I had a Samsung Gear s2 before the Apple Watch. I just feel that Apple Watch is less...clunky. Maybe that's the word I'm looking for? Everything works a lot better in the Apple Watch for me. Workouts. Tracking everything. Heart rate monitor seems way more accurate than my gear s2.
    I have a charge hr which I love, it's simple and tracks my activity enough. Did you ever have a Fitbit or other fitness tracker before, and prefer the Apple Watch? I like the way the Apple Watch looks, but the recharge every day holds me back...charge hr battery lasts 5 days. I don't care for notifications. Can I shut off all notifications (other than calls) and have it only do fitness tracking?
    05-02-2017 08:19 PM
    I have a charge hr which I love, it's simple and tracks my activity enough. Did you ever have a Fitbit or other fitness tracker before, and prefer the Apple Watch? I like the way the Apple Watch looks, but the recharge every day holds me back...charge hr battery lasts 5 days. I don't care for notifications. Can I shut off all notifications (other than calls) and have it only do fitness tracking?
    I've had a Fitbit Charge and Charge HR and prefer the Apple Watch to it. It tracks steps more accurately I believe. I had to wear both for a few months last year for work.They would sync Fitbit but not Apple health, I got to ditch it in February this year when they finally allowed Apple health to sync. But on my Apple Watch I would have ~10,000 steps and on the Fitbit I'd have close to 18,000 steps.

My Apple Watch I can charger every other day and I get text and call notifications, I also track my daily workouts and walks. I have all other notifications shut off. You can do that via the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
    chezm likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:29 PM
    Really? I had a Moro 360, wasn't impressed...I honestly don't see much difference from Apple Watch in the video reviews or in person. Just curious, what are your most important features?
    I've never used the 360 but I did use the Samsung S2. That was a good watch and I actually liked using the bezel to get around the interface. It was a good experience. I always felt like it was so close to being a great experience. The Apple Watch feels more like an extension of of my iPhone. Calls, texts, workouts, to do lists, reminders, various health apps that I use, they all work seamlessly. You just won't find that on any android watches. Not from what I've seen anyway.

I also watched a number of reviews of the Apple Watch. I really didn't see any that really showed how useful the Watch is in day to day use. I think it will vary from person to person but I think it's a great piece of tech that's really useful.
    chezm likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:53 PM
    I had a fitbit sold it for the Nike AW this year, absolutely love it.
    05-02-2017 10:40 PM
    I picked one up as a second phone to my 7 plus. Overall it's a really solid phone, and better than previous galaxy phones. But I couldn't give up my iPhone completely.
    05-02-2017 11:09 PM
    I've never used the 360 but I did use the Samsung S2. That was a good watch and I actually liked using the bezel to get around the interface. It was a good experience. I always felt like it was so close to being a great experience. The Apple Watch feels more like an extension of of my iPhone. Calls, texts, workouts, to do lists, reminders, various health apps that I use, they all work seamlessly. You just won't find that on any android watches. Not from what I've seen anyway.

I also watched a number of reviews of the Apple Watch. I really didn't see any that really showed how useful the Watch is in day to day use. I think it will vary from person to person but I think it's a great piece of tech that's really useful.
    Oh I forgot about the bezel!! I did like that, it was super useful!
    05-03-2017 05:51 AM
    I've had a Fitbit Charge and Charge HR and prefer the Apple Watch to it. It tracks steps more accurately I believe. I had to wear both for a few months last year for work.They would sync Fitbit but not Apple health, I got to ditch it in February this year when they finally allowed Apple health to sync. But on my Apple Watch I would have ~10,000 steps and on the Fitbit I'd have close to 18,000 steps.

My Apple Watch I can charger every other day and I get text and call notifications, I also track my daily workouts and walks. I have all other notifications shut off. You can do that via the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
    Fitbit step tracking is a joke. It would track steps if I lifted my arm to point at something.
    05-03-2017 09:04 AM
    Fitbit step tracking is a joke. It would track steps if I lifted my arm to point at something.
    Oh I hated it!! I only wore it til my employer finally allowed syncing with the Apple Watch. I mean I'm sure the Apple Watch isn't perfect but it is tons closer than the Fitbit.
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-03-2017 09:06 AM
    I found this USED to be the case but not so much anymore, i can actually swing my arms and it doesnt track it as steps. When i go on the treadmill i have to really use motion for it to be captured, regular walking it seems to be pretty close. If apples watch did a better job id be very interested but that battery life...
    05-03-2017 09:13 AM
    I feel like with 3.2 my Apple Watch step tracking became less reliable. I slept in my AW, and would get 3 stand hours without getting out of bed as well.
    05-03-2017 09:58 AM
    No:

Slow if ever updates
    Low resale
    Poor customer service
    Touchwiz ok when new soon becomes a lag fest
    Oversaturated screen/colours
    Curved Screen
    Ugly back with case

I could go on and on and on and on.
    You make a good point with most of these. However, poor customer service has nothing to do with the S8. For instances ordering/buying/getting assistance from Verizon could give you better customer service than T-mobile.
    05-03-2017 11:16 AM
    Just curious if anyone is getting an S8 for a second phone of dropping their iPhone completely.
    IMO, the phone looks amazing but but besides that nothing is exciting me. After using android for so many year I kind of know what to expect later down the road with slowdowns, etc.
    Meh...I had my fair time with android. I prefer consistency, and that if nothing else you can get with Apple. From a aesthetic view, hands down its not even close! But that's how they reel you in. Before you know it, the looks and feel of the device wont be enough to continue the love affair(IMO). Software is Apple's bread and butter, and it seems to be the kryptonite of all Android devices. If hardware is your main attraction then, hands down the S8 is your device.
    chezm and Truman82 like this.
    05-03-2017 11:37 AM
    I have all that you have but I still use other platforms. I just don't use iOS. Gets too boring that way. And my Airpods works fine with my s8 btw.
    Have you tried out Samsung's IconX Bluetooth earbuds?
    05-03-2017 01:29 PM
    You make a good point with most of these. However, poor customer service has nothing to do with the S8. For instances ordering/buying/getting assistance from Verizon could give you better customer service than T-mobile.
    Not everyone on here lives in US you know? Poor customer service has everything to do with the S8 as its a SAMSUNG. Where i live if you have a problem with a iPhone the last place you go is back to your Telco, you go to Apple and will have a replacement or over the phone help straight up, no sending away and waiting weeks for Samsung to access and then send it back not fixed. They are a nightmare to deal with.
    chezm and wenrob like this.
    05-03-2017 05:42 PM
    I picked up a s8 a few days ago, along with a Gear S3. This is my first Samsung phone (and watch). Loving both so far...maybe even a little more than I was expecting! It's definitely nice getting back to a somewhat normal size phone without having to sacrifice much screen size.
    chezm likes this.
    05-03-2017 07:06 PM
    Have you tried out Samsung's IconX Bluetooth earbuds?
    No I have not
    05-03-2017 08:54 PM
    I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-03-2017 08:56 PM
    I picked up a s8 a few days ago, along with a Gear S3. This is my first Samsung phone (and watch). Loving both so far...maybe even a little more than I was expecting! It's definitely nice getting back to a somewhat normal size phone without having to sacrifice much screen size.
    When I switched from my 7+ and AW2 I was worried because I loved having a watch to compliment my phone so I got a gear S3 to go with my S8+ and I love this combo also.
    05-03-2017 09:52 PM
    I did return my s8 today. Only because I got a free s8+ from Samsung. I firmly believe the s8 form factor and phone in general is the best single smart phone on the market. And iPhone currently is not close. Just my opinion.
    Alot of awesomes between them both, for sure. S8+ has been good enough to steer me away from my 7+ since I got it 👌
    05-03-2017 10:24 PM
    The software overall was a better experience?
    05-03-2017 11:23 PM
    The form factor I can understand but how was the transition to Android and the curved screen?
    05-04-2017 12:05 AM
    The form factor I can understand but how was the transition to Android and the curved screen?
    I've had a s6 edge plus. And s7 edge. It was no transition. I've been using these for a few years.
    05-04-2017 12:16 AM
    The software overall was a better experience?
    I've used android for years. One thing I like about it is the experience. It's not so locked down.
    chezm likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:17 AM
    Alot of awesomes between them both, for sure. S8+ has been good enough to steer me away from my 7+ since I got it 👌
    What is a 7 plus? Lol. Mine is a great paper weight right now.
    Wildo6882 and blaine07 like this.
    05-04-2017 12:18 AM
    I think when the iPhone 8 comes out then it'll be a different story. IMO 2017 is going to be a big year for Apple. We have the new Watches, iPhone 8, the MacPro refresh unveiled hopefully, iOS 11 (we hardly know anything about) and this new speaker that came out of nowhere. I'm excited to see where the rest of the year goes.
    05-04-2017 01:09 AM
497 ... 56789 ...