Galaxy S8 Anyone?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I gave a good friend who works for VERIZON. At her store the sales have their issues. Says it's a beautiful phone. No denying that. I think it's gorgeous but I don't like it. But the reps aren't happy because the screen protectors are subpar. Not easy to apply and they don't west well. Said their iPhone sales in her store are better than the new S8.

I bought my 7+ last weekend, I saw an S7 sell but no S8. I am sure I'll see them start circulating shortly, I haven't see one in the wild yet.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I shouldn't text that close to bed..

Anyways just trying ask what strings or requirements are there? Is it a pain in the bottom? So I was being sleepy and asked how many hoops getting a free one required one to jump through lol 😜
You have to do a periodic survey. Giving feedback of the phone. As long as you do that, you keep the phone. The feedback is over a 12 month period.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have two friends that got it and they had asked my opinion before they made the move to it. I had suggested the iphone because they both are rough on their phones but they got the S8 instead. They have always used Samsung like me so making a switch was tough decision for them. I just think they would had been happier with the 7plus.
I haven't heard from them yet on how they are liking it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have two friends that got it and they had asked my opinion before they made the move to it. I had suggested the iphone because they both are rough on their phones but they got the S8 instead. They have always used Samsung like me so making a switch was tough decision for them. I just think they would had been happier with the 7plus.
I haven't heard from them yet on how they are liking it.
It's cool that you don't have an interest in this phone. Everybody should go with what they want. But with you having no interest, why do you keep trolling this thread?

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Had the s7 edge and now 7 plus and to me the difference is jewellery against brick-like working machine made of steel.
I prefer the work oriented approach.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I've had the S8+ since 4/24 and I am enjoying it very much. The screen is just beautiful and the fingerprint scanner is not a problem for me. I used my 7+ with two hands and I use my S8+ with two hands so...same difference. I will say that using the iPhone taught me that I don't have to modify my phone (jailbreak/root) to have an enjoyable experience so stock it is with a black theme from the Samsung app store. I also haven't been a fan of TW but I don't think the version on the S8+ is bad at all. I kinda like it. 🤤

Funny thing is I miss posting in the iMore forum more than I miss my iPhone.

I still have my 7+ and can switch my sim whenever I feel like though. ☺

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S8+ since 4/24 and I am enjoying it very much. The screen is just beautiful and the fingerprint scanner is not a problem for me. I used my 7+ with two hands and I use my S8+ with two hands so...same difference. I will say that using the iPhone taught me that I don't have to modify my phone (jailbreak/root) to have an enjoyable experience so stock it is with a black theme from the Samsung app store. I also haven't been a fan of TW but I don't think the version on the S8+ is bad at all. I kinda like it. 🤤

Well said 👌👐

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site

I agree and I really enjoy my phone for most of the same reasons plus expandable memory. I wish Apple would just allow some customization of home screens and expandable storage.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I agree and I really enjoy my phone for most of the same reasons plus expandable memory. I wish Apple would just allow some customization of home screens and expandable storage.
Yeah, some simple customization would be nice; especially no background behind the dock icons. I loathe that stupid background lol.

Expandable memory is nice. I have the 256gb 7+ but have never come close to using all that space. I also purchased a 256gb sdcard for the S8+ because I rather have and not need than need and not have.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Lol. I have been thinking of going with the galaxy s8. I have had my iPhone 7 since release day and absolutely love it. The problem is, I dropped it before Christmas and cracked the screen. By the time I got around to getting it fixed I realized the camera lens is cracked as well. I have heard people having to pay apple the whole $319 to fix these problems as opposed to the $129 for only the screen. So I made a silly choice. I had a screen repair guy come out and fix it. He did and it does work, but the replacement screen is not oem quality. It also lost the waterproofing. But the kicker for me which I didn't realize, until today at work when I looked at my screen with polarized ray bans on, and I can't see the screen. I should have asked more questions but it was the first time I had someone beside Apple do a repair like this.

So I am looking at the galaxy s8 for $15 a month with trade in on Verizon.

I might have the camera lens repaired by the guy who fixed my screen for $30, then go to apple and see if they will replace the screen for $129. If they won't do it I might go back to the galaxy s8 till the new iPhone drops this year.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is getting an S8 for a second phone of dropping their iPhone completely.
IMO, the phone looks amazing but but besides that nothing is exciting me. After using android for so many year I kind of know what to expect later down the road with slowdowns, etc.
I got rid of my iPhone 7 Plus for an s8+. Haven't regretted it since. Battery life and reliability thus far are comparable. Speed and ease of use also comparable. The display and footprint is significantly better. They put a better, bigger screen in a smaller or same size chassis. Ridiculously awesome.

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I got rid of my iPhone 7 Plus for an s8+. Haven't regretted it since. Battery life and reliability thus far are comparable. Speed and ease of use also comparable. The display and footprint is significantly better. They put a better, bigger screen in a smaller or same size chassis. Ridiculously awesome.
I could say the same exact thing ! I normally am on the iPhone train and go back and try Android phones but end up not liking them. This time it's a keeper !!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice