Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I think when the iPhone 8 comes out then it'll be a different story. IMO 2017 is going to be a big year for Apple. We have the new Watches, iPhone 8, the MacPro refresh unveiled hopefully, iOS 11 (we hardly know anything about) and this new speaker that came out of nowhere. I'm excited to see where the rest of the year goes.
    It better be. 3 years on the same phone design is no excuse in this day of technology.
    Wildo6882 and blaine07 like this.
    05-04-2017 01:20 AM
    It better be. 3 years on the same phone design is no excuse in this day of technology.
    It'll be even worse though if a 7S and 7S+ come out then it'd be going on 4 years which is crazy! There's been speculation that there would be three models this year and I could see that release the S models for those who are upgrading from a 6/S or even 5 series phone then have the 8 for the diehards who really want something different.

I can't wait for WWDC then we'll have a better idea of what's to come. At least I hope LOL.
    05-04-2017 01:48 AM
    It'll be even worse though if a 7S and 7S+ come out then it'd be going on 4 years which is crazy! There's been speculation that there would be three models this year and I could see that release the S models for those who are upgrading from a 6/S or even 5 series phone then have the 8 for the diehards who really want something different.

I can't wait for WWDC then we'll have a better idea of what's to come. At least I hope LOL.
    As long as we see a new iPhone like the 8 they are describing, I'll buy it. But I wont buy a 7S.
    05-04-2017 02:07 AM
    As long as we see a new iPhone like the 8 they are describing, I'll buy it. But I wont buy a 7S.
    I don't think they are dropping the iPhone 8 yet. Still have another year b fo e that one is closer
    05-04-2017 05:08 AM
    I don't think they are dropping the iPhone 8 yet. Still have another year b fo e that one is closer
    We don't know if it will be called the iPhone 8 or iPhone edition or what, but it's been pretty well documented that there will be a higher end phone beyond the 7S and 7S Plus coming later this year. All indications seem to point to a release at least a couple months after the 7S and 7S Plus. This is the phone that is being referred to as the iPhone 8. I'll be surprised if that is what it's called but it works for now.
    05-04-2017 05:33 AM
    iPhone users have fervent loyalty similar to BlackBerry devotees. In switching to Android I felt like I was leaving my loyal dog tied to a tree in the woods.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-04-2017 05:43 AM
    iPhone users have fervent loyalty similar to BlackBerry devotees. In switching to Android I felt like I was leaving my loyal dog tied to a tree in the woods.
    Lol. That's funny. Definitely some truth to it though. I definitely don't have that loyalty like I did with blackberry years ago, but I know many that do. I'll continue to use what works best for me at the time. Right now that's the iPhone.
    mundo472 likes this.
    05-04-2017 05:53 AM
    It will be new design for sure but will only have 2-3 big changes. Apple likes to play it safe... It'll still be behind S8+ honestly...
    05-04-2017 08:10 AM
    It will be new design for sure but will only have 2-3 big changes. Apple likes to play it safe... It'll still be behind S8+ honestly...
    Obviously all of this is speculation until we see what Apple actually does, but how do you think the "iPhone 8" will be behind the S8+? In what ways?
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:47 AM
    This is why Steve jobs was adamant about controlling software. The whole ecosystem works unlike android.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-04-2017 09:17 AM
    Obviously all of this is speculation until we see what Apple actually does, but how do you think the "iPhone 8" will be behind the S8+? In what ways?
    I feel the S8+, personally, is currently leaps and bounds a head of apple. Apple only likes to make 2-3 big changes at a time and compared to S8 I don't feel apple only making 2-3 big changes this next iteration will "be enough" to get them even, much less exceed, what the Samsungs current offerings are. I truly hope Apple goes all out this next round and amazes us all but with their history of device updates I just don't see it. It IS time for them to go big however as last few device updates have been better processor and camera, but this round a a better processor, camera and new design just isn't going to be enough in my opinion.

I. Hope. Apple. Proves. Me. Wrong.
    mundo472 likes this.
    05-04-2017 10:23 AM
    I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.
    Feeling the same way over here. It feels like I am going back in time when I pick up my iPhone 7+ now. Assuming you got the 8+ though Samsung Insights? I got the email and the survey, but apparently I wasn't picked. Bummer lol.
    05-04-2017 10:37 AM
    I feel the S8+, personally, is currently leaps and bounds a head of apple. Apple only likes to make 2-3 big changes at a time and compared to S8 I don't feel apple only making 2-3 big changes this next iteration will "be enough" to get them even, much less exceed, what the Samsungs current offerings are. I truly hope Apple goes all out this next round and amazes us all but with their history of device updates I just don't see it. It IS time for them to go big however as last few device updates have been better processor and camera, but this round a a better processor, camera and new design just isn't going to be enough in my opinion.

