I am not trolling.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-29-2017 02:52 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...56d90e8694.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...95eac96ca7.jpg

5.8" screen of Samsung to the 5.5" of 7 plus. The feel of the s8 is amazing. Makes the 7 plus feel like an awful brick.
    Yeah I love the hardware - hate the software even though touchwiz has become much better in the S8. It still feels half baked
    04-29-2017 03:05 PM
    You have to do a periodic survey. Giving feedback of the phone. As long as you do that, you keep the phone. The feedback is over a 12 month period.
    That's a great Deal, I'd take that any day.
    04-29-2017 03:12 PM
    Had the s7 edge and now 7 plus and to me the difference is jewellery against brick-like working machine made of steel.
    I prefer the work oriented approach.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-30-2017 04:30 AM
    Had the s7 edge and now 7 plus and to me the difference is jewellery against brick-like working machine made of steel.
    I prefer the work oriented approach.
    I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying you prefer the iPhone or the s7?
    chezm likes this.
    04-30-2017 10:26 AM
    Meant I value iPhone approach more. Not so pretty but feels more like work horse
    chezm likes this.
    04-30-2017 10:28 AM
    I've had the S8+ since 4/24 and I am enjoying it very much. The screen is just beautiful and the fingerprint scanner is not a problem for me. I used my 7+ with two hands and I use my S8+ with two hands so...same difference. I will say that using the iPhone taught me that I don't have to modify my phone (jailbreak/root) to have an enjoyable experience so stock it is with a black theme from the Samsung app store. I also haven't been a fan of TW but I don't think the version on the S8+ is bad at all. I kinda like it. 🤤

Funny thing is I miss posting in the iMore forum more than I miss my iPhone.

I still have my 7+ and can switch my sim whenever I feel like though. ☺
    jtcannonball likes this.
    05-01-2017 03:39 PM
    I did. I love the phone. But that doesn't mean I will forget about my roots and not preorder a iPhone 8. Lol
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    05-01-2017 03:45 PM
    I've had the S8+ since 4/24 and I am enjoying it very much. The screen is just beautiful and the fingerprint scanner is not a problem for me. I used my 7+ with two hands and I use my S8+ with two hands so...same difference. I will say that using the iPhone taught me that I don't have to modify my phone (jailbreak/root) to have an enjoyable experience so stock it is with a black theme from the Samsung app store. I also haven't been a fan of TW but I don't think the version on the S8+ is bad at all. I kinda like it. 🤤

Well said 👌👐
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    05-01-2017 05:18 PM

I agree and I really enjoy my phone for most of the same reasons plus expandable memory. I wish Apple would just allow some customization of home screens and expandable storage.
    05-01-2017 05:28 PM
    I agree and I really enjoy my phone for most of the same reasons plus expandable memory. I wish Apple would just allow some customization of home screens and expandable storage.
    Yeah, some simple customization would be nice; especially no background behind the dock icons. I loathe that stupid background lol.

Expandable memory is nice. I have the 256gb 7+ but have never come close to using all that space. I also purchased a 256gb sdcard for the S8+ because I rather have and not need than need and not have.
    jtcannonball and ladyc0524 like this.
    05-01-2017 05:34 PM
    Lol. I have been thinking of going with the galaxy s8. I have had my iPhone 7 since release day and absolutely love it. The problem is, I dropped it before Christmas and cracked the screen. By the time I got around to getting it fixed I realized the camera lens is cracked as well. I have heard people having to pay apple the whole $319 to fix these problems as opposed to the $129 for only the screen. So I made a silly choice. I had a screen repair guy come out and fix it. He did and it does work, but the replacement screen is not oem quality. It also lost the waterproofing. But the kicker for me which I didn't realize, until today at work when I looked at my screen with polarized ray bans on, and I can't see the screen. I should have asked more questions but it was the first time I had someone beside Apple do a repair like this.

So I am looking at the galaxy s8 for $15 a month with trade in on Verizon.

I might have the camera lens repaired by the guy who fixed my screen for $30, then go to apple and see if they will replace the screen for $129. If they won't do it I might go back to the galaxy s8 till the new iPhone drops this year.
    05-01-2017 05:44 PM
    Just curious if anyone is getting an S8 for a second phone of dropping their iPhone completely.
    IMO, the phone looks amazing but but besides that nothing is exciting me. After using android for so many year I kind of know what to expect later down the road with slowdowns, etc.
    I got rid of my iPhone 7 Plus for an s8+. Haven't regretted it since. Battery life and reliability thus far are comparable. Speed and ease of use also comparable. The display and footprint is significantly better. They put a better, bigger screen in a smaller or same size chassis. Ridiculously awesome.
    blaine07 and manni1to like this.
    05-01-2017 09:50 PM
    I got rid of my iPhone 7 Plus for an s8+. Haven't regretted it since. Battery life and reliability thus far are comparable. Speed and ease of use also comparable. The display and footprint is significantly better. They put a better, bigger screen in a smaller or same size chassis. Ridiculously awesome.
    I could say the same exact thing ! I normally am on the iPhone train and go back and try Android phones but end up not liking them. This time it's a keeper !!!
    05-01-2017 11:38 PM
    Not for me. If I'm going Android it's for the KEYone. Otherwise stick with iOS.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-01-2017 11:50 PM
    Got an email today. Will be getting a galaxy s8 with vr control for free. I guess I will have to download and use some Samsung insight app for a year and then they give me the phone. Talk about timing. I just typed a post here earlier today about this one. I also had a note 5 for 30 days (I think) 2 years ago in some Samsung program I signed up for.
    blaine07 likes this.
    05-02-2017 12:05 AM
    I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+. So far I'm really liking the S8+. It's not perfect by any means, but no phone is. I switch back and forth a good bit b/c I'm on JoD with T-Mo so I can switch every few months. iMessage, Continuity, and my Apple Watch always bring me back to Apple, but as of now I'm satisfied with the S8+

A few thoughts: I'm finally getting used to the FPS location. It's def not as easy as my 7 Plus, but not a huge issue. MMS has gotten better. Videos are still grainy and bad compared to using iMessage, but photos come in much more clear than they did with my Note 7. The overall size of the S8+ is great!!! The display is beautiful and bright.... And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this version of TouchWiz (never thought I'd type those words). There's something really nice about the wire frame icons and the navigation buttons. They just look really modern to me. And yes, I already miss my Apple Watch!!!!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    05-02-2017 08:15 AM
    I had a couple LG phones and nowadays I prefer the FPS in the back. Weird.
    05-02-2017 08:32 AM
    I had a couple LG phones and nowadays I prefer the FPS in the back. Weird.
    I do as well. But in the position LG had there's. This Samsung FPS is so odd.
    05-02-2017 09:37 AM
    My family is split between iPhone & Samsung devices

Cheers,
    BR
    05-02-2017 03:00 PM
    Even though I returned mine the freaking iris scanner was the coolest thing about that phone! It worked with my sunglasses on and even in the dark in my bedroom.
    05-02-2017 05:06 PM
    I traded my 7 Plus for an S8+. So far I'm really liking the S8+. It's not perfect by any means, but no phone is. I switch back and forth a good bit b/c I'm on JoD with T-Mo so I can switch every few months. iMessage, Continuity, and my Apple Watch always bring me back to Apple, but as of now I'm satisfied with the S8+

A few thoughts: I'm finally getting used to the FPS location. It's def not as easy as my 7 Plus, but not a huge issue. MMS has gotten better. Videos are still grainy and bad compared to using iMessage, but photos come in much more clear than they did with my Note 7. The overall size of the S8+ is great!!! The display is beautiful and bright.... And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this version of TouchWiz (never thought I'd type those words). There's something really nice about the wire frame icons and the navigation buttons. They just look really modern to me. And yes, I already miss my Apple Watch!!!!
    I couldn't part with my Apple Watch! I'd be so lost!!
    05-02-2017 05:47 PM
    I couldn't part with my Apple Watch! I'd be so lost!!
    Really? I had a Moro 360, wasn't impressed...I honestly don't see much difference from Apple Watch in the video reviews or in person. Just curious, what are your most important features?
    05-02-2017 06:48 PM
    Really? I had a Moro 360, wasn't impressed...I honestly don't see much difference from Apple Watch in the video reviews or in person. Just curious, what are your most important features?
    I had a Moto 360 as well. I didn't like it, but I love my Apple Watch.
    chezm likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:54 PM
    I had a Samsung Gear s2 before the Apple Watch. I just feel that Apple Watch is less...clunky. Maybe that's the word I'm looking for? Everything works a lot better in the Apple Watch for me. Workouts. Tracking everything. Heart rate monitor seems way more accurate than my gear s2.
    chezm likes this.
    05-02-2017 06:56 PM
497 ... 45678 ...