Galaxy S8 Anyone?

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Got myself a S8+ three days ago and actually love it that much that my 7 Plus has been in the drawer for three days. The longest I have left my iPhone since I got the 3Gs ☺️

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I am very tempted to get the S8, but then I remember why I switched to the 7 Plus after getting every Samsung phone that came out for over 6 years. I love the look of the Samsung phones, but got sick of the fragmentation and lack of support. My 7 Plus still works like it did the day I took it out of the box. Something I've never been able to say after using a Samsung for this length of time. For the first time ever, I'm skipping a Galaxy device.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the s8 and after a year on Android I'm switching back tomorrow. I do not like the s8 at all. I don't like the new touch wiz. I didn't mind the old. And the finger print sensor is not good for me. So time to come back.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I will never understand why comparing Apple to Samsung. The two are vastly different. Probably cause the two most competitive. But should be compared to another Android. But it will continue to be the battle between the two. I am very much happy with switching. A friend of mine and her husband got the new Samsung S8. They asked my opinion and although I suggested because he is tough on phones and it being new to go with Apple they still chose Samsung. So don't ask me then. Lol

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't reach the damn fingerprint sensor comfortably. I tried for three days. The major thing that made me return the S8+ was my young daughter and her refusal to learn a new contact method besides FaceTime

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Lols....

19027e6e231322625adf8c6e1b71e194.jpg

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My honeymoon with my S8+ lasted seven days. This evening I packed it up and will return it tomorrow Just can't leave iOS

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had an S8+ for a few days and returned it today. I picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB instead. I really don't like Android anymore. I like that iPhones are only updated once a year so I don't have to feel like I need to upgrade every time a new phone is released. I love it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My honeymoon with my S8+ lasted seven days. This evening I packed it up and will return it tomorrow Just can't leave iOS

I think that is what would happen to me. I appreciate a lot of what Samsung did with the S8, but I know I would miss my 7 Plus after about a week if not less. It happens almost every time I go back to android. I'm trying to just control my urges and avoid the hassle.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

What?! How have you had it 7 days?! Which carrier did you get it through?

I had an S8+ for a few days and returned it today. I picked up the PRODUCT red iPhone 7 Plus 256GB instead. I really don't like Android anymore. I like that iPhones are only updated once a year so I don't have to feel like I need to upgrade every time a new phone is released. I love it.

Bahaha I thought you were over the moon for it, at least that's what I gathered from reading your posts in the S8/+ forums.

I think that is what would happen to me. I appreciate a lot of what Samsung did with the S8, but I know I would miss my 7 Plus after about a week if not less. It happens almost every time I go back to android. I'm trying to just control my urges and avoid the hassle.

Yeah I'm in the exact same spot. I just love iOS to much and I'm so invested in it over the last 5 years it's pointless to switch and I've spent a ton on jailbreak tweaks and plan to buy more once I can jailbreak again. I'd actually prefer a jailbroken iPhone over any Android.

All the home screen setups I saw on the S8 forum are ugly as all get up. Now the opposite is true of the jailbreak themes I've seen on Reddit most if not all are freaking amazing with the exception of a few being vomit inducing.

I'm returning the S8+ I got on Friday this week as well mine has the stupid pink hue on the edges problem.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I have noticed this happening for years being on these forums. People come here, post about how they either are tired of Apple and want more control over their device or just want to try something new, then they come back, like, right away.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My honeymoon with the S8+ lasted for 2.5 days. I don't regret trying it out, but I'm happier on the Apple side of things.

I felt the proverbial dread of not getting quick and efficient updates. And today I read that Verizon basically murdered the best of Bixby

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed this happening for years being on these forums. People come here, post about how they either are tired of Apple and want more control over their device or just want to try something new, then they come back, like, right away.

And that's just it, people get bored too easily. I'm good as long as the device does everything I need and all the apps are there that I could possibly want. If I am happy with something I stick with it.

Who can argue with the power of the iPhone 7, I posted the article that shows it beats anything Sammy will come up with in the next year basically.

In a week it will be one month that I have had this 7 and I still can't believe how blazing fast it is even on this crappy wifi where I am visiting. I get nothing more than 4.5 Mbps speed here and it still feels 10 times faster than my 5C I just traded.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
You've never been sad faced by a six year old with an iPad that wants to FaceTime you while you're living five hours away for six months

Well I have an almost three year old of my own and when Nana and poppy FaceTime, we have to fun around and find the iPad. Now that I have the 7 plus I always know I can be reached on FaceTime!

It's really so silly BC there are so many other video apps to use, but once you are on iOS you can't make the iOS owners use those other apps

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Bahaha I thought you were over the moon for it, at least that's what I gathered from reading your posts in the S8/+ forums.

The honeymoon period was brief. I changed my mind last night and this morning when I was out all day yesterday and the battery life only managed a little over 4 hours SoT. My iPhone 7 Plus got better battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73