor customer service
Touchwiz ok when new soon becomes a lag fest
Oversaturated screen/colours
Curved Screen
Ugly back with case

I could go on and on and on and on.

You make a good point with most of these. However, poor customer service has nothing to do with the S8. For instances ordering/buying/getting assistance from Verizon could give you better customer service than T-mobile.

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is getting an S8 for a second phone of dropping their iPhone completely.
IMO, the phone looks amazing but but besides that nothing is exciting me. After using android for so many year I kind of know what to expect later down the road with slowdowns, etc.

Meh...I had my fair time with android. I prefer consistency, and that if nothing else you can get with Apple. From a aesthetic view, hands down its not even close! But that's how they reel you in. Before you know it, the looks and feel of the device wont be enough to continue the love affair(IMO). Software is Apple's bread and butter, and it seems to be the kryptonite of all Android devices. If hardware is your main attraction then, hands down the S8 is your device.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
You make a good point with most of these. However, poor customer service has nothing to do with the S8. For instances ordering/buying/getting assistance from Verizon could give you better customer service than T-mobile.

Not everyone on here lives in US you know? Poor customer service has everything to do with the S8 as its a SAMSUNG. Where i live if you have a problem with a iPhone the last place you go is back to your Telco, you go to Apple and will have a replacement or over the phone help straight up, no sending away and waiting weeks for Samsung to access and then send it back not fixed. They are a nightmare to deal with.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a s8 a few days ago, along with a Gear S3. This is my first Samsung phone (and watch). Loving both so far...maybe even a little more than I was expecting! It's definitely nice getting back to a somewhat normal size phone without having to sacrifice much screen size.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a s8 a few days ago, along with a Gear S3. This is my first Samsung phone (and watch). Loving both so far...maybe even a little more than I was expecting! It's definitely nice getting back to a somewhat normal size phone without having to sacrifice much screen size.
When I switched from my 7+ and AW2 I was worried because I loved having a watch to compliment my phone so I got a gear S3 to go with my S8+ and I love this combo also.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.
Alot of awesomes between them both, for sure. S8+ has been good enough to steer me away from my 7+ since I got it 👌

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

The software overall was a better experience?

brian_84

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site

The form factor I can understand but how was the transition to Android and the curved screen?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I think when the iPhone 8 comes out then it'll be a different story. IMO 2017 is going to be a big year for Apple. We have the new Watches, iPhone 8, the MacPro refresh unveiled hopefully, iOS 11 (we hardly know anything about) and this new speaker that came out of nowhere. I'm excited to see where the rest of the year goes.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think when the iPhone 8 comes out then it'll be a different story. IMO 2017 is going to be a big year for Apple. We have the new Watches, iPhone 8, the MacPro refresh unveiled hopefully, iOS 11 (we hardly know anything about) and this new speaker that came out of nowhere. I'm excited to see where the rest of the year goes.

It better be. 3 years on the same phone design is no excuse in this day of technology.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It better be. 3 years on the same phone design is no excuse in this day of technology.

It'll be even worse though if a 7S and 7S+ come out then it'd be going on 4 years which is crazy! There's been speculation that there would be three models this year and I could see that release the S models for those who are upgrading from a 6/S or even 5 series phone then have the 8 for the diehards who really want something different.

I can't wait for WWDC then we'll have a better idea of what's to come. At least I hope LOL.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It'll be even worse though if a 7S and 7S+ come out then it'd be going on 4 years which is crazy! There's been speculation that there would be three models this year and I could see that release the S models for those who are upgrading from a 6/S or even 5 series phone then have the 8 for the diehards who really want something different.

I can't wait for WWDC then we'll have a better idea of what's to come. At least I hope LOL.
As long as we see a new iPhone like the 8 they are describing, I'll buy it. But I wont buy a 7S.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they are dropping the iPhone 8 yet. Still have another year b fo e that one is closer

We don't know if it will be called the iPhone 8 or iPhone edition or what, but it's been pretty well documented that there will be a higher end phone beyond the 7S and 7S Plus coming later this year. All indications seem to point to a release at least a couple months after the 7S and 7S Plus. This is the phone that is being referred to as the iPhone 8. I'll be surprised if that is what it's called but it works for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro