Galaxy S8 Anyone?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If I'm being completely honest...I couldn't care less. Lol.

That's just me personally. If the phone works and does what I need it to do, I don't care what tests and papers say. Nor do I care if my phone is more powerful than my neighbors phone. As long as my needs are met, I'm good.

I'll take the device that is more Future Proof and that appears to be the iPhone 7 at this point. I don't care about "customization" etc or things like that.

To each their own eh

majeep15

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
No I won't be getting the S8. I did consider getting the S8 plus to use as a secondary phone as I won't give up my iPhone. However ultimately I'd rather have another iPhone as I'd get more use out of it.

The S8 is a lovely looking phone but it doesn't run iOS and won't play with all of my other Apple devices (Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TVs and MacBook).

For the amount it costs I would like better long term support and customer service.

I agree with this. I'm waiting for the Note 8 to have as a secondary phone. I'm content with the 7+ and won't be jumping to the 8. Maybe wait another year for  to release some significant change regarding camera specs.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the device that is more Future Proof and that appears to be the iPhone 7 at this point. I don't care about "customization" etc or things like that.

To each their own eh

I upgrade annually. Being "future proof" means very little. For those who don't though, I understand it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I don't like how AZ the LTE with Apple is weak but it's not enough for me to give it all up. My cellular is quick for me being just in cellular. It's nothing against Apple. Glad they can admit it's the antenna in AZ on Verizon. That impresses me not trying to hide the issue from customers. Keeping LTE off my phone runs great My brother is in TX. No issues

LillyISabelle

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Nope Jumped ship from galaxy very slow updates I wish I could sell this thing but its in contract being paid off I love my iOS system its much more fluid and easier to use

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I know that I am in the minority here but I have switched over to the galaxy s8. Why?
1. Design . Because of the fact that I am very vain and superficial and I absolutely love the design. As of this moment in time there is no other phone out there that is more breathtaking to look at imo. They got rid of the bezels made the camera flush and kept the headphone jack. I guess they didn't have enough courage to get rid of it.

BT 5.0. It makes it possible to actually use bluetooth headphones from more than a room away. It can be charging in one room while I am cooking or doing laundry in another.

The Display. The colors it can show are just gorgeous. And on top of that you have options. Don't like over saturated colors, fine turn on the RGB mode. It gets so bright that it is easy to see in direct sunlight

Last but not least the feel in the hand is just marvelous. You the the best of both worlds, a large screen in a relatively small size.
If the next iPhone does not take some cues from this phone then I will be very disappointed and it will be yet another iPhone I will not be getting

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It looks like people are already ripping them open to see what they look like inside. This guy talks about how maybe one day Apple will invent wireless charging on a pad BUT other sites I have seen talk about Apple "one-upping" that and having wireless charging from across the room. Possibly on iPhone 8, Cool stuff.

https://youtu.be/GRmY-4HKVIk

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Got my midnight black S8+ today to take for a test drive. Pretty stoked! It'll be sharing companion space with my matte black iPhone 7 Plus!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Got my midnight black S8+ today to take for a test drive. Pretty stoked! It'll be sharing companion space with my matte black iPhone 7 Plus!

I went s8. I love unlocking my phone with my face/eyes. Lol
05802b4000cec441c3bafe55710bf51e.jpg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I played with it. I was pro Sammy for many years. I don't like the S8. I really like my iPhone I don't like the screen. But that's my personal opinion

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I just wish the antenna worked with Verizon LTE. It is weak in AZ and am just using the 3G data and not connected to the LTE. I learned this while at the Apple Store. They even said the antenna isn't working well with the Verizon LTE. Maybe one of these days it will but as long as my phone works, am ok with it.

Did you try to go to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options?

A friend of mine had this issue but it was because her cellular data was set to 3G instead of LTE, for some reason.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is getting an S8 for a second phone of dropping their iPhone completely.

No. I've only had my iPhone for a year. They can't make an Android phone good enough to lure me away at this point. I like getting my updates in a timely manner many years after the phone I own is no longer a flagship. Never gonna happen with an Android device unless you root and install a custom ROM.... and I got tired of doing that.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Humm, let me think...I have a Macbook Pro, Apple iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple AirPods, Apple iTunes.....NOPE, I won't be getting a Samsung s8. Looks good now, but in about thee/four months down the road...it will begin to show its ugly face, that Samsung face once again. I will pass.

Chuck_loads

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My wife just got hers she had a s3 lol she keeps phones forever an hates change. But I set it up for her was impressed with the device but I remember why I came back to iOS. Switching apps it would already studder an stumble.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Humm, let me think...I have a Macbook Pro, Apple iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple AirPods, Apple iTunes.....NOPE, I won't be getting a Samsung s8. Looks good now, but in about thee/four months down the road...it will begin to show its ugly face, that Samsung face once again. I will pass.

I have all that you have but I still use other platforms. I just don't use iOS. Gets too boring that way. And my Airpods works fine with my s8 btw.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have all that you have but I still use other platforms. I just don't use iOS. Gets too boring that way. And my Airpods works fine with my s8 btw.

Good for you, but for me, it's something that I did for a couple of years. Sorta "been there done that" concept. I'm happy with what Apple brings to the table for ME....today anyway...LOL

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I might have considered giving it a test run if I could use my Apple Watch with it but I haven't found how that's possible. To be honest I haven't looked that hard either. I love my Apple Watch....closing those rings every day is an addiction I'm not ready to give up yet.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
A customer of mine had an S8 for two hours and she cracked the display

No insurance and she said there's no replacement screens available

Poor Girl

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members