I. Hope. Apple. Proves. Me. Wrong.
    So, in your opinion, it's the number of changes that make one phone better than the other? Am I reading you correct?

I guess I look at actual use to determine what is better for me. The S8 is the prettier phone and has a higher screen to body ratio. No question. Beyond that, I don't know what the S8 is better at. I guess that was my original question. Beyond looks, what does the S8 do better than the 7 Plus? I am asking because I have not used one, not because I am trying to argue. For example, when I used the Note 7. I felt is was better than the 7 Plus in that it used the big screen better by providing the S-Pen functions and actual split screen. The S-Pen is a difference maker for me. I am not sure what that difference maker is with the S8.
    05-04-2017 12:24 PM
    Feeling the same way over here. It feels like I am going back in time when I pick up my iPhone 7+ now. Assuming you got the 8+ though Samsung Insights? I got the email and the survey, but apparently I wasn't picked. Bummer lol.
    Yes I got it through the Insights program. Received it Monday. They sent me the coupon code to order last Friday.
    05-04-2017 12:36 PM
    S8 is ahead of apple in terms of hardware design and some features, I don't think anyone would deny it. Personally, im not a fan of the curved screen and and that ratio but that's why this is all subjective. With that said, in most cases I still think apple is ahead of android in terms of software (performance, optimization). Samsung has showed their cards now its apples turn, lets see what they do.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:51 PM
    I love the competition. Consumers win.
    cwbcpa, chezm, sangs and 2 others like this.
    05-04-2017 07:20 PM
    Got myself a S8+ three days ago and actually love it that much that my 7 Plus has been in the drawer for three days. The longest I have left my iPhone since I got the 3Gs ☺️
    I did the same thing. I have my iPhone 7plus at home for the past almost week. I got the s8+! Love it!
    05-04-2017 07:34 PM
    Yes I got it through the Insights program. Received it Monday. They sent me the coupon code to order last Friday.
    I am anxiously awaiting my s8. Was hoping to get it today. Still haven't gotten that shipping email though. Maybe tomorrow.

Update: just got my shipping order should be here by the 8th.
    Last edited by knotsure; 05-04-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    05-04-2017 07:55 PM
    I did the same thing. I have my iPhone 7plus at home for the past almost week. I got the s8+! Love it!
    You too?
    05-04-2017 08:17 PM
    I am anxiously awaiting my s8. Was hoping to get it today. Still haven't gotten that shipping email though. Maybe tomorrow.
    Bummer. Yeah my email came the night before it arrived.
    05-04-2017 08:18 PM
    You too?
    Yup! You have one as well? What's your daily driver nowadays? What's your setup with the galaxy? Case? Screen protector?
    05-04-2017 08:22 PM
    Yup! You have one as well? What's your daily driver nowadays? What's your setup with the galaxy?
    Yeah samsung sent me a free s8+ and VR. My 7 plus is working as a paper weight these days.
    05-04-2017 08:24 PM
    Yeah samsung sent me a free s8+ and VR. My 7 plus is working as a paper weight these days.
    Same. I love the s8+.

Have a pelican voyager on that has an included screen protector for now but have a zagg sapphire defense curve on the way and probably will get the otterbox symmetry for it as well. What color did you get? Got black here. And a wireless charging pad and a memory card among other things lol
    05-04-2017 08:26 PM
    Bummer. Yeah my email came the night before it arrived.
    I just looked at the shipping email again and it looks like it is for the VR headset. Still no s8 shipping order. I can't get it fast enough. After having the guy fix my ip7 screen I hate it. This galaxy will be right on time.
    05-04-2017 08:29 PM
    Same. I love the s8+.

Have a pelican voyager on that has an included screen protector for now but have a zagg sapphire defense curve on the way and probably will get the otterbox symmetry for it as well. What color did you get? Got black here. And a wireless charging pad and a memory card among other things lol
    I got orchid gray. Yeah I had the wireless charger from my s7 edge and already had 64 GB memory card. I got rhe blue speck presidio
    knotsure likes this.
    05-04-2017 08:33 PM
497 ... 678910 ...