Galaxy S8 Anyone?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Got an email today. Will be getting a galaxy s8 with vr control for free. I guess I will have to download and use some Samsung insight app for a year and then they give me the phone. Talk about timing. I just typed a post here earlier today about this one. I also had a note 5 for 30 days (I think) 2 years ago in some Samsung program I signed up for.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+. So far I'm really liking the S8+. It's not perfect by any means, but no phone is. I switch back and forth a good bit b/c I'm on JoD with T-Mo so I can switch every few months. iMessage, Continuity, and my Apple Watch always bring me back to Apple, but as of now I'm satisfied with the S8+

A few thoughts: I'm finally getting used to the FPS location. It's def not as easy as my 7 Plus, but not a huge issue. MMS has gotten better. Videos are still grainy and bad compared to using iMessage, but photos come in much more clear than they did with my Note 7. The overall size of the S8+ is great!!! The display is beautiful and bright.... And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this version of TouchWiz (never thought I'd type those words). There's something really nice about the wire frame icons and the navigation buttons. They just look really modern to me. And yes, I already miss my Apple Watch!!!!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Even though I returned mine the freaking iris scanner was the coolest thing about that phone! It worked with my sunglasses on and even in the dark in my bedroom.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+. So far I'm really liking the S8+. It's not perfect by any means, but no phone is. I switch back and forth a good bit b/c I'm on JoD with T-Mo so I can switch every few months. iMessage, Continuity, and my Apple Watch always bring me back to Apple, but as of now I'm satisfied with the S8+

A few thoughts: I'm finally getting used to the FPS location. It's def not as easy as my 7 Plus, but not a huge issue. MMS has gotten better. Videos are still grainy and bad compared to using iMessage, but photos come in much more clear than they did with my Note 7. The overall size of the S8+ is great!!! The display is beautiful and bright.... And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this version of TouchWiz (never thought I'd type those words). There's something really nice about the wire frame icons and the navigation buttons. They just look really modern to me. And yes, I already miss my Apple Watch!!!!

I couldn't part with my Apple Watch! I'd be so lost!!

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't part with my Apple Watch! I'd be so lost!!

Really? I had a Moro 360, wasn't impressed...I honestly don't see much difference from Apple Watch in the video reviews or in person. Just curious, what are your most important features?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Really? I had a Moro 360, wasn't impressed...I honestly don't see much difference from Apple Watch in the video reviews or in person. Just curious, what are your most important features?
I had a Moto 360 as well. I didn't like it, but I love my Apple Watch.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I had a Samsung Gear s2 before the Apple Watch. I just feel that Apple Watch is less...clunky. Maybe that's the word I'm looking for? Everything works a lot better in the Apple Watch for me. Workouts. Tracking everything. Heart rate monitor seems way more accurate than my gear s2.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a Samsung Gear s2 before the Apple Watch. I just feel that Apple Watch is less...clunky. Maybe that's the word I'm looking for? Everything works a lot better in the Apple Watch for me. Workouts. Tracking everything. Heart rate monitor seems way more accurate than my gear s2.

I have a charge hr which I love, it's simple and tracks my activity enough. Did you ever have a Fitbit or other fitness tracker before, and prefer the Apple Watch? I like the way the Apple Watch looks, but the recharge every day holds me back...charge hr battery lasts 5 days. I don't care for notifications. Can I shut off all notifications (other than calls) and have it only do fitness tracking?

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a charge hr which I love, it's simple and tracks my activity enough. Did you ever have a Fitbit or other fitness tracker before, and prefer the Apple Watch? I like the way the Apple Watch looks, but the recharge every day holds me back...charge hr battery lasts 5 days. I don't care for notifications. Can I shut off all notifications (other than calls) and have it only do fitness tracking?

I've had a Fitbit Charge and Charge HR and prefer the Apple Watch to it. It tracks steps more accurately I believe. I had to wear both for a few months last year for work.They would sync Fitbit but not Apple health, I got to ditch it in February this year when they finally allowed Apple health to sync. But on my Apple Watch I would have ~10,000 steps and on the Fitbit I'd have close to 18,000 steps.

My Apple Watch I can charger every other day and I get text and call notifications, I also track my daily workouts and walks. I have all other notifications shut off. You can do that via the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I've never used the 360 but I did use the Samsung S2. That was a good watch and I actually liked using the bezel to get around the interface. It was a good experience. I always felt like it was so close to being a great experience. The Apple Watch feels more like an extension of of my iPhone. Calls, texts, workouts, to do lists, reminders, various health apps that I use, they all work seamlessly. You just won't find that on any android watches. Not from what I've seen anyway.

I also watched a number of reviews of the Apple Watch. I really didn't see any that really showed how useful the Watch is in day to day use. I think it will vary from person to person but I think it's a great piece of tech that's really useful.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I picked one up as a second phone to my 7 plus. Overall it's a really solid phone, and better than previous galaxy phones. But I couldn't give up my iPhone completely.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never used the 360 but I did use the Samsung S2. That was a good watch and I actually liked using the bezel to get around the interface. It was a good experience. I always felt like it was so close to being a great experience. The Apple Watch feels more like an extension of of my iPhone. Calls, texts, workouts, to do lists, reminders, various health apps that I use, they all work seamlessly. You just won't find that on any android watches. Not from what I've seen anyway.

I also watched a number of reviews of the Apple Watch. I really didn't see any that really showed how useful the Watch is in day to day use. I think it will vary from person to person but I think it's a great piece of tech that's really useful.

Oh I forgot about the bezel!! I did like that, it was super useful!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Fitbit Charge and Charge HR and prefer the Apple Watch to it. It tracks steps more accurately I believe. I had to wear both for a few months last year for work.They would sync Fitbit but not Apple health, I got to ditch it in February this year when they finally allowed Apple health to sync. But on my Apple Watch I would have ~10,000 steps and on the Fitbit I'd have close to 18,000 steps.

My Apple Watch I can charger every other day and I get text and call notifications, I also track my daily workouts and walks. I have all other notifications shut off. You can do that via the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.

Fitbit step tracking is a joke. It would track steps if I lifted my arm to point at something.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Fitbit step tracking is a joke. It would track steps if I lifted my arm to point at something.

Oh I hated it!! I only wore it til my employer finally allowed syncing with the Apple Watch. I mean I'm sure the Apple Watch isn't perfect but it is tons closer than the Fitbit.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I found this USED to be the case but not so much anymore, i can actually swing my arms and it doesnt track it as steps. When i go on the treadmill i have to really use motion for it to be captured, regular walking it seems to be pretty close. If apples watch did a better job id be very interested but that battery life...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I feel like with 3.2 my Apple Watch step tracking became less reliable. I slept in my AW, and would get 3 stand hours without getting out of bed as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods