Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
    I was an Android user for years. I still use an Android tablet. But when my husband used his upgrade to switch to the iPhone 5...I started noticing that I'd eventually have to do a factory reset because my phone was misbehaving but his phone was still zipping along doing what he wanted it to do. When our next upgrade rolled around...we both went iPhone 6. While I don't mind Android on my tablet as it is not the device that I use for everything...I have absolutely no desire to go back to Android for my phone.
    I'm over the ridiculous lack of OS updates. Customization is fine but being able to customize every tiny lil aspect is not anywhere near as important to me as a device that works. I had very few issues with my iPhone 6 and when I did, it was usually my fault. None of my Androids survived the upgrades. By the time I would upgrade, they were basically useless. My husband's iPhone 5 survived him and my son. If we replaced the battery, it would actually probably still be usable.
    I recently upgraded my 6 to the 7 Plus. I didn't need a new phone but my son did and in our house...the parents get the new phone and the kids can use the hand me downs. The battery in the 5 was on its last legs. My 17 year old was super excited and repeatedly thanked me for the "new" phone.

Sorry. Rambling.
    I don't like the positioning of the fingerprint sensor on most phones. I prefer the placement on my iPhone. It works well when I need to unlock it while in the dock at my desk or in the car.
    My just turned 14 year old daughter doesn't have a phone yet, but she does have an iPod that her cousin gave her. iMessage and FaceTime make it easy for her to connect with us without requiring that we download an app that would only be used for her.
    The way Family Sharing is implemented in iOS also makes my life easier. I have control over what the kids download and we can share paid apps and such. We can use Apple Music and not have to worry about spending for multiple individual accounts while also not having to share a single music library. We all have access to the music we like. While we do listen to some of the same things...my teens have very different taste in music.
    So far using restrictions on my daughter's iPod has been much simpler than using a restricted profile on the Android tablet my 4 year old uses.

There ARE a few things about Android that I miss but not enough for me to go back.
    chezm and Cladster like this.
    04-25-2017 01:19 PM
    All? Not me. I'm keeping mine. I absolutely love it. But you have to remember. Most people here who tried it are hard core iOS people. Nothing wrong with them trying it but iOS is home to them. Me on the other hand I have been an iOS user since iPhone 3G. But I've also had every Samsung since S5. So for me iOS has my heart but I love using other platforms too.
    I have owned all Galaxy S phones and Note - even got the Note 7 some weeks before the battery failure. Also had all iPhones since the 3Gs. No phone can bring me the satisfaction an iPhone provides. Owned almost every flagship Android released - they feel great some days or maybe weeks. Then the small annoying things with Android phones start to show their ugly face and I can't stand them as my daily driver anymore
    Last edited by Easycure1974; 04-26-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    04-25-2017 03:41 PM
    I have owned all Galaxy S phones and Note - even got the Note 7 some weeks before the battery failure. Also had all iPhones since the 3Gs. No phone can't get me the satisfaction an iPhone can bring. Owned almost every flagship Android released - they feel great some days or maybe weeks. Then the small annoying things with Android phones start to show their ugly face and I can't stand them as my daily driver anymore
    I agree with this, with the exception of the Nexus 5 and 6P. I think the base android experience since 5.0 has been great, it's now at 7.0 much more refined. Why I came back to iPhone (last was 5S and only for 3 months), it wasn't the hardware of android devices as we can see with S8 is very sleek/futuristic but the overall package iPhone 7+ offers.
    04-25-2017 04:45 PM
    I have swapped a few times but:

iMessage iPhone/iPad/iMac
    Facetime
    Find iPhone
    Photostream
    iCloud
    iBooks
    Apple Music
    Family sharing
    Safari
    Mail
    Syncing between iMac/ipad
    Apple watch
    256GB on board
    Customer Service
    TID works
    Back ups
    Airplay

And whatever people want to say about iTunes i like it and works well.
    04-25-2017 07:14 PM
    I couldn't reach the damn fingerprint sensor comfortably. I tried for three days. The major thing that made me return the S8+ was my young daughter and her refusal to learn a new contact method besides FaceTime
    Wow same issue here my kids only know iMessage so for me to use android they would need skype for me and iMessage for everyone else in the family, way to mctoo h for the young ones so I'll be sticking with my 7 and 7 plus.
    04-26-2017 11:32 AM
    I went s8. I love unlocking my phone with my face/eyes. Lolhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...55710bf51e.jpg
    I'm thinking of getting one for myself as well. How has your experience been so far coming from iOS? Are you using it as your daily driver?
    04-26-2017 01:01 PM
    Big reason why I went s8. But I rarely use it to unlock it anyways. Mostly just use face recognition. I only use the finger scanner if face recognition fails.
    I watched some guy break the face recognition with a selfie on another phone and then a printed picture lol.
    04-26-2017 01:19 PM
    Replaced my 7 plus with an s8+ as my daily driver. Not regretting the decision. The screen on the galaxy is amazing and the 7plus feels like an ancient brick next to it. Still love apple though. I'm sure I'll be back with the rumored iPhone 8 redesign.
    04-26-2017 01:34 PM
    Replaced my 7 plus with an s8+ as my daily driver. Not regretting the decision. The screen on the galaxy is amazing and the 7plus feels like an ancient brick next to it. Still love apple though. I'm sure I'll be back with the rumored iPhone 8 redesign.
    Yeah the feel of the hardware is great - much better than the iPhone. But as always with Samsung the software is not as good and it destroys the initial joy of the beautiful hardware
    04-26-2017 02:25 PM
    This is totally something that I would have done in the past. I get the new Galaxy and then as soon as the next iPhone comes out I jump back. I just don't want to do that anymore. I will wait and see what apple does. I am sure they are not going to disappoint.

Enjoy the S8+, it really is a very nice phone.
    04-26-2017 03:11 PM
    My s8 is my daily driver and my 7 Plus is stuffed away in a drawer. I also have a s7 edge so I'm not loyal to any one platform or company. I've had every galaxy since the s5. I love apple but my s8 feels like the future of smart phones. With that said, I can't wait to see what apple does with the iPhone 8.
    chezm likes this.
    04-26-2017 07:45 PM
    I am new on a personal level to Apple although been using iPad at work for 5 yrs since they brought to store levels
    I was curious and played with it. But I switched for a damn good reason. Out of sheer frustration with Note 7 and going into the Note 5. I absolutely love my 7 plus. Have to be on 3G and not VERIZON LTE due to antenna but it's ok. Everything else makes up for it
    My brother is still on Samsung. He wants to see the iPhone 8. He is in Branson. His IT guy has suggested he switch. I told him he would be impressed. He sometimes will listen to me.
    04-26-2017 09:00 PM
    The S8 doesn't even open to buy from retailers here in Australia till tomorrow 28th, but people have been getting them from Samsung direct or on contract from carriers for a week.
    Already they are on gumtree sealed new for $300-500 cheaper than retail.
    A S8 plus sold for $1000 retail is $1350AUD here.
    Can get a S8 now with a 64GB card for $700 retail $1199.

It's always been the same with all Samsung flagships dropping $2-300 within a month or so, but this is madness not even on the shelves yet.
    I would never buy a Samsung on release you are throwing $$ down the drain.
    04-26-2017 09:57 PM
    My brother is still on Samsung. He wants to see the iPhone 8. He is in Branson. His IT guy has suggested he switch. I told him he would be impressed. He sometimes will listen to me.
    I have many family members who just dont like iPhone, and i have many family members who just dont like Android. It really comes down to the person and how they use their device, Android does a lot of things iPhone's can't. While we prefer iPhone's, and to our own opinions rightfully so, it may not apply the same to someone else. I'd suggest allowing your brother the opportunity, if permitted, to play around with your phone and ask questions about iOS so he can make a comparison. For example, i know not having a back button would drive many people i know who use Android into a frenzy or not having the ability to place icons where they want on the screen freely. just my 2 cents.

With those who got an S8, thats awesome news and keep us posted on your experience. My sister got hers at launch and loves it, not surprising since she went from an S5.
    04-27-2017 08:29 AM
    He can't play with my iPhone. He is in a different state. Lol
    richxps likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:05 AM
    My family all uses iPhones except me I bounce back and forth a lot. I picked up the s8 on release day and to my surprise I haven't picked up my iPhone once. Not sure how long it will last until I do
    04-27-2017 06:00 PM
    I loved Samsung. But I got frustrated with everything after Note 7. I am enjoying Apple. I still have my S2 tablet. But my iPad Pro and Mac Pro being used more
    bassjo likes this.
    04-27-2017 06:27 PM
    My family all uses iPhones except me I bounce back and forth a lot. I picked up the s8 on release day and to my surprise I haven't picked up my iPhone once. Not sure how long it will last until I do
    I got my s8 on launch day too. It just feels so good in hand for having a 5.8" screen. I've had no interest in using my 7 plus. It's stuffed away in a drawer.
    blaine07 and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-27-2017 09:43 PM
    Nope. I'm not ever going back to Samsung again. Have had absolutely atrocious experiences with Samsung phones and am never ever going to consider that brand again. I'll just stick to my iPhone6s-plus until the next iPhone is released.
    04-28-2017 04:19 AM
    Maybe not the S8, would prefer last year phones, the S7 or the note 7 if sold refurbished. The S8 improves mainly in the display, otherwise, better speaker than the miserable S7 and better headphone to the S7 and slightly better camera results.

I still prefer a front facing fingerprint sensor, and a flatter screen because I want to use a tempered glass on it and I won't be disappointed if android O won't come to the S8 until next year.

Something I really like about the S8 and wish apple to do the same. The onscreen home button is always on and I do wish apple have a smaller bezel phone, with Touch ID under the screen and always on home button with a 3D Touch on each edge, which could be active even when the phone is locked or in any other app. iOS already use the left edge to 3D Touch to the last app, so why not make a right edge 3D Touch to camera in any app and when locked, the top edge should on and off the flashlight.

Of course on the hardware side, iPhones should get QHD amoled but running at 1080p unless it's running videos and photos, DEX is a brilliant idea and Samsung seems to do a good job at it on the software side, hardware wise could be better if it comes in a portable keyboard dock using the phone screen as a touchpad. Camera software should also allow for RAW in the native app and easier settings and since apple has been using multi frame on the iPhone 7, it may also improve further to get close to the pixel photos.
    04-28-2017 04:42 AM
    I know Samsung takes a lot of criticism over their products. I do not think fairly especially in an Apple forum which is to be expected.

I still use a Note 5 (work) and IPhone 6s Plus for everything else. People talk about Samsung devices as if they are saddled with issues and the truth of the matter is, they just aren't.

Perhaps we have blocked the fact that iPhones act wonky time to time also. I know apps force close, safari can lag, battery can just drain for no apparent reason forcing a hard reset amongst other issues. I don't want to pretend the IPhone is perfection because it definitely isn't. My note 5 has been rock solid since day one and doesn't do anything worse than my iPhone 6s Plus when it comes to software type issues. When I had the note 7 it was the best device I had ever owned and the experience was fantastic.

I really liked the Galaxy S8 and can see why folks would flock to it. It's really that nice! Perfect? No. But boy it's a great piece of hardware and I found the software to be pretty tight. Unfortunately, its not for me because I like my Note 5, for work, way too much and would miss the stylus aspect.

The one thing that can be said for Samsung and the products they release is that they take risks. They take risks on software, hardware, and even designs. Apple plays things safe. Simple design and simple software. Not that its a bad thing because it definitely isn't.
    iamdld likes this.
    04-28-2017 06:32 AM
    I got my s8 on launch day too. It just feels so good in hand for having a 5.8" screen. I've had no interest in using my 7 plus. It's stuffed away in a drawer.
    This
    04-28-2017 06:49 AM
    I can't face going back to a bloated, slow, ugly and poorly thought out Android. I'm sure it's a great phone in the grand scheme of things but I won't be swapping my iPhone 7 for one.
    04-28-2017 08:27 AM
    Friend got an S8. Damn sexy hardware for sure. But having gone back to iOS now, I'd have a really HARD time going back to Samsung. But I do hope that Apple borrows all the design language from the S8/G6/Xiaomi for the upcoming iPhone 8. Nearly bezel-less display with 85% display ratio or better and the taller/narrower form factor. I didn't like the S7 edge at all but note 7 and S8 are fine with their less severe curvatures. I will give the S8 "best display ever on a phone award" right now. Cranked up to UHD res and set on photo? Absolutely gorgeous!
    MKNicole1988 likes this.
    04-28-2017 10:35 AM
    I know Samsung takes a lot of criticism over their products. I do not think fairly especially in an Apple forum which is to be expected.
    Maybe not anyone else, but for me any criticism about Samsung is that I've owned 5 of their flagships and not one of them didn't go belly up do to hardware failure or software issues. Not one.

Meanwhile I've owned 6 iPhones any never had so much as a hiccup. Ever.

My criticism of Samsung is well rooted in personal experience.
    chezm and Easycure1974 like this.
    04-28-2017 10:46 AM
497 ... 23456 ...