I just looked at the shipping email again and it looks like it is for the VR headset. Still no s8 shipping order. I can't get it fast enough. After having the guy fix my ip7 screen I hate it. This galaxy will be right on time.
    Oh bummer. My phone shipped 2 days prior to the VR
    knotsure likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:34 PM
    Same. I love the s8+.

Have a pelican voyager on that has an included screen protector for now but have a zagg sapphire defense curve on the way and probably will get the otterbox symmetry for it as well. What color did you get? Got black here. And a wireless charging pad and a memory card among other things lol
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:36 PM
    I was thinking of getting the black grip. I haven't decided. What did you do for screen protector? Gonna try the zagg sapphire and hope that's a good one.

I either will get the symmetry or the Speck grip. I like the pelican though. The screen protector on it isn't perfect but it's better than not having anything at all.
    05-04-2017 08:38 PM
    I was thinking of getting the black grip. I haven't decided. What did you do for screen protector? Gonna try the zagg sapphire and hope that's a good one.

I either will get the symmetry or the Speck grip. I like the pelican though. The screen protector on it isn't perfect but it's better than not having anything at all.
    Tried a Zagg Glass. It was complete trash. I'm going without one. They all seem to suck on a curved screen.
    05-04-2017 08:40 PM
    Tried a Zagg Glass. It was complete trash. I'm going without one. They all seem to suck on a curved screen.
    I tried the HD invisible shield. I didn't like it. The sapphire hopefully will be better.
    05-04-2017 08:42 PM
    I tried the HD invisible shield. I didn't like it. The sapphire hopefully will be better.
    Yeah let me know how that is. Luckily Tmo accepted a return on that Zagg.
    05-04-2017 08:43 PM
    Yeah let me know how that is. Luckily Tmo accepted a return on that Zagg.
    Yeah I think I'll have better luck with it. If not I'm sure zagg will do something to return it. Bodyguardz has one I'm curious about too.
    05-04-2017 08:44 PM
    Yeah I think I'll have better luck with it. If not I'm sure zagg will do something to return it. Bodyguardz has one I'm curious about too.
    It's just easier to swallow if I scratch this since I didn't pay for it. But I'll use one if I can find a quality one.
    05-04-2017 08:46 PM
    It's just easier to swallow if I scratch this since I didn't pay for it. But I'll use one if I can find a quality one.
    My zagg shipped. I'll keep you posted on it and send you pictures
    05-04-2017 09:12 PM
    My zagg shipped. I'll keep you posted on it and send you pictures
    Nice. Yeah let me know. The regular zagg glass has clarity and touch response issues.
    05-04-2017 09:14 PM
    Nice. Yeah let me know. The regular zagg glass has clarity and touch response issues.
    My coworker put one on and have no issues. I think it's hit or miss. It looked nice that's for sure!
    05-04-2017 09:14 PM
    I just ordered the pelican adventurer clear/black case from the pelican website. It is $39 with free shipping and free pelican curved glass screen protector.the case and glass both have lifetime warranty. I am wondering how this curve glass screen protector is going to work.
    05-04-2017 10:06 PM
    I don't think they are dropping the iPhone 8 yet. Still have another year b fo e that one is closer
    All signs and rumors point to iPhone 8 or whatever the OLED iPhone is going to be called dropping this September.
    05-05-2017 12:36 AM
    Actually some indication is the there will be a 7s release along with the ip8, or instead of. Who here thinks Apple is going to release an upgraded iPhone 7s and 7s+ and a more spec'd out higher end iPhone 8. I don't think this is going to happen. Apple likes there money to much.
    05-05-2017 05:03 AM
    Actually some indication is the there will be a 7s release along with the ip8, or instead of. Who here thinks Apple is going to release an upgraded iPhone 7s and 7s+ and a more spec'd out higher end iPhone 8. I don't think this is going to happen. Apple likes there money to much.
    But based on all complaints on this thread and the media, everyone is tired of this iPhone design and implies a redesign is needed if Apple wants to sustain market share.
    05-05-2017 06:29 AM
    I just don't know. A big part of me agrees that they will not do both. I don't see the point in a minor upgrade to the 7 and then having this total redesign coming out a few months later. Seems like a waste of resources. It's going to be interesting for sure. This fall will bring the new iPhone, Pixel and the Note 8. All of which are interesting for me personally. Especially the Note 8. I'm hoping all three are amazing. Nothing better than good competition.
    knotsure likes this.
    05-05-2017 06:54 AM
    I see all these articles and headlines and all that about the new iPhone 8 and the rumors about new features. It just reminds me of last year when people wanted this and people wanted that and this article says this, etc I just won't believe it until I see it.
    05-05-2017 06:58 AM
    I see all these articles and headlines and all that about the new iPhone 8 and the rumors about new features. It just reminds me of last year when people wanted this and people wanted that and this article says this, etc I just won't believe it until I see it.
    So true. Can't believe anything until it is actually introduced on stage. It's fun to speculate but in the end it doesn't mean much. Apple is just a different company than Samsung. Samsung is willing to put out a phone with features that are not always polished or even complete. Apple typically doesn't do that. They would rather delay or hold off on a feature entirely. I am glad for both approaches. I think the consumer wins in the end.
    knotsure likes this.
    05-05-2017 07:07 AM
    I dont recall any rumors about an iPhone redesign last year
    05-05-2017 09:21 AM
    I dont recall any rumors about an iPhone redesign last year
    I never said anything my about a redesign. You just hear rumors that don't end up being used in the new iPhone every single year.
    05-05-2017 09:44 AM
    Meh...I had my fair time with android. I prefer consistency, and that if nothing else you can get with Apple. From a aesthetic view, hands down its not even close! But that's how they reel you in. Before you know it, the looks and feel of the device wont be enough to continue the love affair(IMO). Software is Apple's bread and butter, and it seems to be the kryptonite of all Android devices. If hardware is your main attraction then, hands down the S8 is your device.
    This would be accurate a few years ago. Android is light years ahead of those days. I'm a fan of both and this is not a true or fair comparison. My Galaxy S8 and previous S7e were as stable or more than the experience I've had with my 7+ and my mom who knows zero about tech complains often about the bugs in ios at this time. Both are great operating systems and wonderful hardware, it's just a matter of likes and dislikes. But both are reliable and very consistent to a point. I'll likely preorder and get the iPhone 8 as Apple is my true love and the only tech products I stray away from the Applesphere is with my phone's when I get bored with Apple.
    05-05-2017 09:48 AM
    This would be accurate a few years ago. Android is light years ahead of those days. I'm a fan of both and this is not a true or fair comparison. My Galaxy S8 and previous S7e were as stable or more than the experience I've had with my 7+ and my mom who knows zero about tech complains often about the bugs in ios at this time. Both are great operating systems and wonderful hardware, it's just a matter of likes and dislikes. But both are reliable and very consistent to a point. I'll likely preorder and get the iPhone 8 as Apple is my true love and the only tech products I stray away from the Applesphere is with my phone's when I get bored with Apple.
    Well then Samsung is doing a better job than Google because even though i loved my 6P and stock Android, it has quite a few problems...and you can go over to the androidcentral forums to clarify. I mean even look at the Pixel problems. I havent used a Sx since the S6 so i cant speak on behalf of Sammy, but my experienced with Android have improved over the last 2 years...but its just not as consistently stable as iOS, again in my experience.
    05-05-2017 10:03 AM
    I would wait until the kinks are worked out of the first batches. I'm seeing a lot of reports of a clicking sound coming from the center of the screen when pressed. As if the screen is coming unglued from the digitizer. I also have strong concerns about the fragility of the edges of the curved glass. SquareTrade did a drop test where the screen cracked/shattered on the first drop on all four sides. First phone they ever tested where this happened.

I really like all the extra features/tweaks Samsung added with TouchWiz. I'm just not a fan of the curved screen look and the all glass fad. Good chance of getting security updates with the S8 too.

The LG G6 is probably the better buy with similar screen ratio, arguably better camera, military-standard drop tested, and is $500 at T-Mobile and comes with a free Google Home. Sad thing is it won't get as many updates as the S8.
    05-05-2017 10:37 AM
    Well then Samsung is doing a better job than Google because even though i loved my 6P and stock Android, it has quite a few problems...and you can go over to the androidcentral forums to clarify. I mean even look at the Pixel problems. I havent used a Sx since the S6 so i cant speak on behalf of Sammy, but my experienced with Android have improved over the last 2 years...but its just not as consistently stable as iOS, again in my experience.
    My 6p was one excellent phone except... The camera was so slow with moving objects in any light but super bright outdoor scenarios. It's had a lot of issues reported about a year down the road and it's not aged well.

My argument is both devices feel equally stable and we are at the point in tech that it's personal opinion that separates the two devices more than actual quality of hardware and software like it was 3 years ago.
    chezm likes this.
    05-05-2017 11:19 AM
    My 6p was one excellent phone except... The camera was so slow with moving objects in any light but super bright outdoor scenarios. It's had a lot of issues reported about a year down the road and it's not aged well.

My argument is both devices feel equally stable and we are at the point in tech that it's personal opinion that separates the two devices more than actual quality of hardware and software like it was 3 years ago.
    Agreed
    05-05-2017 12:24 PM
497 ... 7891011 ...